“climate emergency”

We Are Living in a Climate Emergency, and We’re Going to Say So

Given the circumstances, Scientific American has agreed with major news outlets worldwide to start using the term “climate emergency” in its coverage of climate change.

Has anyone defined what the ideal “climate” is? We know “climate” has moved a lot over tens of thousands of years. Is there a target that is being discussed? It seems like this is a basic starting point to the conversation.

I highly recommend the youtube channel "Ice Age Farmer". He keeps abreast of this idiocy better than anyone that I have listened to.

The global cabal is gonna ratchet the climate emergency crap up in order to push the global reset. It has a huge anti agriculture component to it as well as the establishment of a global currency.

Some scary stuff.

Not quite yet, I refuse to think that we have surrendered our country to a bunch of pussies. The coastal girly boys don't get to tell me how to behave without a fight.
Can you still call someone a pussy and not be considered a racist, homophobe or misogynist and fired from your job? Asking for a friend

Reactions: AM64 and VolStrom
The biggest "climate emergency" is overpopulation of the planet. Not sure how we're gonna solve that particular problem. People aren't going to stop having kids, and we're not going to go all Thanos and kill half the world's population. So will we find a way to colonize other planets?

Seriously, do any of these "climate scientists" address world population as the number one problem facing this "climate emergency"?
They don’t have to. China and Bill gates are working on that population reduction.

Reactions: AM64
This thread isn’t what I thought it would be. It’s basically a couple conspiracy theorists throwing around trigger words and some contrarian book peddling. Honestly, I’m impressed at the overall restraint.

And this just addresses land usage. The heavy metal and other "rare" materials required for much green tech is going to require dozens of Yucca Mtns.
Mmm. Yucca mountains. Sounds delicious. Are those like chocolate lava cakes?

Reactions: AM64
contrarian book peddling - LOL - the author was the Chief Scientist of Obama's DoEnergy
Lol I’m sorry, obvious monetarily premised book peddling better?

The guy is basically saying “politicians use a hot button topic as propaganda rather than making an actual difference.” Earth shattering! Lol

The guy is basically saying “politicians use a hot button topic as propaganda rather than making an actual difference.” Earth shattering! Lol

The climate alarmists lost credibility a long time ago. It has been around for 40-50 years. When advocates proclaim things like "we have 12 years" and such and the elite still not leading by example, it is a messaging problem, not the fault of the deniers.

have you read the book? it promises to take an objective look at the climate data. the person is qualified and not a climate denier.

maybe you are against that or only favor books that tell you what you want to hear?

have you read the book? it promises to take an objective look at the climate data. the person is qualified and not a climate denier.

maybe you are against that or only favor books that tell you what you want to hear?
Did you not read the synopsis that you posted?

“Mr. Koonin argues not against current climate science but that what the media and politicians and activists say about climate science has drifted so far out of touch with the actual science as to be absurdly, demonstrably false.”

Doesn’t sound like what you describe at all.

The climate alarmists lost credibility a long time ago. It has been around for 40-50 years. When advocates proclaim things like "we have 12 years" and such and the elite still not leading by example, it is a messaging problem, not the fault of the deniers.

If you want to come off the hyperbole and have an actual conversation about it then you can review this...

Climate Science Special Report: Executive Summary

Which is where I derive most of my knowledge on the issue. What do you refute?

VN Store

Back