'24 ★★★★★ Class of 2024 Commitments

I'll be honest, I know it's early but I'm a little surprised at where we are right now in the rankings. I was certain that the momentum of last season, along with NIL efforts would catapult us to a higher ranking, not sitting outside the top 10. Long term, that's not going to cut it if we're serious about winning championships.

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof
I'll be honest, I know it's early but I'm a little surprised at where we are right now in the rankings. I was certain that the momentum of last season, along with NIL efforts would catapult us to a higher ranking, not sitting outside the top 10. Long term, that's not going to cut it if we're serious about winning championships.

Be snarky if you want, but I'm just telling the truth. If you're content with 8-10 wins a year and going to bowl games, then I guess you have no problems with our recruiting. However if you're looking for us to compete for championships, it's not going to happen unless Heupel and his staff find another gear. If you count Texas and Oklahoma, there are currently 5 SEC teams ranked ahead of us in recruiting.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Be snarky if you want, but I'm just telling the truth. If you're content with 8-10 wins a year and going to bowl games, then I guess you have no problems with our recruiting. However if you're looking for us to compete for championships, it's not going to happen unless Heupel and his staff find another gear. If you count Texas and Oklahoma, there are currently 5 SEC teams ranked ahead of us in recruiting.

10 of the teams ranked ahead of us have more commits.

I understand teams have more commits than we do but that ranking seems awful low for the star average.. If this were Bubba's or UGA's class it would be top 5 probably.

Can we restrict posts on this thread to our commitments list and updates about specific recruit commitments and ranking changes please?

There is an entire FF available for people who want to kvetch and gripe. This thread is pinned for a purpose.

Spillman moves us up to 8th with 253.81 points, trailing Bama, So Cal and PSU by 1-3 points. If we get Bates Wednesday, that will put us firmly at #5
With bates we’ll move to 7th. Other teams got some commitments over the last few days and moved us back down to 10th. Bates and Warren would put us at 5th

VN Store

Back