'24 ★★★★★ Class of 2024 Commitments

Sanctions have nothing to do with how many we can sign. We just have a certain number of overall scholarships to stay under. It more so depends on how many graduate/transfer out.
In a way they do. We have to keep ourselves at like 12 less scholarships total one way or another over a period of the next several years. It amounts 2-3 a year. So think of it as we now work to an 82 or 83 total number instead of 85. Whether you cut someone or just don't sign is kind of up to you, but it does lead into having to be mildly tighter with your scholarships.

Reactions: gnm53108
What's up with 24/7 rankings/ listings? Says we have 1 5*, but when you click to see our full class, it shows 2. OTOH, UGA shows 4, 5*, but when you click to see full class, it shows only 3.

Forgive me if it's already been answered

So proud of the program and the coaches, support staff that it takes to have a great class of young men. Go Vols !

Do we have any commits that are a danger to flip? Just seems that the environment is not always stable with these kids and there are a couple that we are working on from other schools.

Do we have any commits that are a danger to flip? Just seems that the environment is not always stable with these kids and there are a couple that we are working on from other schools.
We don't have many flips under this staff because of the way they recruit. When we do have potential flips, it's known pretty early on before it happens, that it's likely. Right now we don't have any potential flips in this class, but recruiting is fluid. This staff builds really strong relationships with the recruits and their families and they recruit kids with a specific character profile.

And in every position of need. Albeit, not sure how many of these guys will have an immediate impact?
What I'm really looking forward to is seeing how Heupel manages the rest of this recruiting class and the numbers overall. This likely will be the most difficult recruiting season he's going to face at UT. Covid seniors are almost all gone, the NCAA defections have left a huge gap in experience in our roster and we can't afford to waste a single season with our 5 star stud QB prospect. We sit at 20 right now. I can't see us taking more than 1 or 2 more guys from the HS ranks and they'd have to be elite prospects. We've got a 2 'ship reduction due to the NCAA penalties. We're going to need to dive and dive deep into the portal. I'd have to think we need 5 OL, 2 DL, TE, WR and a backup QB. Deon went out and grabbed 80 so 10 doesn't seem like a lot, but outside of the QB, we really need all of the portal to be solid contributors at the jump. Heupel has one helluva hill to climb this year.

VN Store

Back