⚽️ Lady Vols Soccer

Right now am watching replay of our next opponent, Netherlands, vs. Portugal.

IMO, the Dutch look to be about the tightest-marking team I have seen thus far. They don't let opponent do diddly-squat with the ball. We'll see how our young Sullivans, De Melos, Smiths, hold up under that physical pressure. Yet we could neutralize that if we show for each other and can execute quick one-touch passing and not stubbornly try to hold the ball too long.

Despite what I just said about the Netherlands gals, I would think we can handle them, and can do Sweden, as well.

Germany and Brazil maybe more challenging?

Ha: I've been a big fan of the Dutch men and women's national teams for years. The Dutch women have got some good players, but the team is in a bit of a transition period and I'm not sure this group matches up well with the mighty American side. The Netherlands is a small country that has always punched above its weight, to use a boxing term, in soccer. It's long been known as a country that plays a very attractive brand of soccer, and one that has a lot of excellent coaches. A lot of American soccer coaches go to The Netherlands to get soccer coaching certificates. But, being a small country, it simply doesn't have that huge pool of young talent--in which promising new national team members can be regularly found--that is the source of U.S. strength--on the women's side anyway. This Dutch team has been playing some good defense, but its attack as been somewhat flat for the last year or two--and losing Viv Miedema to an ACL injury has hurt. I think the team's wingbacks (one young and other a converted midfielder) could struggle against the U.S. We'll see. If the Dutch lose, at least it will be a learning experience for the coaches--and the team should still beat Vietnam (let's hope) and make the knockout round as second in the group. But that would set up a tough path for the Dutch, as they'd probably have to play Sweden in their first knockout match, if I read the schedule correctly, followed by Spain in the quarters!

I just couldn't stand that type of ending in a contest
I'd be like, "ok, officially it may be that way, but we are gonna go down to the park and finish what ain't finished"
It’s about getting through to the elimination round. You play 3 matches and the two teams with the most points go through. If a draw gets you to the next round, that’s the goal.

It’s about getting through to the elimination round. You play 3 matches and the two teams with the most points go through. If a draw gets you to the next round, that’s the goal.
A draw gets you a point better than Zero and usually 4 points will get you too Knockout Round I know more about Soccer than you think!!😏

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
I understand the point system,,,it's the walking away from a "tie" game that rattles my chain

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back