⚽️ Lady Vols Soccer

Are you conflicted with your rooting interests tonight?

Ha: I hate to be disloyal, but I'm pulling for the Dutch. I've been a fan of the Dutch men and women for a long time and
I can't stop now! I think the U.S. will win--the game has been over-hyped by Fox (because that's how it makes money--because its front line is more dynamic and the Dutch have some questions at other positions. When they played at the Olympics, the Dutch were the better team in the second half of a game that ended 2-2, with the U.S. winning on penalty kicks. Miedema scored both goals for the Dutch that day, and she's not playing!

I don't think the U.S. will have enough gas left in the tank to overcome the Netherlands' stout defense and excellent ball movement overall. I don't ever recall feeling less confident in Team U.S.A. than I do right now. Ugh.

But, as we all know, things can change rapidly. I think the U.S. will need to equalize pretty early in the 2nd to have a chance, though, because the longer the Dutch hold that lead the more confident they're going to get and the more desperate the U.S. will get.

I'm wondering if there'll be a lineup change?

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
The U.S. simply doesn't look like they were prepared for the Netherlands, but the Dutch look VERY prepared for the U.S.

Looks like coaching is going to make the difference tonight.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back