⚽️ Lady Vols Soccer

D1 Programs that have had 4+ players sign elsewhere in Transfer Portal so far.

North Carolina (6)
Houston (5)
Memphis (5)
Xavier (5)
Tennessee (5)
Vanderbilt (4)
St.Louis (4)
Arkansas (4)

D1 Programs that have signed 4+ players in the Transfer Portal so far.

Kentucky (6)
Cal Bakersfield (5)
Lipscomb (5)
UTSA (5)
LSU (4)
Michigan State (4)
Mississippi State (4)
UCF (4)
Utah (4)
Charlotte (4)
Troy (4)

IMG_5319.jpeg

These are just confirmed transfers, not everyone that has entered the portal.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

The guidance, an update of which was sent to schools on Thursday, paves the way for football multi-time transfers to enter the NCAA transfer portal during the fall portal period and then play immediately next year without a waiver. The same goes for other fall sports, such as volleyball and soccer.

Our roster is too big. Only need 22-24 players.

The roster you see is last year's roster. We're losing, by my count, 13 players from the roster you see due to end of eligibility and transfers out. We should be adding 9, maybe 10 new players (freshmen plus at most 3 transfers), so the new roster, whenever it is posted, should have 3 or 4 fewer players than last year's, I think.

The roster you see is last year's roster. We're losing, by my count, 13 players from the roster you see due to end of eligibility and transfers out. We should be adding 9, maybe 10 new players (freshmen plus at most 3 transfers), so the new roster, whenever it is posted, should have 3 or 4 fewer players than last year's, I think.
I hope you're right. But, I would be willing to bet a chunk of change that, in addition to the number of players that you mentioned, we will get 4 to 5 more. These coaches are like gambling addicts, they always think they can win the big money with just one more player. And, they worry about injuries too much. Instead, focus on a smart conditioning program during the spring and through the summer. Soccer programs don't condition their players correctly, even at the highest level. It's very odd. And no USL in the summer- it's to many games and the recovery isnt done smartly. Most of the players that got hurt at Tennessee played USL. Check it out.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
I hope you're right. But, I would be willing to bet a chunk of change that, in addition to the number of players that you mentioned, we will get 4 to 5 more. These coaches are like gambling addicts, they always think they can win the big money with just one more player. And, they worry about injuries too much. Instead, focus on a smart conditioning program during the spring and through the summer. Soccer programs don't condition their players correctly, even at the highest level. It's very odd. And no USL in the summer- it's to many games and the recovery isnt done smartly. Most of the players that got hurt at Tennessee played USL. Check it out.

You could be right that playing USL is too much prior to the start of August training and then the season. On the one hand, the more soccer you play, the more potential there is for your development--and they all certainly need more development. On the other hand, there is always the risk of injury--and yes, some of our knee injuries occurred in the summer. But players can get hurt at any time.

We won't get 4 more players. I'm not even sure if Sammi Woods--Michigan transfer---signed with us. It's possible we'll get one more--maybe another transfer or an international player--but I'll be surprised if it's more than that.

Last edited:
Twelfth seems very promising.

12. Tennessee (12)

Commitments: M Bella Smith (KC Athletics – No. 28), M Skylar Miller (Richmond United – No. 75), F Reese Mattern (Richmond United – No. 120), D Jasmine Boggs (Virginia Development Academy – No. 131), D Nyla Blue (FC Alliance), F Kameran Bluette (St. Louis Scott Gallagher), F/D Devin Davis(FC Dallas), D Sydney Miller (Richmond United), GK Cayden Norris (FC Alliance), F Alivia Stott (FC Alliance (TN))

Transfers: M Luciana Latino (Penn State), D Zoe Cuneio (Purdue)

Reactions: brittannica
Twelfth seems very promising.

12. Tennessee (12)

Commitments: M Bella Smith (KC Athletics – No. 28), M Skylar Miller (Richmond United – No. 75), F Reese Mattern (Richmond United – No. 120), D Jasmine Boggs (Virginia Development Academy – No. 131), D Nyla Blue (FC Alliance), F Kameran Bluette (St. Louis Scott Gallagher), F/D Devin Davis(FC Dallas), D Sydney Miller (Richmond United), GK Cayden Norris (FC Alliance), F Alivia Stott (FC Alliance (TN))

Transfers: M Luciana Latino (Penn State), D Zoe Cuneio (Purdue)

No Woods, huh? Disappointing, if she had a change of heart--I think we needed her.

Reactions: MAD
Did anybody watch the All America game to catch a glimpse of Blue and Stott? I didn't. I watched the game ounce, a few years ago when we had two signees in it, but haven't watched it since.
My daughter from Minnesota played in the game. Nyla Blue really stood out as an outstanding player, super athletic. I did not notice Stott as much. I'm sure she did great, I just didn't look for her.

Reactions: mudcat1973 and MAD
I just noticed that Jaida Thomas as registered for the NWSL draft. This would seem to suggest that she will not be playing for
the Vols next season--but she does have another year of eligibility, I think, so maybe she is just smartly exploring all her options. There are currently 157 players registered for the draft, and a maximum of 48 draft selections. If 48 get drafted, I'd venture that less than half will make a roster. I'd think that Thomas has a decent chance of getting drafted--given her goal production in college. But I wouldn't say her qualities are those of a classic striker or CF. She's predominantly a poacher, which may or may not work for her as a pro. I've no doubt that she'll get a professionally opportunity somewhere, and if that happens she'll certainly be missed.

We could have major goal-scoring problems next year if Woods didn't sign with us and Thomas goes pro.

VN Store

Back