⚽️ Lady Vols Soccer

Watch some of our future Lady Vols tonight.

The ECNL Girls is excited to announce the rosters for the Continental Tire ECNL National Selection Game. The National Selection Game in Florida will take place at the Premier Sports Campus Stadium on January 7, 2024 at 6:30 PM and can be live streamed here. The game will feature players from the U16-U18/19 age groups.

The Continental Tire ECNL National Selection Games are “all-star” matches that bring top players at each regular season ECNL National Event together for representative competition on the first day of the event. They are one component of the ECNL National Selection Program, which encompasses all player identification and development programs within the league.

Players were selected for the games by ECNL Player Identification staff through a combination of scouting and recommendations based on performances over the past several months. These athletes will not compete for their clubs on this day in order to properly rest and prepare for the National Selection Game.

Rosters

East

Lola Abraham (Pittsburgh Riverhounds)
Isabella Calabro (East Meadow Soccer Club)
Reese Canada (Michigan Hawks)
Summer Chen (FC Dallas)
Amelie D'Agnillo (Arlington Soccer)
Sierra Dupre (Pittsburgh Riverhounds)
Samantha Erbach (Ohio Elite Soccer Academy)
Breahn Fisher (Tennessee SC)
Hannah Harms (VA Union FC)
Megan Holland (Rockford Raptors)
Kate Kirby (Florida Elite Soccer Academy)
Nina Laba (Michigan Hawks)
Emma Lovell (Albion Hurricanes FC)
Kaylin Mallon (SUSA FC)
Audrey McKeen (Northern Virginia Alliance)
Nyamma Nelson (Portland Thorns Academy)
Scottie Oller-Newton (Tennessee SC)
Sophia Prime (Ohio Premier)

West

Kendall Barley (Atlanta Fire)
Shea Boyle (FC Stars Blue)
Jalen Chaney (Sting Dallas Black)
Karalyn Dail (Real Colorado National)
Koto Davis (Maryland United FC)
Annabel Edwards (Connecticut FC)
Eva Forster (NC Courage)
Marlee Fort (Oklahoma Energy FC)
Sophia Martelli (Atlanta Fire)
Reese Mattern (Richmond United)
Madeline Parrott (Scorpions Soccer)
Lily Phillips (Penn Fusion SA)
Aaliyah Pitts (Tampa Bay United)
Sophie Rourke (WNY Flash)
Paige Santos (Charlotte SA)
Layla Thompson (FC Dallas)
Jaylen Vallecillo (East Meadow Soccer Club)
Lilia Work (Racing Louisville Academy)

To view a full list of the rosters for the National Selection Game, click here.

Future Lady Vols highlighted in orange.

Watch some of our future Lady Vols tonight.

The ECNL Girls is excited to announce the rosters for the Continental Tire ECNL National Selection Game. The National Selection Game in Florida will take place at the Premier Sports Campus Stadium on January 7, 2024 at 6:30 PM and can be live streamed here. The game will feature players from the U16-U18/19 age groups.

The Continental Tire ECNL National Selection Games are “all-star” matches that bring top players at each regular season ECNL National Event together for representative competition on the first day of the event. They are one component of the ECNL National Selection Program, which encompasses all player identification and development programs within the league.

Players were selected for the games by ECNL Player Identification staff through a combination of scouting and recommendations based on performances over the past several months. These athletes will not compete for their clubs on this day in order to properly rest and prepare for the National Selection Game.

Rosters

East

Lola Abraham (Pittsburgh Riverhounds)
Isabella Calabro (East Meadow Soccer Club)
Reese Canada (Michigan Hawks)
Summer Chen (FC Dallas)
Amelie D'Agnillo (Arlington Soccer)
Sierra Dupre (Pittsburgh Riverhounds)
Samantha Erbach (Ohio Elite Soccer Academy)
Breahn Fisher (Tennessee SC)
Hannah Harms (VA Union FC)
Megan Holland (Rockford Raptors)
Kate Kirby (Florida Elite Soccer Academy)
Nina Laba (Michigan Hawks)
Emma Lovell (Albion Hurricanes FC)
Kaylin Mallon (SUSA FC)
Audrey McKeen (Northern Virginia Alliance)
Nyamma Nelson (Portland Thorns Academy)
Scottie Oller-Newton (Tennessee SC)
Sophia Prime (Ohio Premier)

West

Kendall Barley (Atlanta Fire)
Shea Boyle (FC Stars Blue)
Jalen Chaney (Sting Dallas Black)
Karalyn Dail (Real Colorado National)
Koto Davis (Maryland United FC)
Annabel Edwards (Connecticut FC)
Eva Forster (NC Courage)
Marlee Fort (Oklahoma Energy FC)
Sophia Martelli (Atlanta Fire)
Reese Mattern (Richmond United)
Madeline Parrott (Scorpions Soccer)
Lily Phillips (Penn Fusion SA)
Aaliyah Pitts (Tampa Bay United)
Sophie Rourke (WNY Flash)
Paige Santos (Charlotte SA)
Layla Thompson (FC Dallas)
Jaylen Vallecillo (East Meadow Soccer Club)
Lilia Work (Racing Louisville Academy)

To view a full list of the rosters for the National Selection Game, click here.

Future Lady Vols highlighted in orange.
Supporters of Reese Mattern at tonight’s match.

IMG_5556.jpeg

Prime and Fisher started for the East---and Prime scored a goal within the first minute of play. I think she was playing CF for the East, or maybe wide forward or attacking mid--I'm actually not sure as there was no graphic with the starting lineup and it was hard to make out numbers on the field (she is No 10 in red) and so couldn't easily spot her on the field. But she WAS playing up front, and she collected a loose ball off to the right of the box, after a cross and deflected clearance, and belted it past the West keeper for a goal. A well-hit shot.

Six and half minutes later, a West player blazes down the left flank, outruns her mark and hits the ball well, near post, and ties the game for the West. It was Reese Mattern (No 16 in White). Very nice play. Pretty cool to have a Vol signee and a Vol commit score the first two goals in an all-star game with an impressive collection of talent--many if not most of the players headed to big-time soccer programs.

Fisher was playing defensive mid for the East. She seems to have nice size and is left-footed, I believe. Made a couple of nice passes. Will have to try and watch her a bit more.

I only watched the first 17 minutes or so. Will go back and watch some more of the game tomorrow. There were a LOT of college coaches in attendance at the game in Lakeland, Florida.

Prime and Fisher started for the East---and Prime scored a goal within the first minute of play. I think she was playing CF for the East, or maybe wide forward or attacking mid--I'm actually not sure as there was no graphic with the starting lineup and it was hard to make out numbers on the field (she is No 10 in red) and so couldn't easily spot her on the field. But she WAS playing up front, and she collected a loose ball off to the right of the box, after a cross and deflected clearance, and belted it past the West keeper for a goal. A well-hit shot.

Six and half minutes later, a West player blazes down the left flank, outruns her mark and hits the ball well, near post, and ties the game for the West. It was Reese Mattern (No 16 in White). Very nice play. Pretty cool to have a Vol signee and a Vol commit score the first two goals in an all-star game with an impressive collection of talent--many if not most of the players headed to big-time soccer programs.

Fisher was playing defensive mid for the East. She seems to have nice size and is left-footed, I believe. Made a couple of nice passes. Will have to try and watch her a bit more.

I only watched the first 17 minutes or so. Will go back and watch some more of the game tomorrow. There were a LOT of college coaches in attendance at the game in Lakeland, Florida.
They sent Becky Edwards

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Tennessee got another Senior portal player from Michigan.

Sarah Bridenstine(Left) Sammi Woods(Right) both transferring to Tennessee.
IMG_5579.jpeg

The two future Lady Vols mentioned in the article.

ECNL FLORIDA: EAST BRINGS HOME WIN IN CONTINENTAL TIRE ECNL NATIONAL SELECTION GAME​

IMG_5585.jpeg

In front of a packed house Sunday night at the Premier Sports Campus Stadium in Lakewood Ranch, Florida, the stars of ECNL Florida took the field for an action packed Continental Tire National Selection Game.

The game had fireworks from the start when the East’s Sophia Prime (Ohio Premier) fired home the first goal just 40 seconds into the game to put the East on top 1-0.

The West quickly answered the East’s goal when Reese Mattern (Richmond United) got past the East’s backline and put home a shot that deflected in off the near post to tie the game up at 1-1.

Before halftime, the East grabbed back the lead on a stunning goal from Kaylin Mallon (SUSA FC). From a tough angle, Mallon hit an arcing shot over the goalkeeper that found its way into the side netting to put the East on top going into the break.

In the 55th minute, the East extended their lead when Samantha Erbach (Ohio Elite Soccer Academy) received a perfect pass in the box and blasted it in to double the East lead.

The East tacked on one more goal in the 79th minute, when Nina Laba (Michigan Hawks) passed the ball over to Isabella Calabro (East Meadow Soccer Club), Calabro turned and fired a long range shot from well outside the box that found the back of the net to put the East up 4-1.

After the game, Laba, who was one of only three U16 players in the game, was named the Player of the Match for her fantastic work throughout the game for the East. Laba credited the East’s strong defensive effort to their communication throughout the back line and midfield.

“We connected well and talked well through the midfield which helped out our team,” Laba said.

Laba, who scored the National Championship winning goal last year for her U15 Michigan Hawks side, shouted out her teammates after the match for coming out to support her in the game.

“They’re so supportive. I love them.”

Laba also credited all the players on both teams, saying that the game was an incredible experience due to the high quality of play from everyone involved.

"It's an unreal experience to play with high level players,” Laba said. “It’s just exciting.”

Reactions: chuckiepoo
How many more transfers did I say we would get before it was all over? Hope the Tennessee Wolverines do well next year.

PS

Those aren't Seniors. They are covid- 5th year graduate players.

Reactions: MAD and chuckiepoo
According to a transfer database, we have also picked up a transfer from Oklahoma--a defensive player from
Germany named Muriel Kroflin. Was a defensive starter last year for OU, I think at defensive mid or oustide back, and might have
been one of their better, more dependable players. Good technical skills, smart player; sounds a bit like Hofmann. Haven't seen anything
from her to confirm, but her transfer is also noted on an OU

MURIEL KROFLIN
Wingback | Langenargen, Germany​

• High School: Max-Weber- Schule, Freiburg
  • National Team: Germany
    • 19 matches for the German Youth National team, playing for U15, U16 and U17 squads.
  • Club: SC Freiburg
    • Helped lead Freiburg to the German Youth Bundesliga title in 2019.
    • Most outstanding player at German Futsal Cup in 2019.
  • Head Coach Mark Carr on Kroflin: “Muriel will be a great addition to her team. She has been a permanent fixture with the Germany U15, U16 and U17 WNTs, playing over 20 games. On the club side, she has been part of one of the most dominant teams in Germany in SC Freiburg and has played over 30 games for their youth team. She has the capacity to play on either flank and is an attacking-minded player. She is excellent in and out of possession, and she fits the physical profile of how we want to play. She loves to get into the attack, get forward, get crosses off and create chances.”
This from an OU soccer fan on one of their sports boards:

"Losing Muriel Kroflin is going to be tough minutes to replace I think. She was probably a better player than her skills as she was not particularly fast but very smart and efficient. Kroflin was instantly one of the players that caused me to support Sooner soccer. I just liked the way she played the game. I think she was a leader on the team as well."

Will be interesting. Sat out a year. Mark Carr is a bad coach. Matt Mott, even worse. Glad she got out of that toxic environment.

Reactions: MAD
According to a transfer database, we have also picked up a transfer from Oklahoma--a defensive player from
Germany named Muriel Kroflin. Was a defensive starter last year for OU, I think at defensive mid or oustide back, and might have
been one of their better, more dependable players. Good technical skills, smart player; sounds a bit like Hofmann. Haven't seen anything
from her to confirm, but her transfer is also noted on an OU

MURIEL KROFLIN

Wingback | Langenargen, Germany​

• High School: Max-Weber- Schule, Freiburg
  • National Team: Germany
    • 19 matches for the German Youth National team, playing for U15, U16 and U17 squads.
  • Club: SC Freiburg
    • Helped lead Freiburg to the German Youth Bundesliga title in 2019.
    • Most outstanding player at German Futsal Cup in 2019.
  • Head Coach Mark Carr on Kroflin: “Muriel will be a great addition to her team. She has been a permanent fixture with the Germany U15, U16 and U17 WNTs, playing over 20 games. On the club side, she has been part of one of the most dominant teams in Germany in SC Freiburg and has played over 30 games for their youth team. She has the capacity to play on either flank and is an attacking-minded player. She is excellent in and out of possession, and she fits the physical profile of how we want to play. She loves to get into the attack, get forward, get crosses off and create chances.”
This from an OU soccer fan on one of their sports boards:

"Losing Muriel Kroflin is going to be tough minutes to replace I think. She was probably a better player than her skills as she was not particularly fast but very smart and efficient. Kroflin was instantly one of the players that caused me to support Sooner soccer. I just liked the way she played the game. I think she was a leader on the team as well."
Here are her current stats at Oklahoma

IMG_5586.jpeg

How many more transfers did I say we would get before it was all over? Hope the Tennessee Wolverines do well next year.

PS

Those aren't Seniors. They are covid- 5th year graduate players.

You were right. We've picked up more transfers than I would have thought. Ultimately, if Kirt is wise (and smart), he'll get the young players
with promise the minutes they need to develop and get better. He's not been so good at that so far, I would say, but we'll see what happens next season. I think a bit unknown--at least for those of us who are not close to the program--and the status of our injured players and when they will be fully fit again.

These D1 programs have already signed 5+ players from the Transfer Portal 👇

Tennessee - 7
Kentucky - 7
Cal Bakersfield - 7
Lipscomb - 6
Oklahoma - 5
UTSA - 5
West Virginia - 5

Will be interesting. Sat out a year. Mark Carr is a bad coach. Matt Mott, even worse. Glad she got out of that toxic environment.

Mott actually did a pretty good job at Ole Miss--got them into the tourney at least a couple of years, and they had a good win one year over a favored opponent but can't recall who it was. He was hired away from Ole Miss by Oklahoma, so the OU AD thought he'd be an upgrade. He'll make OU better than it's been--and will be back in the SEC again.

I've watched a bit of the OU--Texas game from last season, with OU springing the upset Kroflin played defensive mid. She reminds me of her fellow German Hoffman--similar playing style. She is athletic but not hugely so, but certainly has a good understanding of the game and positioning. Like Hofmann for us, she took corner kicks for OU--in this game, anyway. Started almost every game, played a lot of minutes.

Mott brought in five transfers himself, one of whom is a defensive mid from LSU, and one OU fan speculated that maybe Mott was trying for an upgrade at Kroflin's position, told her that, and that's why she decided to leave OU. I don't know. The LSU player going to OU only started 7 games and played half the minutes for LSU that Kroflin played for OU, so I doubt that she was brought in to take Kroflin's job--maybe compete for it, but I wouldn't say more than that.

Reactions: MAD and chuckiepoo

If Woods has signed with us, and I hope she has, she's a lock to start at one forward position. Haven't really seen her play--I'm going to look--but started for Michigan for close to three years. Michigan beat our 20 win team, at Michigan, three seasons ago in the 3rd round of the NCAA. That was a good Michigan team. They weren't too good last year. Got a lot of experiernce and can score goals. We could be looking at a front line of Woods, Runyon and perhaps Greiner at the other outside spot--or Greiner and maybe Mattern spltting minutes. I don't think that Kirt will have any mediocre veterans to play in front of this group next season, so that will be a good thing.

I'll be surprised if Cuneio doesn't start at centerback for us, paired with Michel. Have seen a little video but it mostly shows her hitting nice cross-field diagonal passes from the back--which is an asset and something that many college CBs don't have the leg to do. Haven't seen her play much defense, don't know how agile/athletic she is, what kind of speed she has, but she started and played a lot of minutes for Purdue as a true frosh, so there is something to be said for that, and the (outgoing) coach spoke very highly of her.

Also likely that Bridenstine will either start or play a lot at outside back, which was her position at Michigan. She got her first starts for the Wolverwines as a soph and was a regular from then on--and I think one of their captains last season. There will be competition for outside/back wing jobs, for sure, as Brown, Hofmann were outside back starters last year, and Katz played outside back on our excellent '21 team--and if she's fit she'll definitely be in the mix to start at either OB or midfield. Klurman and others could challenge for a spot.

Don't know what to expect from Latino--a highly ranked recruit who was redshirted as a freshman at Pa. State and then failed to get much playing time as a reshirt frosh last season. That is not unusual as Pa. State is a big program that gets a lot of excellent talent. I'm sure Latino will get minutes, and we'll all see how she plays. She likes to shoot.

Kroflin probably has the inside track to start at defensive mid unless Mitchell or another young player emerges. Kroflin has at least 2 years of eligibility, I believe.

Next season will see a lot of changes and be interesting. We need to play better, be better, than we have the first two years under Kirt--and I suspect he knows that.

Mott actually did a pretty good job at Ole Miss--got them into the tourney at least a couple of years, and they had a good win one year over a favored opponent but can't recall who it was. He was hired away from Ole Miss by Oklahoma, so the OU AD thought he'd be an upgrade. He'll make OU better than it's been--and will be back in the SEC again.

I've watched a bit of the OU--Texas game from last season, with OU springing the upset Kroflin played defensive mid. She reminds me of her fellow German Hoffman--similar playing style. She is athletic but not hugely so, but certainly has a good understanding of the game and positioning. Like Hofmann for us, she took corner kicks for OU--in this game, anyway. Started almost every game, played a lot of minutes.

Mott brought in five transfers himself, one of whom is a defensive mid from LSU, and one OU fan speculated that maybe Mott was trying for an upgrade at Kroflin's position, told her that, and that's why she decided to leave OU. I don't know. The LSU player going to OU only started 7 games and played half the minutes for LSU that Kroflin played for OU, so I doubt that she was brought in to take Kroflin's job--maybe compete for it, but I wouldn't say more than that.
Matt Mott did a horrible job at Ole Miss. He played sloppy redneck soccer. And he treated the players poorly, and with disregard. His time at Ole Miss was up, and he got out before they kicked him out. My guess, the Athletic Director, like at most schools, doesn't know anything about girls soccer. They only know about football and basketball. Just wait, the program will implode.

It's no secret, I don't like fifth year Covid players joining any team. But will have to see how it turns out. By the way, Hoffman is not an outside back. Has never played the position until she came to Tennessee. My bet, the younger players rise up with a lot of grit, and eventually take over. 😀

Reactions: MAD
If Woods has signed with us, and I hope she has, she's a lock to start at one forward position. Haven't really seen her play--I'm going to look--but started for Michigan for close to three years. Michigan beat our 20 win team, at Michigan, three seasons ago in the 3rd round of the NCAA. That was a good Michigan team. They weren't too good last year. Got a lot of experiernce and can score goals. We could be looking at a front line of Woods, Runyon and perhaps Greiner at the other outside spot--or Greiner and maybe Mattern spltting minutes. I don't think that Kirt will have any mediocre veterans to play in front of this group next season, so that will be a good thing.

I'll be surprised if Cuneio doesn't start at centerback for us, paired with Michel. Have seen a little video but it mostly shows her hitting nice cross-field diagonal passes from the back--which is an asset and something that many college CBs don't have the leg to do. Haven't seen her play much defense, don't know how agile/athletic she is, what kind of speed she has, but she started and played a lot of minutes for Purdue as a true frosh, so there is something to be said for that, and the (outgoing) coach spoke very highly of her.

Also likely that Bridenstine will either start or play a lot at outside back, which was her position at Michigan. She got her first starts for the Wolverwines as a soph and was a regular from then on--and I think one of their captains last season. There will be competition for outside/back wing jobs, for sure, as Brown, Hofmann were outside back starters last year, and Katz played outside back on our excellent '21 team--and if she's fit she'll definitely be in the mix to start at either OB or midfield. Klurman and others could challenge for a spot.

Don't know what to expect from Latino--a highly ranked recruit who was redshirted as a freshman at Pa. State and then failed to get much playing time as a reshirt frosh last season. That is not unusual as Pa. State is a big program that gets a lot of excellent talent. I'm sure Latino will get minutes, and we'll all see how she plays. She likes to shoot.

Kroflin probably has the inside track to start at defensive mid unless Mitchell or another young player emerges. Kroflin has at least 2 years of eligibility, I believe.

Next season will see a lot of changes and be interesting. We need to play better, be better, than we have the first two years under Kirt--and I suspect he knows that.
This almost sounds like hope…. 🤣
Hang in there brother.

I appreciate being a witness to the soccer fandom of the regulars in this thread. Between you, @MAD , @brittannica , and @Stmichael , I’m starting to feel an interest in soccer!

Reactions: brittannica and MAD
These D1 programs have already signed 5+ players from the Transfer Portal 👇

Tennessee - 7
Kentucky - 7
Cal Bakersfield - 7
Lipscomb - 6
Oklahoma - 5
UTSA - 5
West Virginia - 5
These programs have already had 5+ players leave and sign with other programs Transfer Portal.

North Carolina - 7
Memphis - 7
Arkansas - 5
Houston - 5
Portland - 5
TCU - 5
Tennessee - 5
Xavier - 5

VN Store

Back