⚽️ Tennessee Lady Vols Soccer

I’m noticing the University is updating the 2024 roster and a few of the transfers have been removed.
We know Zoe Cuneio returned to Purdue.
But others that are now no longer showing…
Kylie Finney, transfer from Bayor
Ella Giannola, transfer from Ohio State
Muriel Kroflin, transfer from Oklahoma

They are still working on the website so it could be a technical issue.
Without the above mentioned, there are 30 players that are listed for 2024.
It’s so strange! No mention on lady vols social media, but maybe I’ll comb the others later. I wonder if the changes around transferring has allowed some transfers to change their minds and go home.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
It’s so strange! No mention on lady vols social media, but maybe I’ll comb the others later. I wonder if the changes around transferring has allowed some transfers to change their minds and go home.
I couldn’t find anything, just that their names were not listed.
It could be an oversight , I don’t know.

Welcome to the new conference alignment.

This is crazy travel for a soccer team.
Oregon in the Big10
IMG_8204.jpeg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Welcome to the new conference alignment.

This is crazy travel for a soccer team.
Oregon in the Big10
View attachment 646219
That’s awful. Hate conference realignment, and I hope we don’t see a spate of injuries because players aren’t able to recover properly. It does look like they’ve at least tried to cluster away games like Nebraska and Iowa together to limit travel to the extent possible.

Saw mention of Kayla Barr on a previous post. She entered the portal because they thought she wasn't healing fast enough from her injury. She seems fine to me! Scored a hat-trick last weekend in her WPSL match for 865 Alliance. That sucks because she really is lightning fast, and could have been a great asset on the wing.

Saw mention of Kayla Barr on a previous post. She entered the portal because they thought she wasn't healing fast enough from her injury. She seems fine to me! Scored a hat-trick last weekend in her WPSL match for 865 Alliance. That sucks because she really is lightning fast, and could have been a great asset on the wing.
interesting insight! really unfortunate too because i felt that last year’s team was quite slow in some positions.

A somewhat Kayla Barr-related question: can someone differentiate for me between USL and WPSL? Is WPSL amateur and USL pro? I keep puzzling over how college kids can play for these teams but maintain eligibility, and I’m sure I’m just not grasping all the nuance between leagues.

A somewhat Kayla Barr-related question: can someone differentiate for me between USL and WPSL? Is WPSL amateur and USL pro? I keep puzzling over how college kids can play for these teams but maintain eligibility, and I’m sure I’m just not grasping all the nuance between leagues.

So USL is a huge organization that has a bunch of different leagues.

There are both different men’s and women’s leagues.

On the women’s side you have USL W which is a pre professional league where most of the college kids play during the summer months.
There is a new USL Women’s Super League that is gonna be similar to the NWSL.

WPSL is another league and it’s just like the USL W, pre professional league.
A lot of the Lady Vols are on teams that are in one league or the other.

Knoxville has a brand new team in the WPSL that has several Lady Vols including Liv Stott and Nyla Blue from Bearden and others. Kayla Barr is on the team as well.

UCLA posted their Fall schedule, so we know 5 matches now.

UCLA in Knoxville should be a good match to attend.

IMG_8226.jpegIMG_8225.jpeg

IMG_6535.jpeg

Linette Hofmann strengthens the VfB women​

IMG_6536.jpeg
VfB has signed Linette Hofmann for the upcoming Regionalliga season. The 19-year-old is moving from the University of Tennessee to Stuttgart.

Linette Hofmann was trained in the youth team of TSG Hoffenheim and played 52 games for the second team in the 2nd Women's Bundesliga, in which she scored three goals and provided another assist. The Weinheim native also played three games for the Kraichgau Bundesliga team. The 19-year-old played for various national teams at state and regional level. Linette Hofmann played a total of eight times for Germany's U15 and U19 teams, most recently at the 2022 U19 Women's European Championship.
Last summer, Linette Hofmann moved to the USA, where she began her studies at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville and joined the Tennessee Lady Volunteers university team. Linette Hofmann signed a contract with VfB until June 30, 2026.
VfB women's sports director Sascha Glass: "At 19 years old, Linette already brings a lot of national and international experience with her. In addition to appearances in the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga, she played for German junior national teams and was most recently active in the USA. We are very happy that Linette has chosen VfB. She will strengthen us."
Linette Hofmann: "I'm really excited to get to know the girls and can hardly wait to be on the pitch with them. It's special to play for such a big club with such a large fan base. I've followed the team's success, I watched the last game live in Sand, the atmosphere was great. I'm looking forward to my time at VfB."

Reactions: brittannica

VN Store

Back