⚽️ Tennessee Lady Vols Soccer

Two of our former Lady Vols will be visiting Knoxville when Memphis faces Tennessee 9/12 Thursday evening.
Maddie Eskin and Kayla Barr

IMG_8508.jpegIMG_8507.jpeg

IMG_8506.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: brittannica
Would love to see her come to the states.

View attachment 651313
I would too. There’s been such an influx of talent from Africa and other Concacaf countries. European stars should jump in on the fun 😅 I’m very hopeful one of the next NWSL expansion teams will either be in Nashville or Atlanta, so I can more easily catch games in person.

Congrats, to the Tennessee Gatorade Player of the Year, wish she was coming to Tennessee instead.

IMG_8523.jpeg

Katie Shea Collins​

Katie Shea Collins of Pope John Paul II Preparatory School is the 2023-24 Gatorade Tennessee Girls Soccer Player of the Year. Collins is the second Gatorade Tennessee Girls Soccer Player of the Year to be chosen from Pope John Paul II Preparatory School.
The 5-foot-2 senior forward scored 44 goals and passed for six assists this past season, leading the Knights (12-2-2) to the Division II, Class AA state quarterfinals. Collins had a direct hand in 50 of her team’s 56 goals on the year. She missed the state quarterfinal while earning a bronze medal at the 2023 Pan American Games in Chile as a member of the U.S. Soccer Under-19 Women’s National Team. She earned a call-up to the Under-20 Women’s National Team in June. She concluded her prep soccer career with 106 goals and 31 assists in 47 games.
Collins has volunteered locally with Habitat for Humanity and as a peer mentor to students with special needs. She has also donated her time as a youth soccer coach. “Katie Shea is one of the most amazing players I have ever coached against,” said Meggie Lucas, head coach of Harpeth Hall School. “Her skill with the ball is unmatched, her patience off the ball is wise beyond her years and her drive and competitive nature make her a force to be reckoned with.”
Collins has maintained a weighted 4.17 GPA in the classroom. She has signed a national letter of intent to play soccer on scholarship at the University of South Carolina this fall.
She joins recent Gatorade Tennessee Girls Soccer Player of the Year and Gamecock, Brinley Murphy y (2022-23 & 2021-22, Bearden High School).

South Carolina sure is racking in the top players from Tennessee lately. Why are they going to USC all the sudden.

Edit: I thought it was three players over past three years but its two players. But still hate to see them leave Tennessee.

Ella Giannola who transferred to Tennessee from Ohio State and played for the Lady Vols in the Spring is now back with the Buckeyes.
IMG_8567.jpeg

You guys really should come watch 865 Alliance. The women’s team has so many current and past Lady Vols.
Lawson Renie, Kayla Barr, Nyla Blue, Liv Stott, Cayden Norris…and then several other players from southeast schools.

You guys really should come watch 865 Alliance. The women’s team has so many current and past Lady Vols.
Lawson Renie, Kayla Barr, Nyla Blue, Liv Stott, Cayden Norris…and then several other players from southeast schools.
I saw yesterday was a great match.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Will try to catch the game in July! It’s nice to have summer soccer even if it is oppressively hot here right now.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
If you wanna keep track of players going into the new professional Super league, here is a list. Hoping a few Lady Vols end up on a few of the teams. Click each team on the bottom to view. Put out by Chris Henderson.

More updates with other schools releasing their 2024 fall schedule

IMG_8736.jpeg
Sept 29 Sunday Vanderbilt in Knoxville
Oct 27 Sunday Kentucky in Lexington
IMG_8737.jpegIMG_8738.jpeg

VN Store

Back