⚽️ Tennessee Lady Vols Soccer

Question. Some are saying we would only get one home game. But, we would get two right?
If Michigan wins I believe Tennessee has to play their second and third round matches in Ann Arbor.
Let’s hope for a Tennessee win and a Michigan loss to Bowling Green this weekend so the matches would be played in Knoxville instead.

Second and Third Rounds | November 19 and 21, 2021
Second and Third-Rounds will be conducted at eight non-predetermined campus sites. At each campus site, four teams will compete in single-elimination Second Round competition. The two winning teams will then compete against each other in single-elimination Third Round competition at the same campus site. The winning team from each of the eight Third Rounds advanced to the Quarterfinals.

2021 Division I Women's Soccer Official Bracket | NCAA.com
Win against Lipscomb next game winner of Washington State and Montana. I would think both those games would be at Tennessee. Third game could be at Tennessee if Michigan loses. So if not this way it all goes to Michigan after game one?
I wasn’t sure so I looked back to when Tennessee was the #2 seed in 2018, Texas A&M was the #3 seed. Both second round matches were played played in Knoxville.
1A3D9209-6F46-4B9B-8A88-395E0C836E74.jpeg

Reactions: Volfan2012
Another way Tennessee got the shaft, as the highest ranked 3rd seed, they treated the Lady Vols as only the 4th best #3 seed by putting us in the bracket with the number #1 overall RPI ranked team in the country in Florida State.

In comparison to the other #3 seeds vs #1 seeds

Tennessee # 8 vs FSU #1
Notre Dame # 16 vs Rutgers # 3
Georgetown # 10 vs Duke # 2
Southern California # 15 vs Virginia # 6

Also UCLA was ranked #13 RPI but got a 2 seed while we got a 3. That’s the one that should have been given to Tennessee.

How do #3 seeds against #2 seeds matchup?

Tennessee # 8 vs Michigan # 5
Notre Dame # 16 vs Arkansas # 4
Georgetown #10 vs UCLA # 13
Southern California # 15 vs North Carolina # 3

We got the second worst one there, they may have given us the worst but they didn’t want two SEC teams playing.

Highest ranking since 2007 + ties the highest ranking in program history 📈

86B51F6F-519A-4DD1-9A60-12C75D2E84CA.jpeg

3EE43266-54D3-4163-A0DA-FD3916EF19A1.jpeg

Look who is now ranked above Michigan, Arkansas and North Carolina, all #2 seeds.
Wish they did the rankings before the selection of the draw.

Okay, now that I've slept I'm pretty much over my madness. I think Coach Pensky's quote about being pissed off about being disrespected is probably the best thing to do. The good news is that the team can use that fire their energy which will make them even more formidable. The bad news is that all fans like us can do is grind our molars flat...or kick the dog...repeatedly. Since I love my dog too much to ever do that I'll take "molar grinding" for $500 Alex (RIP).

Also, late last night it occurred to me that our bad loss to Vandy in the infamous "Wrestlemania" match probably cost us our two seed pretty much anyway you want to look at it, RPI, etc. Yet another reason to hate Vandy even more!

At the end of the day, if you want to win it all you have to beat everybody they put in your way no matter when or where the tournament takes you. We do intend to win it all don't we? ;)
Now seeing we are up to #6, I’m thinking that Vandy “Wrestlemania” match may have cost the Lady Vols a #1 seed.

Reactions: StrangeVol
Tennessee is getting the #1 ranked soccer player from Ohio.
Abby Reisz finishing Upper Arlington career as Ohio’s No. 1-ranked girls soccer player - BVM Sports
I visited there a couple of times and I loved the campus, the coaching staff was amazing and they still are, and the group of players that are there are all great people and players. It’s a great environment, I love my time there and I love my time with the people there. Honestly, my heart was with Tennessee from the beginning.”

Top Drawer Soccer Player of the Week honors for @burdetteabbey! Team of the Week Honorable Mention for @jaidat_6!
D93DB499-5A23-44EE-8029-D774E4736481.jpeg

Burdette Named Top Drawer Soccer Player of the Week

D04F1FAC-9D3E-4AF8-86DB-E1159E5B4B35.jpeg

CULVER CITY, Calif. - Tennessee senior Abbey Burdette has been named the TopDrawerSoccer.com Player of the Week, the publication announced Tuesday.

The midfielder from Monrovia, Md., was on the field for all but three minutes in Orange Beach, anchoring the midfield and earning SEC Tournament MVP honors. She scored her first goal of the season in UT's opening game of the tournament, a 5-2 victory over Florida. She also played a key role in the title game against Arkansas, sliding to save a Razorback scoring opportunity at close range and repeatedly winning balls in the air to help break up the Arkansas attack and secure the decisive 3-0 win.

This is the first TopDrawerSoccer.com honor of Burdette's career. She's the fourth Volunteer to earn Team of the Week honors this season, and the first to be named Player of the Week.

Redshirt-sophomore Jaida Thomas also earned honorable mention on the latest edition of TDS Team of the Week. She tallied five goals and an assist over three games at the SEC Tournament.

No. 6 Tennessee, a No. 3 seed in the NCAA Tournament, will be back in action on Friday, hosting Lipscomb at Regal Stadium. Game time is set for 5 p.m. ET, and the match will be streamed on SECN+.

This is big news

Former Tennessee soccer player Rhian Wilkinson has been selected as the new head coach of NWSL Portland Thorns FC, according to the Athletic.
Wilkinson was inducted into the Tennessee Lady Volunteer HOF in 2013.
C720CCD8-9E9E-48D6-A65C-EEE4B93FBEE9.jpeg

VN Store

Back