06 Florida game is on CSS

That loss and the LSU loss later in the season'''''''''''''''''didn't think it would get any worse than that

I was there, with pneumonia. It was probably one of the most fun experiences that I've ever had at a UT game. Then there was the introduction of Tim Tebow and I knew that we were in for trouble for the foreseeable future.

It was hard to take in person. I'm not going to watch.

That loss and the LSU loss later in the season'''''''''''''''''didn't think it would get any worse than that

The beginning of the end. The opposition got home-team calls from the refs in both of those games, yet they were both in Neyland. I thought that we were going to split those games going into the season. We probably should have, and we almost won both.

It wasn't even that long ago. :pinch:

Yes sir, we should of won those two. Arkansas probably still would of beat us, but would of got a rematch in the Georgia Dome. 2006 & 2007 were fun seasons for the most part.

It wasn't even that long ago, but feels like a damn eternity to me.

Last edited:
Man we should've won that one

I am sick and tired of watching games that we end up losing. Why can't they show the games like Ohio State, the LSU game we won in 2005, the Miami game, the 5 overtime game that Witten caught the final touchdown, the marathon Ky. game in 2007, or any other exciting game that we won?

Speaking of criminals.... anyone else laughing at all the stories comming out of Florida players just being absolute thug/criminals under Urban Meyers watch? Its unreal how little Urban did to control that program. More arrests than any other program in the country during his tenure, but he did almost nothing to discipline players as long as they were winning. The stories about Hernandez in Florida is hilarious. Urban is a spineless coward that would do anything to win including not mentoring young men that are now going to jail for murder. You sacrifice your morals for W's and didn't help someone that obviously needed it. you just let him continue with his thug ways with 0 consequences and now look at the results. I am not saying this wouldn't have happened anyways, but Urban did nothing to help these people and just used them up for W's. What a pathetic person he is. How Florida was allowed to run a program like that and not have more players kicked off is unbelivable. Tennessee had a lot of kids do stupid things from the Kiffin Class and the arrest of the basketball players, but most of them got kicked out of school!!!! Janorice jenkins (cornerback for the St. Louis Rams) was kicked out of school by Muschamp. In an interview he said that if Urban was there he wouldnt have even been punished. **** florida. **** Urban. Cheating pieces of **** with no morals. PZ OUT.

Ainge tweeted about forcing it to Meachem when Taylor and Swain were wide open and said the loss was on him.

Kind of surprised he remembers it.

Yeah pick up that 1st down and Vols are in Lincoln's FG range. 23-21 Vols would have been sweet!

There is some revisionist history here:

The roughing the passer play happened in the 2nd quarter, and the pic would have put UT up 17-7.

What people also forget is that Brandon James returned a punt for a TD on the previous play, but it was wiped out by a terrible PHANTOM block in the back call.

So really, both teams lost 7 points on back to back questionable calls by the refs.

So, it's a wash.

If you don't believe me just google the 2006 play by play or watch the replay.

There is some revisionist history here:

The roughing the passer play happened in the 2nd quarter, and the pic would have put UT up 17-7.

What people also forget is that Brandon James returned a punt for a TD on the previous play, but it was wiped out by a terrible PHANTOM block in the back call.

So really, both teams lost 7 points on back to back questionable calls by the refs.

So, it's a wash.

If you don't believe me just google the 2006 play by play or watch the replay.

I thought the block in the back call was legit. It happened around the 27 yard line, and it sprung James on the cutback.

The facemask call that wiped out the pick-6 was a legit call too. It's like getting a ticket for jaywalking, but the rule is the rule.

Frittering to 152-52 NC. A lot of coaches would like to "fritter" that way.
I know right, them massacres of vandy, kentucky, ron zook, mike shula, mike dubose, ray goff, jim donnan etc were beyond awesome. I'll just leave it at that for conversations sake.

I know right, them massacres of vandy, kentucky, ron zook, mike shula, mike dubose, ray goff, jim donnan etc were beyond awesome. I'll just leave it at that for conversations sake.

Ah yes. CPF was not successful, every win was against a bad team or coach. NC was luck. HOF earned by padding wins. What a shame.

I'll just leave it at that also.

Happy 4th.

Reactions: 2 people
Ah yes. CPF was not successful, every win was against a bad team or coach. NC was luck. HOF earned by padding wins. What a shame.

I'll just leave it at that also.

Happy 4th.

This post is just plane ignorant

VN Store

Back