$100 A Barrel Oil is on the Way

Oil going down in price should be good for the consumer and may also force energy companies to finally invest in renewable alternatives that they could patent and monetize.

Reactions: 1 person
Oil going down in price should be good for the consumer and may also force energy companies to finally invest in renewable alternatives that they could patent and monetize.

Oil will go back up. eventually. What they should be investing in is upgraded facilities... take the losses going forward for when they are making better profits.

Obama's latest scheme to undermine the U.S. economy: cheap oil

So far cheap oil hurting economy more than it’s helping

Cheaper gasoline was supposed to turbocharge the U.S. economy, but so far it’s brought almost nothing but grief.

The nation’s rate of economic growth came to a standstill in the first three months of 2015, rising a measly 0.2% after gains of 2.2%, 5% and 4.6% in the prior three quarters. And a big culprit was the 50%-plus plunge in petroleum prices from last July through January.

Staring at the collapse in oil prices, U.S. energy producers have pulled the plug on investment and cut thousands of jobs, government data show.

Looks like Oil has bottomed and wants to break out. It's up 1.5% today & at $59 a barrel. Definitely a rotation out of biotechs and into energy

Prices have been around $50-$60 and gas has been anywhere from $1.90 to $2.25 (higher in some places). Now with the prices of oil going up again to possibly $100 a barrell, we may see gas prices from $2.80 - $3.20 a gallon by Memorial Day and not see it fall until after Labor Day.

Prices have been around $50-$60 and gas has been anywhere from $1.90 to $2.25 (higher in some places). Now with the prices of oil going up again to possibly $100 a barrell, we may see gas prices from $2.80 - $3.20 a gallon by Memorial Day and not see it fall until after Labor Day.

We don't need keystone.. Lol

We don't need keystone.. Lol

Naw. Oil trains are much safer

AP_train_fire_kab_140501_16x9_608.jpg

635665122471618667-Heimdal-train-derail-pic-Jennifer-Willis.jpg

casselton123113a.JPG

train.jpg

Last edited:

its already 2.54 in Illinois -- who/what is responsible for the barrel prices going up this time ?

The CEO of Shell said in a presentation I attended that they were confident that they would develop 40-60 dollar a barrel oil from oil shale. We'll see.....
I’d say post 12 from October 2007 has something to do with it.

Your domestic oil producers from the Permian Basin say hello and wishes everybody a happy holiday season!

Reactions: govols09
Down ~40 cents during the period.

That doesn't explain a 30% decline since October.
Yes it does.

The US is back to being the number 1 oil producer in the world again. The restrictions have been removed allowing us to export oil again. In October the US set a record of 11.7 million barrels of oil produced in a day and it’s gone up from there I think. This is all enabled by hydraulic fracking in the shale oil boom. US oil production has doubled in the last 8 years (look at the date stamp of the post I quoted)

You’re assuming the price was correct before. Based on the new supply/demand economics I’d submit it was over priced in the first place.

I remembered reading due to hydraulic fracking recent improvements the break even cost on US production has decreased dramatically. So I looked up the curve.

Oil was over priced. I’d say it’s correcting. Probably undershot a tad but 60 a barrel a sweet spot for US production. 31CA3A9A-36AF-4E53-A55C-4133B8026656.jpeg

Reactions: RavinDave
The US is back to being the number 1 oil producer in the world again. The restrictions have been removed allowing us to export oil again. In October the US set a record of 11.7 million barrels of oil produced in a day and it’s gone up from there I think. This is all enabled by hydraulic fracking in the shale oil boom. US oil production has doubled in the last 8 years (look at the date stamp of the post I quoted)

This was all well-known when the price was 30% higher. Old news for a market that is forward-looking.

VN Store

Back