'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

Dude I really don't need your approval. There's a reason sprinters don't do a lot of distance running. I've seen my methods work on more than one athlete. But if you have a style or method that works on the kids you train more power to you.

I back up your position on this... Long Distance, or speed... It's gotta be one or the other.

Long distance running is catabolic to muscles as well. If you are genetically gifted, it matters less I suppose, but it is still a factor

I back up your position on this... Long Distance, or speed... It's gotta be one or the other.

Long distance running is catabolic to muscles as well. If you are genetically gifted, it matters less I suppose, but it is still a factor

Believe me it's my job to get kids fast. I've studied this thing hard. I've set my program to train kids/athletes for timed speeds(40s and shuttles) as well as real football speed. Running 5 miles a day is for a fighter or more of a soccer player. Football players work off explosion. Longest football plays are most consistently on STs.

Anyone else a little disapointed in Green today at the army AA game? He looked a little overweight and slow to hit the gaps. I thought Henry looked better and I thought Kamara looked better than both of them in the under armor game. Maybe Its just me but he doesn't look like the #1 RB in the country.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone else a little disapointed in Green today at the army AA game? He looked a little overweight and slow to hit the gaps. I thought Henry looked better and I thought Kamara looked better than both of them in the under armor game. Maybe Its just me but he doesn't look like the #1 RB in the country.

:)

Not a surprise to me. I've liked Kamara most from the get go.

Believe me it's my job to get kids fast. I've studied this thing hard. I've set my program to train kids/athletes for timed speeds(40s and shuttles) as well as real football speed. Running 5 miles a day is for a fighter or more of a soccer player. Football players work off explosion. Longest football plays are most consistently on STs.

Absolutely. I would love to get into personal training for athletic performance. I've done quite a bit of study, applied stuff for myself, and some coaching, but I wish I could take it further. Not for me at the moment

Aerobic endurance has signifigance too. While I agree that anarobic endurance is more important in football, the teams that die in the 4th quarter are the teams that don't run.

Don't dog running:).

However, as a guy who has been grappling and fighting for over 15 years, sprints and burnout excercises will get you in shape for just about anything you have to do.

Aerobic endurance has signifigance too. While I agree that anarobic endurance is more important in football, the teams that die in the 4th quarter are the teams that don't run.

Don't dog running:).

However, as a guy who has been grappling and fighting for over 15 years, sprints and burnout excercises will get you in shape for just about anything you have to do.

Believe me I know about the MMA workouts. Fight prep really sucks running when you're cutting about 15-20lbs of weight then the other guy backs out. :) But back to Green though.

Believe me I know about the MMA workouts. Fight prep really sucks running when you're cutting about 15-20lbs of weight then the other guy backs out. :) But back to Green though.

Haven't fought professionally yet, but I know the feeling. I wrestled in high school. While the weight cut was only 15 pounds initially, it was constant for two months. When you have matches every week, you have to keep it off. Brutal. Some of my worst memories from high school came from the day before a match, lol.

U gotta have a ton of endurance to play a football game though.. If ur in the starting rotation at any position, u don't have a chance at the end of the game if u don't have that endurance.. U need it all as a football player.

Though it kinda reminds me of Henry who kept saying bama had a slight lead and that he knew where he was going ... So 2 and 2...

Last edited:

VN Store

Back