'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the picture of him standing next to hurd says it all. he makes hurd look tiny and hurd is a massive guy. plus he is fast and hits like a truck good pickup.... still sucks we lost to vandy but just got to keep going go voks

Reactions: 1 person
"Just the overall atmosphere. The team and the coaching staff is like a family atmosphere," Johnson said on what stood out about Tennessee. "The fan base is really amazing. The team has struggled all throughout the season and still you've got 97,000 people coming to their game, that's incredible."

"I really wasn't looking for the biggest stage, it was just the atmosphere with the coaches and (the atmosphere) in the locker room," Johnson explained. "If you watched the game there was never a point where the team was at each other's throat. When the defense was on the field the offense was on the sideline supporting the defense and the other way around. That was excited for me to see."

"It was coach Jones' vision and his vision for the program and what he wants to do with Tennessee," Johnson said. "We had a meeting at the beginning where he got up to speak and he told us his vision and ideas of what he wants to do with Tennessee and that really stuck out to me."

"Coach Thig is a great coach," Johnson said. "He told me what he's going to do with the players and I got a chance to talk to Curt (Maggitt) and A.J. (Johnson) and they told me he's a really good coach and when you go through his coaching you're going to be a great football player after that. He's going to teach you to play the game."

-VQ

Reactions: 7 people
Even though he has committed to Tennessee Johnson said he's going to take a visit to Central Florida next weekend and possibly others before heading back to Germany in mid-December but he admits there's little chance he finds what he's found at Tennessee in any other school.

"I'm going to take my other visits to check those schools out but Tennessee made a strong impression," Johnson said. "Just that feeling on campus, I don't think anything else could compare to that."

-VQ

Guess he didn't get the memo he's not allowed to take other visits, might as well remove him from the commitment list, his spot is up for grabs already.

Last edited:
On his conversation with his father:

"I was on the phone with my dad just a few hours ago and just talked it through with him and he said, 'Let's do this,'" Johnson said. "I'm excited. I'm going to send pictures to all of my friends to let them know where they're going to be.

"When I talked to my dad I explained to him the situation and explained to him where I'm coming from. It started with the atmosphere, then it went on with the academics, they have the majors I want to do and I explained all those things to my dad and he just said, 'It's your decision and if you feel like it's the right place go ahead and do it. Don't over think it just go ahead and do it."

On getting to hang out with Dillon Bates:

"I got a chance to talk to him and his family and his mother actually gave me some hand-warmers during the game that saved my life," Johnson said laughing. "It's cool to have someone else from Florida there and I'm excited and I think we're going to have a great time."

On other visits:

"I'm going to take my other visits to check those schools out but Tennessee made a strong impression," Johnson said. "Just that feeling on campus, I don't think anything else could compare to that."

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Butch said we were taking 30. We are at 33. Obviously noone took anyone's spot. :detective:

Maybe as long as there is a "3" in front of the final number, it counts as "taking 30".

1. We are at 32, Dews is reportedly GS.
2. Has there not been talk of Paulk being ok with GS?
3. Is it not possible someone flips?
4. VQ has been saying for the past month the staff is trying to find ways to take more than 30. Blue-shirting is what seems to have the most legs, and seems like a possibility for a couple of our commits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back