17 year old Singer canceled for saying “African American phrases” such as “Y’all”

Young'uns today are just looking for things to be offended by.
Yep. Them (and almost all lefties) have a extreme phobia about being on one side of history or the other as if they are going to ever be written about in a history book. Couple that with victimization fantasies and you have yourself a modern democrat.

As others have said, getting Twitter pushback for this isn’t the same as getting “canceled for saying y’all”

This is what I'm wondering? Did she lose a gig or something? Or are we talking about some negative feedback on twitter?
If she is an influencer, or into any number of online thotness, that negative twitter feedback may actually mean lost money.

Like the rest, not sure where the cancelation line is, but even some SM backlash cant be considered nothing for someone her age.

If she is an influencer, or into any number of online thotness, that negative twitter feedback may actually mean lost money.

Like the rest, not sure where the cancelation line is, but even some SM backlash cant be considered nothing for someone her age.
Maybe these "influencers" should start considering actually working for a living instead doing what I consider virtual panhandling (please subscribe. Please hit the like button. Please join my fanclub on Patreon).

Maybe these "influencers" should start considering actually working for a living instead doing what I consider virtual panhandling (please subscribe. Please hit the like button. Please join my fanclub on Patreon).

Creating online content is actual work, old people just don’t like it

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Agree. I have a friend who’s relatively successful on twitch and YouTube. I hardly see him anymore. People don’t get how long the editing, prep, writing, etc takes for YouTube videos that actually look presentable. Twitch is straightforward.. but you have to do it 6 hours a day or more to profit from it.

So all in all, he spends around 14 hours a day on either or twitch/YouTube just to make around $49,000 a year. (According to him, I don’t have his tax records lol)

And all that’s only if you somehow manage to garner a fan base. If you’re doing all of this work into a void of no one watching , you don’t make Jack **** for money. Getting the fans to come around takes months, sometimes years.. and fans eventually coming around is no guarantee.

There is a lot of crap content that doesn’t take much effort to create. The broadcast universe has been sliced up into tiny pieces. Even the big and medium players have had a huge drop in quality. Watch local network affiliate weekend news presentations and you’ll see how sloppy it has become. It’s not that the workers have become incompetent. It’s that the best and brightest aren’t seeking out their opportunities with the large established operators as much because it’s easier to be independent than ever before. Home studios don’t require huge investments. The line is also blurred between those creating as a hobby and those creating as a profession.

Agree. I have a friend who’s relatively successful on twitch and YouTube. I hardly see him anymore. People don’t get how long the editing, prep, writing, etc takes for YouTube videos that actually look presentable. Twitch is straightforward.. but you have to do it 6 hours a day or more to profit from it.

So all in all, he spends around 14 hours a day on either or twitch/YouTube just to make around $49,000 a year. (According to him, I don’t have his tax records lol)

And all that’s only if you somehow manage to garner a fan base. If you’re doing all of this work into a void of no one watching , you don’t make Jack **** for money. Getting the fans to come around takes months, sometimes years.. and fans eventually coming around is no guarantee.
He's making less than $14/hr. Doesn't seem really successful

He's making less than $14/hr. Doesn't seem really successful

Drop Patreon and "gaming" supplement sponsorships on top of that, and you've got a little more income to work with. But it's really, really fickle.

There are youtubers that have become millionaires in just a few years, some are making $100,000.00-$200,000.00 a month.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
There are youtubers that have become millionaires in just a few years, some are making $100,000.00-$200,000.00 a month.
That is stupid as hell. That’s dumber than e-sports and I’m an original gamer, have been since my teenage years.

VN Store

Back