2 Down....1 more to go!

Defense wins championsips. And they don't have one. So they won't win any until they get some better defensive players.

Hi, guys, chill out. Every school got some dumba$$, and we got some here from Notre Dame. For woodmaster, I want to say, Be mature, then come to other schools' board to post.

In all honesty, I though ND was gonna have a monster class. I though they would land Josh Oglesby, Marc Tyler, Arrelious Benn, Martez Wilson, Jimmy Clausen, and quite a few other studs. Their class is good, but nowhere near as solid as I thought.

what's up with all these domers that come in talking smack, then cut and running when facts start being bandied about in front of them. :blink:

Yeah, but, in all fairness, ND only has 16 commits while we have 23. They are only a couple hundred points behind us, but their board is starting to decrease in quality options so they will have to start taking more 3*s or take a small class.

I really don't understand why they are talking smack. Big whoopty, they landed some recruits. Come back in a couple years and talk smack if they turn out. Like I've said before, though, Donald would be a huge loss.

1st.........Golden Tate
2nd........Harrison Smith
Next.......Chris Donald!

I know what your gonna say....Golden & Harrison are over rated. They wouldn't help the Vols....maybe on special teams.

I hear everytime when the Irish pluck talented players from another state.

Maybe Phil can keep Chris Dnald in state...but don't count on it.

:post-4-1090547912:

Pure class!

First off, we didn't pursue Tate -- We didn't need him.

Smith would have been a nice addition, but it really didn't matter -- His dad basically made the decision for him and pushed him to go to ND. He was ND bound from the start.

Now Donald, you can gloat about landin' him. Otherwise, you just need to go back to your Domer dreamland and feed ol' porker s'more of the Cupcake teams y'all play each year. And don't even try to counter with one of the tougher teams y'all played this year -- Y'all shouldn't have even suited up.

I heard ND was going to schedule a few of the Louisianna directional schools to boost their strength of schedule next year.

I heard ND was going to schedule a few of the Louisianna directional schools to boost their strength of schedule next year.

Nah, too tough. Next year, along w/Army, Navy, and AFA, they are trying to schedule the Coast Guard and the National Guard Border Patrol to a game.

Nah, too tough. Next year, along w/Army, Navy, and AFA, they are trying to schedule the Coast Guard and the National Guard Border Patrol to a game.

Maybe we'll schedule Marshall and Memphis too and inherit an unearned sense of credibility...

Wow...2 teams compared to basically everyone on your schedule except for Michigan and USC...didn't both of those teams beat you?

Maybe we'll schedule Marshall and Memphis too and inherit an unearned sense of credibility...

No, our sense of credibility came from beating top level teams. Good luck in trying not to lose by 14 or more points to LSU.

Hey, maybe Jimmy Clausen can come in and save your team at halftime, I saw his limo headed that way already.

Wow...2 teams compared to basically everyone on your schedule except for Michigan and USC...didn't both of those teams beat you?

I would have thrown in Kentucky and Vandy too, but they're in your conference so there is nothing you can do about it - much like the fact that we've played Navy for 40+ years as it is a TRADITION. As for the rest of schedule - there is a nice mix. You can't honestly admit that you thought ARK was going to be that good this year? But I'm sure UT has never schedules any cupcakes - like Wyoming, Duke, USF, etc, etc....

No, our sense of credibility came from beating top level teams. Good luck in trying not to lose by 14 or more points to LSU.

Hey, maybe Jimmy Clausen can come in and save your team at halftime, I saw his limo headed that way already.

You only beat two ranked teams this year (Georgia and Ca - as did ND (Penn State and Georgia Tech). Nice drive by on Clausen - sour grapes?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that quite a few people thought Arky would be good. Kentucky is a bowl team, hows about UNC? Vandy was one win from being bowl eligible as well. We slaughtered Cal and UGA. You beat PSU handily and squeaked out a win against GT. Arky spanked us, but the other 2 were very close. How's about those losses to UM and USC? Both could have easily dropped 50 on yall's sorry asses. Not to mention you needed miracles to beat UCLA and MSU.

Every team has some sort of "cupcake" scheduled every year, this could go on all day. UT schedules less cupcakes than ND by far.

ND's combined opponent record 77-69
UT's combined opponent record 84-62

ND's Bowl eligible opponents - 7
UT's Bowl eligible opponents - 8

The teams we played that weren't ineligible were Air Force(both teams played), Memphis(instate), Marshall, and Vandy(1 game from bowl eligibility).

Since schedules are decided a few years in advance, I decided to check out our opponent's records a few years back compared to ND's. Our "cupcakes" that are OOC this year, had winning records in 2003. ND, well, not much to say, your cupcakes were cupcakes back then as well.

VN Store

Back