2011 U.S. Open (unofficial) Thread

Last edited:
I think like this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHCjwd3LiQ[/youtube]

NOTE: if you click on "reply" to my post you'll see how to do it. If I try to explain it will create a blank embedded video.

Gotcha. Thanks :hi: I was trying to use the embed code on the youtube page, but it's probably html instead of BB Code (If that's what vbulletin uses) I'm a former forum admin, but it was on a different program.

Caroline Wozniaki was never ugly, but when did she actually become quite attractive?

As for talent, she's extremely disciplined and smart, but due to her lack of aggressiveness and power she'll be lucky to win more than a couple of majors. Can't argue with her being #1 though. No one else plays more than three months consecutively.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Caroline Wozniaki was never ugly, but when did she actually become quite attractive?

As for talent, she's extremely disciplined and smart, but due to her lack of aggressiveness and power she'll be lucky to win more than a couple of majors. Can't argue with her being #1 though. No one else plays more than three months consecutively.

I've always thought she was cute. She has a crooked smile, which I dig.

Yeah, she really has no weapons. I hope she at least gets one to shut people up about her. I kinda feel bad. She didn't create the ranking system.

I've always thought she was cute. She has a crooked smile, which I dig.

Yeah, she really has no weapons. I hope she at least gets one to shut people up about her. I kinda feel bad. She didn't create the ranking system.

I honestly hadn't paid much attention to her in the looks department the past two years, but she's way cuter now than when she was an upstart. I think she's just filled out more and she now has some seriously nice legs. Sharapova, Jankovic and Serena would all beat her if they played against her here in NY though. They all have that killer instinct, especially Serena.

And it's a real shame about Venus. I really hope she can fight through this.

Oh, and Djoke is just sick nasty. He's dialed in like no one I've ever seen.

Oh... and one last thing. I'm still head over heels attracted to Ana Ivanovic. Man I wish she could get her game back together.

And yet another disappointing loss for Maria

Huge win for Donald Young. Biggest of his career.

Came here to post that. He was definitely overmatched and needs coaching as badly as anyone I've ever seen, but he got it done. Wawrinka has some serious gas off the ground.

Sock has the same problem I have... he's not flat enough with his baseline game. Fortunately for Sock he has about three times the power I do.

Sock has the same problem I have... he's not flat enough with his baseline game. Fortunately for Sock he has about three times the power I do.

Agreed, about the sock game. I'm sure yours is fine :) He apparently doesn't do too well w/ kick serves, either. One would think that a person of his size would do better w/ them.

Agreed, about the sock game. I'm sure yours is fine :) He apparently doesn't do too well w/ kick serves, either. One would think that a person of his size would do better w/ them.

Eh, he's prepped himself for Roddick's power serve. He has no idea what to do when that serve isn't barrelling in at 125+ MPH.

Kid has potential. Big, strong, fast, good hands at the net. Those qualities don't always go together.

Ivanovic has her hands full next round, Bill. That'll be a good one to watch. I like Stephens, but hopefully exerience wins over youth this time.

Federer survives big-hitter Cilic in slug-fest. As Cilic shows, it is not enough just to be a big-hitter and beat Federer. You have to go into "the zone" for large portions of the match. Cilic did not. His serve and his play on big points is still a work in progress.

I seriously thought Fed might be exiting today early in the 3rd, but that is when Cilic came back to earth and Fed's serve started finding the mark.

Survive and advance, but Tsonga looms in two more rounds (at least I think that's right).

Federer survives big-hitter Cilic in slug-fest. As Cilic shows, it is not enough just to be a big-hitter and beat Federer. You have to go into "the zone" for large portions of the match. Cilic did not. His serve and his play on big points is still a work in progress.

I seriously thought Fed might be exiting today early in the 3rd, but that is when Cilic came back to earth and Fed's serve started finding the mark.

Survive and advance, but Tsonga looms in two more rounds (at least I think that's right).

I don't believe Fed was feeling 100% yesterday. He's not a whiner so that's just a guess but he didn't look himself. You're right about Tsonga, if they both make it there. For Fed, it's Monaco, then possibly Tsonga. Tsonga has the task of beating Fish before moving onto a possible matchup w/ Fed. If Tsonga wins the next two matches, he'll have earned any props he gets.

Good job by Ana yesterday. It's easy to overlook up and comers, but Sloane Stephens is no joke. Well played, competitive second set. We'll see more of Stephens, for sure.

Most everything going 'as scheduled' today. No major surprises, although I doubt many people had Donald Young getting this far.

How does everyone see the Tsonga v. Fish matchup tomorrow?

I say Fish for two reasons. One: I think Tsonga is fighting some tennis elbow issues. In Montreal, after beating Federer, and then in Cincinnati, it appeared Tsonga was feeling the lethal pain in that portion of his forehand, forearm. When that pain hits, it is crippling. Maybe it isn't as bad as it seemed two weeks ago.

Second, although Tsonga is capable of hitting Fish off the court, I don't think he can get charged up enough versus Fish to get to that unstoppable level.

Fish also deserves a deep run at the Open.

That one should be a battle. You bring up a good point about Tsonga's health, because it could go the distance. I think it's pretty much a coin toss, but I have Tsonga winning. I could just as easily have picked Fish.

Glad I wasn't watching Nadal's press conference live. I would've thought for sure that he was dying when he went down on the floor. That was bizzare. Reported as just cramps, but that was really scary when it happened.

VN Store

Back