2011 U.S. Open (unofficial) Thread

I thought be was just messing with them for a bit. Second press conference, I thought he was trying to tell them "I'm bored. I'm sure you understand" when he leaned way back and acted like he was gonna take a nap. Didn't quite realize he was in pain. I was at work, though and could only catch a glimpse. I never saw him go down on the floor.

I felt really bad for DelPo today. He got cooked after a couple hours and still put up a brave fight. He's become one of my favorites on tour.

How does everyone see the Tsonga v. Fish matchup tomorrow?

I say Fish for two reasons. One: I think Tsonga is fighting some tennis elbow issues. In Montreal, after beating Federer, and then in Cincinnati, it appeared Tsonga was feeling the lethal pain in that portion of his forehand, forearm. When that pain hits, it is crippling. Maybe it isn't as bad as it seemed two
weeks ago.

Second, although Tsonga is capable of
hitting Fish off the court, I don't think he can
get charged up enough versus Fish to get
to that unstoppable level.

Fish also deserves a deep run at the Open.

I like that last part. Go Fish!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I felt really bad for DelPo today. He got cooked after a couple hours and still put up a brave fight. He's become one of my favorites on tour.

I'm a big fan of delpo myself. When healthy, he is tough to beat.

Also...Donald freaking Young. Keep battling, young man. Keep battling.

I think Sam Stosur just became my favorite player on the women's tour. She makes almost no noise when she hits the ball. This, in sharp contrast to Maria 'my feral shriek is bigger than yours' Kirilenko. I've come to really dislike the women that do that. That includes a huge percentage of women on tour.

Last edited:
Now, if my boy, Dolgopolov, can take care o' binness w/ Djoke...
Not really expecting much. He's a crafty little guy, but I don't really think he has much to upset Djoke.

Last edited:
Note to Dolgopolov: Next time you get 5 set points against Djokovich, make one of them count.

Note to Dolgopolov: Next time you get 5 set points against Djokovich, make one of them count.

You could literally see Djokovic's throat closing in on itself in that tie-breaker. Still don't think Doppleganger would've beaten Djoker had he taken that first set, but it would've made for some interesting sports television.

Now I'm just praying this girls match doesn't go three sets in prime time. Of course, being a girls match, it will. Then it'll rain.

Hannah Storm has as much business hosting a tennis tournament as Roseanne Barr hosting the Miss Universe pageant. She mispronounced Wimbledon. Then this little gem: "The wind has died down. It's just blustery now." [facepalm]

You could literally see Djokovic's throat closing in on itself in that tie-breaker. Still don't think Doppleganger would've beaten Djoker had he taken that first set, but it would've made for some interesting sports television.

Now I'm just praying this girls match doesn't go three sets in prime time. Of course, being a girls match, it will. Then it'll rain.

LOL. You know it will. I've almost written off seeing the Fed match already.

I sat through every painful minute of that women's match. The autographed tennis balls were probably the best shots Wozniaki hit all night. Bring on Fed.

I sat through every painful minute of that women's match. The autographed tennis balls were probably the best shots Wozniaki hit all night. Bring on Fed.

Federer is delivering an unmerciful beatdown on Monaco. First set lasted 18 minutes. Would've already been stopped if it was a boxing match.

This almost makes up for that travesty of a women's match that wasted precious hours of my life tonight.

If Federer can stay that dialed in, Tsonga doesn't have a prayer. He might win a few more games, but Tsonga will lose in straight sets.

If Federer can stay that dialed in, Tsonga doesn't have a prayer. He might win a few more games, but Tsonga will lose in straight sets.

And the bad news for Djokovich is if Fed gets through the Tsonga match and truly believes he can beat Djoke, he can beat Djoke. No question in my mind, hopefully Fed goes in confident. I guess he'd better get past Jo Willie first, though.

And the bad news for Djokovich is if Fed gets through the Tsonga match and truly believes he can beat Djoke, he can beat Djoke. No question in my mind, hopefully Fed goes in confident. I guess he'd better get past Jo Willie first, though.

If Fed is that dialed in against Djoke, it will be an epic match. I'm afraid to pick a winner in that one just yet.

If Federer is that dialed in from here on out, he will win the tournament. He should've beaten Monaco 0, 0, and 0.

I believe that Federer has played a really high level of tennis for a match or two at the Open the past couple of years, but then can't hold that level throughout. Really, who could? We will see.

I don't see him losing three times in a row -- two at slams -- to Tsonga.

Hannah Storm has as much business hosting a tennis tournament as Roseanne Barr hosting the Miss Universe pageant. She mispronounced Wimbledon. Then this little gem: "The wind has died down. It's just blustery now." [facepalm]

But I like Hannah Storm

Fed isn't beating djoke. I'll bet on that with anybody.

Well let me help ya out then. Djoker.

If Fed can start out strong, we'll get to see if Djoke has any lingering mental demons. I'm convinced they're still in there. If anyone can make them resurface, it's Fed.

If Fed can start out strong, we'll get to see if Djoke has any lingering mental demons. I'm convinced they're still in there. If anyone can make them resurface, it's Fed.

I saw Fed/Monaco in the gym earlier. Fed does look like he is moving well. Which is key.

I can tell we'll be talking more about that matchup if it comes to be. I'm finally off after working 48 hours in 4 days and the whole day gets suspended. my luck.. Looks like some good matchups tomorrow. Young vs. Murray (nice run, Donald) Nadal vs. Muller, Ferrer vs. Roddick (nice run, andy) Isner vs. Simon. I'll take Murray, Nadal, Ferrer and Simon in those.

Roddick has been playing well, but I can't help but notice a cocky swagger he has about him this tournament that I haven't seen in years. I've been counting him put for years. I'm not ready to do it against Ferrer. We'll see I guess.

VN Store

Back