2014 MLB Predictions

Harper went pretty HAM last year on a knee that required surgery

Bryce may not be top 3 in all baseball this season but him reeling off 40 dingers and winning NL MVP wouldn't be at all surprising

I can see 30+ but I don't see him having the BA to be NL MVP. I think he hits in the .275-90 range. He will have a 40+ doubles though.

Joey Votto is your NL MVP.

He could pretty easily fluke into a .320 average, let alone .290... true that it may not be this year, though.

He could pretty easily fluke into a .320 average, let alone .290... true that it may not be this year, though.

He woud fluke into .320 much easier if he cuts down on his swing. He is a 1000 ABs in and he is low .270s. Which isn't completely telling due to numerous variables, but I don't think he is NL MVP material at this time. In the future? Oh hell yeah. Anything is possible, but for the record I would be very surprised if he is NL MVP in 2014.

He woud fluke into .320 much easier if he cuts down on his swing.

10635787-large.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

FTR, I love his swing. Unbelievable bat speed, attacks pitches, and the ball explodes. But he doesn't always have to swing to knock the ball through the wall. Just like he has to learn to not run face first into walls. He'll learn. He is just a kid.

Reactions: 1 person
Brandon Phillips is the true Reds MVP you guys.

Only division I care about: AL Central
1. Tigers
2. Royals
3. Indians
4. Twins
5. White Sox

Yordano Ventura takes the fifth spot in the rotation. Duffy enters the rotation in July. Zimmer takes over as the set up man in July (since Hoch is out for the season and Kelvin Herrera is awful).

If those three live up to their potential (big if), the Royals make a run and maybe steal the division from the Tigers. If they merely don't suck, the Royals sneak into the playoffs with a Wild Card.

AL

East: Rays
Central: Tigers
West: A's (the Homer pick)

Wild Card: Angels and Orioles

NL

East: Braves
Central: Cardinals
West: Dodgers

Wild Card: Nats and Dbacks

Divisional Series

A's over Tigers
Rays over Angels

Braves over Dodgers
Nats over Cardinals

LCS

A's over Rays
Nats over Braves

WS
Nats over A's :( :( :( :( :(

oh Jarrod Parker wins AL Cy Young. None of the other individual awards matter. Also, don't call this a homer pick. Call it reality.

Only division I care about: AL Central
1. Tigers
2. Royals
3. Indians
4. Twins
5. White Sox

Yordano Ventura takes the fifth spot in the rotation. Duffy enters the rotation in July. Zimmer takes over as the set up man in July (since Hoch is out for the season and Kelvin Herrera is awful).

If those three live up to their potential (big if), the Royals make a run and maybe steal the division from the Tigers. If they merely don't suck, the Royals sneak into the playoffs with a Wild Card.

I think the pen will be good and I don't think there's a need to have the pen in mind for Zimmer.

VN Store

Back