2016 MLB Playoff Thread

Remember Cub fans ---- ( Im pulling for ya) but ...
150923083509-05-berra-quote-super-169.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
This is a great week for sports. All 4 major sports are active and so is college football. I'm a happy man.

There's still hope, @Cubs fans.

The last time two @NFL games ended in a tie (1997) - The Indians lost the #WorldSeries* in 7 games.

Baseball was my favorite sport until Roger Maris got an *asterisk*. I was only 11 years old then and I still hate it now. Ruined MLB for me. And then you got guys smacking the ball over who were taking steroids.

Roger Maris, Mark McGwire and the irony of the asterisk | masslive.com

We lived near Pittsburg then. So the Pirates who won the World Series to be World Champions the year before have always been my team, since I was 9. The next year, my brother would come home from Little League, our neighbor would come home from work, & us neighbor kids would already have his late edition afternoon sports page spread out and he taught us how to read box scores, and what they meant. The hated Yankees had two boys in a race for home run king. My older brother picked Mickey, I picked Roger who hit "61 IN '61". Yea!!! .Then Frick the Prick added that damned asterisk. At 11 I just hated that.

So now it's 2016, 55 years after the crime. I don't have a dog in this fight. But this year is a little different.

I will truly be happy for the denizens of Chicago OR Cleveland, whichever team is "World Champions" this year.
Baseball, ya gotta love it.
It's Cerebral!

Reactions: 1 person
Heyward strikes out swinging at 2 balls that bounced before they got to the plate, when bases were loaded.

Last edited:
Heyward is a clown. One of those swings looked as bad as some of our field goal attempts

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

How come?

The fact that they let Chicago come back from 3-1 down is enough reason. I'm no baseball expert by any means, but intentionally loading the bases in extra innings when you're already down doesn't seem like a very good idea either. Just my opinion. I do hope Cleveland wins though.

VN Store

Back