2020 Senate Races

Tennessee Senate Candidate Resigns from Board of Agriculture Firm Promoting BLM Radicalism

Bill Hagerty, a GOP candidate for U.S. Senate in Tennessee and President Donald Trump’s former U.S. ambassador to Japan, resigned on Saturday from an agriculture firm that he discovered was promoting Black Lives Matter (BLM) extremism.

Hagerty, who is endorsed and supported by President Trump, made the decision to resign from the board of R.J. O’Brien when he found out the firm was actively promoting the Marxist BLM movement.

Hagerty wrote in his resignation letter to R.J. O’Brien’s CEO Gerald Corcoran, which was obtained by Breitbart News:
He will be our next Senator

I do not believe that you have watched the full 1 minute and 22 second video of Lindsey Graham looking like a fool. No, I've never seen any campaign ad so thoroughly impugn a politician's integrity and principles as that one does to Graham. Above anything else, he looks pitifully weak. I love how it ends with his new hero saying this:

"This guy Lindsey Graham, he's one of the dumbest human beings I've ever seen." - Donald Trump

... after Lindsey has degraded himself with such lavish and over-the-top praise for Trump. Graham has no spine and looks like a coward. Lindsey Graham is like the bullied victim in school that nobody feels sorry for. When he whines to the teachers, they beat him up too.
Lindsey Graham is pure scum.

I’ve become a big fan in recent weeks. Feel like he understands the needs of Tennesseans, particularly those in rural areas (which is the majority of TN). I have nothing against Haggerty per se, but feel like he is just playing the Trump endorsement card to an extent.
The majority of the voting populace is not rural

You can tell it's an election year. Republicans are acting like they care about government spending.

Imagine that after the mess that was the runoff

200.gif

Imagine that after the mess that was the runoff

What made the runoff elections a "mess"? Aside from the fact that two candidates from your party of preference lost? Maybe Republicans should run better candidates? Both Loeffler and Perdue ran way too far to the right in a state that is trending blue, now that its African American population is starting to participate in their statewide elections.

What made the runoff elections a "mess"? Aside from the fact that two candidates from your party of preference lost? Maybe Republicans should run better candidates? Both Loeffler and Perdue ran way too far to the right in a state that is trending blue, now that its African American population is starting to participate in their statewide elections.
It was probably more attributable to white people in the Atlanta suburbs.

The state has been inching to the left for the past several years in statewide elections and the mass mail in balloting and Donald Trump really pumped turnout all the way around. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2022 with a more "normal" election cycle without mail in balloting now that David Perdue has announced for the Senate against Raphael Warnock.

It was actually white people in the Atlanta suburbs.
Whoever is responsible, the state is trending blue. Candidates who run to the extreme right are going to have a hard time winning statewide elections in Georgia. Perdue and Loeffler are both indicating that they will run again against Warnock in 2022... they will lose again if they still closely align themselves with Trump.

Whoever is responsible, the state is trending blue. Candidates who run to the extreme right are going to have a hard time winning statewide elections in Georgia. Perdue and Loeffler are both indicating that they will run again against Warnock in 2022... they will lose again if they still closely align themselves with Trump.
Can't imagine that anybody will be invoking Donald Trump in 2 years in a purple state. Like I just said in my edit above, it's going to be interesting to see what things look like in a more normal election cycle without a Presidential election at the top of the ballot. Georgia will also have a Governor's and SOS race.

Can't imagine that anybody will be invoking Donald Trump in 2 years in a purple state. Like I just said in my edit above, it's going to be interesting to see what things look like in a more normal election cycle without a Presidential election at the top of the ballot. Georgia will also have a Governor's and SOS race.
I think Warnock still wins over Perdue or Loeffler... and would beat Doug Collins even worse. The Republican Party hasn't adapted to the changing political landscape in that state. They don't seem to have any moderate candidates.

I think Warnock still wins over Perdue or Loeffler... and would beat Doug Collins even worse. The Republican Party hasn't adapted to the changing political landscape in that state. They don't seem to have any moderate candidates.
Neither do the dems. Never thought I would see radical left wing wackos win in GA. I guess some of it was mass *mail in voting and promising the base $2000 checks

The state legislature results and every other statewide election result in 2020 say otherwise. You're not wrong in saying that the state has moved left with the ATL suburbs trending Democrat, but there are plenty of Republicans still winning here. 2022 is where we'll really see how blue GA is.

VN Store

Back