2021 NBA Season Thread aka The James “Corona Club” Harden Victory Tour

What about them? Jerry is the SGA guy. Embiid is awesome. I doubted he would ever get in shape, and he's in shape. I wasn't wrong about his talent or potential. I'll take that L.

Me thinking Vonleh would be really good>>>>>me thinking SGA can't be a 1 or 2 on a contender. He had about 5 seconds where he wasn't trash.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Me thinking Vonleh would be really good>>>>>me thinking SGA can't be a 1 or 2 on a contender. He had about 5 seconds where he wasn't trash.

I don't hold that one against you because we weren't actually seeing him play all that much (at least I wasn't). Young guys are hard to judge, too. And you are right about SGA's D, which I think will improve.

Reactions: BadJerry20
I don't hold that one against you because we weren't actually seeing him play all that much (at least I wasn't). Young guys are hard to judge, too. And you are right about SGA's D, which I think will improve.

Idk what I even saw in Vonleh now TBH. I think that's my hangup with SGA, his D was kind of hyped up and he was our 5th best guard defender last year, and Houston just took turns abusing him in the playoffs. He is really really good though, and better in other aspects than I thought he would be.

Also Dejounte for MVP

I saw a stat the other day that the Spurs had three #29 picks combine for 69 points. White and Johnson are the other 2. They also drafted Cory Joseph with the #29 pick. That's 4 competent players in a decade drafted at 29. Fkn insane.

He’s definitely never going to be a #1 on a contender but where you went awry was scoffing at him ever being better than Kyle Lowry

Reactions: BadJerry20
I saw a stat the other day that the Spurs had three #29 picks combine for 69 points. White and Johnson are the other 2. They also drafted Cory Joseph with the #29 pick. That's 4 competent players in a decade drafted at 29. Fkn insane.

I really like Keldon too, I thought he was just a shooter, but he really physical and aggressive. White and Dejounte have potential to be a really really good backcourt. They are better without LMA, he's so out of place with how everyone else plays.

The end of this Richard Jefferson/Russillo interview is so nerdy and awesome. RR asked him about how the Cavs were getting the '16 Warriors into an early switch at the top of the key and RJ just went off explaining the triple switch and how GSW was so great at that, so they used guards/wings as the screener to get Steph on Kyrie. It's commonplace now, but it used to be the only way to run a ball screen was with a big.

VN Store

Back