2023 Endzone's Best Ball Challenge - the Memorial Tournament

I finished -39. Anyone got that beat ??
Also, a shout out to David Lipsky. Nothing spells CHOKE like starting R4 1 stroke behind the score that eventually won, and ending at -1.

I finished -39. Anyone got that beat ??
Also, a shout out to David Lipsky. Nothing spells CHOKE like starting R4 1 stroke behind the score that eventually won, and ending at -1.
Did anyone else keep up with their score?

OK, how do you keep up?
Is it best score of foursome on each hole Thursday and Friday? Then best score on each hole of a twosome on Saturday and Sunday?
Is there a website that provides scores of each player by hole?
I like to torture myself.

Last edited:
OK, how do you keep up?
Is it best score of foursome on each hole Thursday and Friday? Then best score on each hole of a twosome on Saturday and Sunday?
You play without knowing all this?👀👀🤣. I kid, I don't even know who these people are, I'll pick the same ones a lot just because I know the name from picking so much 👀

OK, how do you keep up?

Yes. It’s best ball. You start with four picks. Each hole you have 4 chances for a good score. You get the lowest score of all four on each hole. If all four birdie the lowest score is birdie and you get one. If some eagles you get two. If no one birdies you get zero. If any miss the cut, you go to the final two rounds with what you got and you just have less players providing your chances at birdies. Participant with most strokes under par after Sunday wins and gets called a cheater.

I use pgatour.com to keep up with my scores and I put each of my players into a spread sheet I made along with the course pars and it tabulate everything for me by day and total. I normally only enter my Thursday and Friday scores up until close of business on Friday and don’t really keep up with it over the weekend except for checking thread updates.

If you are really serious, you can view player profiles for the tournament on the PGA website and see what their performance is for hte season by tourney, how many times they've missed a cut, etc. I used to do that a good bit. Not so much now unless I'm branching out to try someone different. I have a couple favs I gravitate towards cause they don't hurt me too often and most of the time of late they give me a decent result. Rahm has hurt me the last couple times I picked him. And then you have certain players whose game favors certain courses. You wouldn't necessarily pick Rory on a tight heavily tree lined course. He's a Links player by default. And he just seems a little off this year. Just some different ideas how to go about it based on the fun/competitive balance you are participating with.

As far as how 95 keeps up, not sure. I could expand my spread sheet and do it with how I set it up, but I would have alot of repetitive score entries. If I were doing what he does, and if there's a site I could dump the field into an Excel table each day, I'd set up all the participants picks, export the scores, and let a lookup table sort everything out in mere miliseconds. Props to him for doing this for us. I took care of the Canadian Open field selections for him while he's on Vacay and it does take a little time doing it the way I did. Could be a quicker way, and definitely is a much longer way. 95 definitely invests some personal time in our entertainment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Go aeiou
OK, how do you keep up?

Hopefully @95 Vol Alum is slick enough to have data import tables set up to automatically update live scoring by round into excel. I know the concept and even though i'm pretty good at excel, I do not know how to do this. I've tried. Just can't get the import from web set up right. I'm good with setting up the rest if I could get the import conquered.

Yes. It’s best ball. You start with four picks. Each hole you have 4 chances for a good score. You get the lowest score of all four on each hole. If all four birdie the lowest score is birdie and you get one. If some eagles you get two. If no one birdies you get zero. If any miss the cut, you go to the final two rounds with what you got and you just have less players providing your chances at birdies. Participant with most strokes under par after Sunday wins and gets called a cheater.

I use pgatour.com to keep up with my scores and I put each of my players into a spread sheet I made along with the course pars and it tabulate everything for me by day and total. I normally only enter my Thursday and Friday scores up until close of business on Friday and don’t really keep up with it over the weekend except for checking thread updates.

If you are really serious, you can view player profiles for the tournament on the PGA website and see what their performance is for hte season by tourney, how many times they've missed a cut, etc. I used to do that a good bit. Not so much now unless I'm branching out to try someone different. I have a couple favs I gravitate towards cause they don't hurt me too often and most of the time of late they give me a decent result. Rahm has hurt me the last couple times I picked him. And then you have certain players whose game favors certain courses. You wouldn't necessarily pick Rory on a tight heavily tree lined course. He's a Links player by default. And he just seems a little off this year. Just some different ideas how to go about it based on the fun/competitive balance you are participating with.

As far as how 95 keeps up, not sure. I could expand my spread sheet and do it with how I set it up, but I would have alot of repetitive score entries. If I were doing what he does, and if there's a site I could dump the field into an Excel table each day, I'd set up all the participants picks, export the scores, and let a lookup table sort everything out in mere miliseconds. Props to him for doing this for us. I took care of the Canadian Open field selections for him while he's on Vacay and it does take a little time doing it the way I did. Could be a quicker way, and definitely is a much longer way. 95 definitely invests some personal time in our entertainment.
You coulda built the spreadsheet in the time it took you to write that.

Reactions: GordonC
I manually enter the by hole scoring. Copy and paste duplicate selections of course.

Ouch. You definitely put time in this for Joe's benefit. I found a function in Excel that would pull the leaderboard in off CBSSports.com in live update format. But, I haven't figured out how to pull in each round by hole on live updates but it can be done. If you conquer that, and spend a couple hours stting up some sort and lookup tables, you're only prep each week is to set up everyone's picks and let er rip. But all that is still beyond me at this point.

You coulda built the spreadsheet in the time it took you to write that.

lol. Maybe. But some particulars I'd want to program in are still outta my reach. I'm really good at programming Excel within Excel. But pulling data in from web sources and writing functions in VB is not my thing. I may not set one up on your next vacay. I just thought it'd be interesting to do it once. Found out what you go through to please Behr.

Besides, I still don't get the tie breaker stuff we include in our picks. I just look at the post above mine and go up one number and then down one number.

lol. Maybe. But some particulars I'd want to program in are still outta my reach. I'm really good at programming Excel within Excel. But pulling data in from web sources and writing functions in VB is not my thing. I may not set one up on your next vacay. I just thought it'd be interesting to do it once. Found out what you go through to please Behr.

Besides, I still don't get the tie breaker stuff we include in our picks. I just look at the post above mine and go up one number and then down one number.

When I retired I said I'd never use excel again. Hate is not a strong enough word.

VN Store

Back