2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Vote YES OR NO

You can vote up until next weekends game against Vanderbilt however comments are welcomed for the remainder of the year……Undisclosed Pick’em Points at stake.

This is the one and only thread you can bash away at the teams performance, be prepared for snappy comments back, keep it somewhat civil and this thread will be loosely moderated. Fire away……..

Tony V today:

“This league will chew you up and spit you out if you’re not tough, but also the game of baseball will do the same thing too,” Vitello said. “At the end of the day you want to be able to hang your hat on something but there’s only going to be one team that wins the last game of the year this year. If it’s hanging your hat on wins and losses only you’re chasing a ghost.”

Now thats a bit optimistic even for me, however I’d pay big bucks to make it happen.
It’s really not as crazy as it sounds. Clean up the defense and get the bats going over the next 5 weeks. We have the pitching depth to make a deep run. We’d only face an ace once or twice. The talent is there.

It’s really not as crazy as it sounds. Clean up the defense and get the bats going over the next 5 weeks. We have the pitching depth to make a deep run. We’d only face an ace once or twice. The talent is there.
Oh, I agree….if we can get it figured out we will be a contender with our deep staff.

I believe they will come together the last five weeks and play well enough to make NCAA. Do I believe they will host a regional No do I believe they can win a Regional Yes. But realistically a Regional is This Teams ceiling next year will be when you see the talent rise remember these guys are mostly Freshmen Sophomores with a few JR. And SR. Mixed in.Next year is when Tennessee will reap the benefits of this team.I voted YES

Not at this rate. I mean who feels confident about winning any of the vandy, South Carolina, Kentucky series of games ? Not me. We can hope. Our defense has to improve. Leaving base runners on has to stop. Who will step up ?

Reactions: GOBO-Baseball02
Tony V today:

“This league will chew you up and spit you out if you’re not tough, but also the game of baseball will do the same thing too,” Vitello said. “At the end of the day you want to be able to hang your hat on something but there’s only going to be one team that wins the last game of the year this year. If it’s hanging your hat on wins and losses only you’re chasing a ghost.”
He is rite I blame this meltdown on the preseason rankings when they were revealed #2 was by Tennessee most of fan base got jacked up we're winning a Natty and then TV stated we are OVERRATED but did most listen NO they seen that #2 ranking

One of the reasons I give Tony all the credit in the world is I honestly am not sure there is a more competitive situation in all of sports than SEC Baseball and Softball. So to do what he is done at Tennessee is amazing because like half the league is sitting in the top 10. (Wait until Texas and Oklahoma join the league).

There is a reason why Tennessee has a losing conference record and is ranked in the top 20. Or why Ole Miss was below .500 in the league and won a national title.

Tennessee also got the short end of the stick in 2023 with regard to schedule.

Hope now is to make SEC tourney and get hot at the right time just like OM and MSU the last two years.

Has Tennessee played the hardest SEC schedule?
We might have the hardest schedule of all-time and that’s not hyperbole. Currently, we have played #1, #3, #5, #16, #21, #22, and #25. These are all rankings at the time we played against them. Still have #4, #6 (possibly top 5 whenever we play them), and #12 (possibly top 10 whenever we play them) left to play. That’s crazy to even think about. Half of our SEC series will have been against top 5 teams. 6 out of the 10 SEC series will be against top 10 teams. 8 out of the 10 series will have been against ranked opponents. Unreal.

I voted yes because I think we take advantage of the Mississippi State and Georgia series. If we come out of those games like I suspect we will then all we have to do is find 3 or 4 wins between Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and South Carolina. Win a couple games in the SECT and mess around to get to the semifinals. I have a sneaky suspension that Campbell will be hosting a regional. We all know what that means…

Voted yes

I am hanging my hat on the pitching staff. The aces and some other arms are struggling but they did not forget how to pitch or lose it all together. And Coach Frank Anderson did not all the sudden lose the ability to manage a staff and all that comes with his job. It will come together on the weekends to give them a chance in most/all games down the stretch.

Obviously there are issues and if things do not improve this will be a No, but I think they figure it out and you know NOBODY will want to see this team in a regional. Think about the team hosting a regional with the Vols as a 3 seed.

We might have the hardest schedule of all-time and that’s not hyperbole. Currently, we have played #1, #3, #5, #16, #21, #22, and #25. These are all rankings at the time we played against them. Still have #4, #6 (possibly top 5 whenever we play them), and #12 (possibly top 10 whenever we play them) left to play. That’s crazy to even think about. Half of our SEC series will have been against top 5 teams. 6 out of the 10 SEC series will be against top 10 teams. 8 out of the 10 series will have been against ranked opponents. Unreal.
Shhhh.

You're just supposed to comment about how we suck because of our record. You're not very good at being a nega.

He is rite I blame this meltdown on the preseason rankings when they were revealed #2 was by Tennessee most of fan base got jacked up we're winning a Natty and then TV stated we are OVERRATED but did most listen NO they seen that #2 ranking
I’m giving you a like, but mofo, some punctuation would be nice.

VN Store

Back