2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some that are being asked or needed to lead will not because it is not their personality, they are not respected in locker room, aren’t leaders on the field, or don’t give full effort.
I will never forget the greatest definition of a leader I’ve ever heard. If you consider yourself a leader, turn around and look behind you. If there is no one behind you, you are just on a hike

Some that are being asked or needed to lead will not because it is not their personality, they are not respected in locker room, aren’t leaders on the field, or don’t give full effort.
I will never forget the greatest definition of a leader I’ve ever heard. If you consider yourself a leader, turn around and look behind you. If there is no one behind you, you are just on a hike
so true, good leaders aren't anointed and its not easy being the guy or guys, easier said than done

The goal from here on out should be to win 2 out of 3 games in the SEC weekend series and win the rest of the non conference games plus have a strong showing in Hoover to contend for an NCAA Tournament berth.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Campbell Camels #11 in a poll does anyone else have a feeling we most likely will end up in their regional just a thought.

Reactions: VolPack22
I voted yes because I think we take advantage of the Mississippi State and Georgia series. If we come out of those games like I suspect we will then all we have to do is find 3 or 4 wins between Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and South Carolina. Win a couple games in the SECT and mess around to get to the semifinals. I have a sneaky suspension that Campbell will be hosting a regional. We all know what that means…
Campbell Camels #11 in a poll does anyone else have a feeling we most likely will end up in their regional just a thought.
Had that same thought. We already know they are going to do.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I think ultimately, yes, this team makes the tournament and I’m not at all that concerned about it. For me, the concern comes for making it past regionals. This team has struggled mightily on the road and we are almost certainly not hosting unless we go on one hell of a run to end the season and sweep a bunch of series.

For whatever reason, this team is not a good road team, and you’ll have to beat some really good teams on the road to make it out of a regional.

More so than that the defense for me is a major red flag. I don’t think it’s so simple to clean up extremely bad defense in just a few short weeks. We’ve been struggling to make routine plays all season in the field, and it’s led to a ton of momentum killing, game-changing moments. I hope I’m wrong, I just haven’t seen anything to this point to suggest that the defense is magically going to figure things out. And, that is the major reason I think this team will be an early exit in June.

I don’t think our tournament berth is in question though. The NCAA likes big brands in tournament play to sell tickets and grab coverage and headlines, and putting the de facto villain in the post-season feels likely even if we finish 13-17 in conference play.

Reactions: spyfish007
I may have to steal that one!

We were so bad during the Raleigh years I expected nothing but losses. Then we moved on to the disappointing Serrano years where I had hope but it was regularly crushed. It's been nothing but full speed ahead since Vitello got here so this is a shock to the system. While it's been shocking, it's still a bump in the road long term. I cannot be convinced otherwise. We will be back on top again soon.

VN Store

Back