2024-2025 Tennessee Basketball Team Discussion

Taking this with a massive grain of salt because, ya know, pre-season practice reports. But if JM can be a threat from 3, it definitely changes the ceiling for the offense.

If Jamai can just be a goodish 3 point shooter it changes everything. he has attempted a little less than one 3 a game for his career thus far and shot 33% which is not bad at all. If he can change that to like 3-4 attempts a game at like 35% that's an extra 3+ points a game and even more importantly, spacing. He actually shot 36% last year btw.

Dang...I had JP pegged as one of the surprises this season and felt he would surprise on offense but missing this much time likely puts a damper on that outlook (at least to start the season). Glad to hear Chaz is almost over his injury (was starting to wonder about the design of our workouts with simultaneous foot injuries. I remember JJJ and Santi going to CRB Cade's FR season and making the case not to redshirt him because they felt he could help us - love his energy and style of play so look forward to seeing how he has added to his game this season since he sounds like he will def get an oppy early in the year.
I'm always surprised when a predicted surprise doesn't pan out. And the weird thing is...
you almost never see it coming.

Reactions: VolVandelay
As for the current team they’ll have a closed door scrimmage with Davidson on Saturday and then fans can get a live look at them next Sunday October 27 in a scrimmage against Indiana.

Tennessee was picked third in the SEC preseason media poll behind Auburn and Alabama and that feels about right. This feels like a team that’s deep enough, talented enough and maybe most importantly, experienced enough, to compete for another conference title.

My biggest takeaway from the preseason has been the depth. It’s going to be interesting to see how the rotation ends up shaking out and who gets how many minutes.

With 11 scholarship guys on the roster there are going to be some quality basketball players who have to really fight for playing time.

We wouldn’t look for anyone to have a Dalton Knecht-type season, but this team as a whole may end up having more collective offensive firepower than last year’s Elite Eight squad.

The Vols should be able to space the floor with shooters and with the addition of bigs Felix Okpara and Igor Milicic, who can play together, the Vols can space the floor without sacrificing any size in the paint.

Barnes is going to have a lot of line-up flexibility for a lot of reasons, but Milicic’s skill-set is one of them.
-VQ

Absolutely love that we play real legit teams now in the "preseason"... Love the yearly Davidson scrimmage and then these charity games with Big Ten teams. Does way more for our team than playing DII teams.

VN Store

Back