2024 Presidential Race

From the article in Time :

"As for the U.S., it is chugging along as the world's fastest-growing and most dynamic economy. Inflation is down while jobs, real wages, and productivity are going up."

^^^^ REALITY ^^^^

Because of the toxic level of political tribalism in this country, it is pathetic that so many Republicans/ Conservatives/ Trump supporters don't want to face the truth - the U.S. economy is performing quite well. It's only because a Democrat is currently the President of the United States, that Republicans/ Conservatives/ Trump supporters would argue otherwise. These people want the economy to tank and they were encouraged (even overjoyed) at the prospects of a recession. Sorry to disappoint you .... but it's not happening.

I am not in favor of new forms of, or increased rates of taxation. A consumption tax to pay down debt would never Sunset even if by some miracle we paid debt to zero.
If we could change our tax policy via constitutional amendment, I'd favor a simple head tax. Amount determined by national referendum every 2 or 4 years. in Nov when electing a new president and/or midterms.
National Consumption Tax, by constitutional amendment.

-By law, can only be used to service the debt.
-By law, automatically suspends when Debt/GDP drops below ‘X’
-By law, automatically resumes when Debt/GDP rises back above ‘X+’

Nobody would want to be the Pol that triggered the resumption of the National Debt Tax.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

From the article in Time :

"As for the U.S., it is chugging along as the world's fastest-growing and most dynamic economy. Inflation is down while jobs, real wages, and productivity are going up."

^^^^ REALITY ^^^^

Because of the toxic level of political tribalism in this country, it is pathetic that so many Republicans/ Conservatives/ Trump supporters don't want to face the truth - the U.S. economy is performing quite well. It's only because a Democrat is currently the President of the United States, that Republicans/ Conservatives/ Trump supporters would argue otherwise. These people want the economy to tank and they were encouraged (even overjoyed) at the prospects of a recession. Sorry to disappoint you .... but it's not happening.
Tell the 67% of Americans that disapprove of Biden’s economy that they’re stupid.

You guys love telling people they’re stupid. This is right in your wheelhouse.

Tell the 67% of Americans that disapprove of Biden’s economy that they’re stupid.

LOL. You guys are leaning awfully hard on polls right now .... I don't expect it to remain that way, as we get closer to the election.

I lean on actual data and economic indices.

Which swing states do you expect Economic Indices to carry?
Trump's lead in the polls is shrinking to the point where it is now a virtual tie. I posted the Real Clear Polling numbers yesterday. I expect the electoral college map to look the same in 2024, as it did in 2020 with the one exception of Georgia. Will Trump claim that he was cheated again? Of course, he will and so will his cult.

Trump's lead in the polls is shrinking to the point where it is now a virtual tie. I posted the Real Clear Polling numbers yesterday. I expect the electoral college map to look the same in 2024, as it did in 2020 with the one exception of Georgia. Will Trump claim that he was cheated again? Of course, he will and so will his cult.
Arizona, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Virginia? You got your boy carrying them all huh?

Which swing states do you expect Economic Indices to carry?

Since you guys have come around to the belief that polls are meaningful now ....

Of the last 11 polls posted on Real Clear Polling :

Trump leads in 6.
Biden leads in 4.
One of the polls has a tie.

Trump's Real Clear Polling Average lead over Biden is now just 1%. It's 46.5% to 45.5%. The polls, just like the economic data, are trending favorably in Biden's direction.

National Consumption Tax, by constitutional amendment.

-By law, can only be used to service the debt.
-By law, automatically suspends when Debt/GDP drops below ‘X’
-By law, automatically resumes when Debt/GDP rises back above ‘X+’

Nobody would want to be the Pol that triggered the resumption of the National Debt Tax.
Still don't trust em. Income tax was originally on top 1%. We're still paying the taxes originated to pay the Civil War.

All fantasy anyway. No way DC gives up the manipulative power that comes with taxes by agreeing to an amendment.

Even more puzzling is the guy got the hook from his job after "all these years" during the Biden economy and was upset about it "initially".

Still don't trust em. Income tax was originally on top 1%. We're still paying the taxes originated to pay the Civil War.

All fantasy anyway. No way DC gives up the manipulative power that comes with taxes by agreeing to an amendment.
Agreed.

Only via amendment. And that ain’t happening.

Reactions: McDad
I think they’re crazy thinking they’ll take Wisconsin & Michigan.

“Absolutely” to Arizona & Pennsylvania? Not so sure about that. Definitely not “absolutely”
That is ridiculous. Biden won Michigan in 2020 by over 140,000 votes. Trump is not popular at all in Wisconsin. Both states have a Democrat as Governor. You have lost your mind.

... and yes, Biden will "absolutely" win both Arizona and Pennsylvania. Arizona hates Trump. Biden won Pennsylvania in 2020 by 80,000 votes. Both states also have Democrats as Governor.

That is ridiculous. Biden won Michigan in 2020 by over 140,000 votes. Trump is not popular at all in Wisconsin. Both states have a Democrat as Governor. You have lost your mind.

... and yes, Biden will "absolutely" win both Arizona and Pennsylvania. Arizona hates Trump. Biden won Pennsylvania in 2020 by 80,000 votes. Both states also have Democrats as Governor.
Not sure that “Arizona hates Trump”. They might hate Kari Lake though…

1711751797382.png
1711751833131.png

Swing States from another 538 Poll -

1711751979827.png

Just Pennsylvania -

1711752077392.png

View attachment 630510
View attachment 630511

View attachment 630512

Just Pennsylvania -

View attachment 630513
I stand by what I said .... Trump's lead is shrinking and there are too many undecideds ..... but I'm glad to see that polling data is valid now. All I heard in 2020 was that it was meaningless.

I guess that it all depends on whether or not the polls say what you want them to ... Right?

View attachment 630510
View attachment 630511

View attachment 630512

Just Pennsylvania -

View attachment 630513

Whether it's a result of Trump's boorish conduct or an improving economy finally being noticed, it does appear that Biden's prospects for re-election are improving. It is normal for an incumbent to improve in polling as it gets closer to the election. I admit, however, this will be another close election.

I stand by what I said .... Trump's lead is shrinking and there are too many undecideds ..... but I'm glad to see that polling data is valid now. All I heard in 2020 was that it was meaningless.

I guess that it all depends on whether or not the polls say what you want them to ... Right?
Which of those polls is Trump shrinking in?

Doesn’t look like Arizona or Pennsylvania has changed much at all over the last 8 months.

Lol look at you painting with big broad brushes. Link to me questioning 2020 polls?

Reactions: whodeycin85

Whether it's a result of Trump's boorish conduct or an improving economy finally being noticed, it does appear that Biden's prospects for re-election are improving. It is normal for an incumbent to improve in polling as it gets closer to the election. I admit, however, this will be another close election.
Paywalled.

But I see a caption saying - “Biden Gains on Trump in 'Blue Wall' States”

VN Store

Back