2024 Recruiting Thread

She is transferring to the WNBA top five draft pick it looks like right now. She was never leaving Tennessee for anything other than the Pros.
Both Kea and Jordy have made the right decisions...Kea's game has grown and she has specified the right things to address in her extra year...where Jordy, I think, will grow more in a new environment....JMO

She ain’t leaving. She just needs to work this off season and show and prove next season.

It occurs to me Pissott might in a difficult situation right now at UT. She's either being groomed to be a three or a four, I'm not sure which. If I had to guess, she's going to be a three or a stretch four. If she's ready to play the three next season, Rickea is blocking her from being the starter, however she might still get significant minutes. If Rickea is going to be the four, then that opens the three for Justine. But it also closes the door for Hollingshead, Puckett, and Striplin to play the four, besides, neither of whom are quick enough to play the three. And I don't know why Rickea would come back to play the four, seems like her destiny at the next level would be at the three. If she perfects the three point shot, then she is a top of first round pick and extremely valuable. We seem to have a logjam at the three and the four. Where all this leaves Pissott isn't clear to me.

It occurs to me Pissott might in a difficult situation right now at UT. She's either being groomed to be a three or a four, I'm not sure which. If I had to guess, she's going to be a three or a stretch four. If she's ready to play the three next season, Rickea is blocking her from being the starter, however she might still get significant minutes. If Rickea is going to be the four, then that opens the three for Justine. But it also closes the door for Hollingshead, Puckett, and Striplin to play the four, besides, neither of whom are quick enough to play the three. And I don't know why Rickea would come back to play the four, seems like her destiny at the next level would be at the three. If she perfects the three point shot, then she is a top of first round pick and extremely valuable. We seem to have a logjam at the three and the four. Where all this leaves Pissott isn't clear to me.

I don’t understand when minutes for underclassmen became such an issue. Back in the day almost nobody played significant minutes until their junior season. Gone are the days that players wait their turn.

Justine is a Lady Vol through and through and will develop and play when appropriate.

Shooting Guard?

I don’t understand when minutes for underclassmen became such an issue. Back in the day almost nobody played significant minutes until their junior season. Gone are the days that players wait their turn.

Justine is a Lady Vol through and through and will develop and play when appropriate.
That mindset was gone with the emergence of the day 1 ready athletes. Same could be said you don’t play a kid because they waited their turn. You play the best player regardless by being subjective to who helps you win.

Reactions: lfvol
a non-expert thought, given the success of an Iowa player who brings the ball up the floor, and whenever and often, unleashes both accurate passes and NBA range 3s and when the opportunity also slashes -Pissott has several qualities to be a shooting guard. Yes, of course the LV defense would have to adapt.

We had to learn — it was give and take,” Iowa Coach Bluder said. “It wasn't all controlling what she did because I think, when you try to stifle somebody like that, you're ruining a little bit of the type of player they are. What she does on her own is special. If you were trying to tell her exactly what a good shot is — what a good shot for her is totally different than what a good shot for somebody else is. So she has a little separate set of rules, quite honestly, than other people because she can do things other people can't do.”

I recognize the majority of true LV boarders, having a superior defensive defensive center will impact the weakness re dribble-drives. For those who watched Indiana University they did not have many quick players, but they were defensively strong as a team. (the best defensive player came from the State of Tennessee BTA)

Last edited:

Those days are gone with the wind and the player portal. And the question I'm posing is: What does her development look like? A three that rebounds? A four that shoots the three? Or, some have suggested a two (shooting guard). What is her best defensive position.

Those days are gone with the wind and the player portal. And the question I'm posing is: What does her development look like? A three that rebounds? A four that shoots the three? Or, some have suggested a two (shooting guard). What is her best defensive position.

Ultimately she’s a utility player at the 2/3 IMO. Rebound and start the break, pull from three or post up. She truly has that potential. If she can develop the mid-range we saw a little of this season she could be an EDD type player IMO. Needs to improve her strength and physicality.

Last edited:
Ultimately she’s a utility player at the 2/3 IMO. Rebound and start the break, pull from three or post up. She truly has that potential. If she can develop the mid-range we saw a little of this season she could be an EDD type player IMO. Needs to improve her strength and physicality.

Utility player? She's a five star McDonalds AA. She's got a lot more talent than that. At 6-4 and not quick, she can't guard a 2. She'll either be a 3 that rebounds or a stretch four, IMHO.

Utility player? She's a five star McDonalds AA. She's got a lot more talent than that. At 6-4 and not quick, she can't guard a 2. She'll either be a 3 that rebounds or a stretch four, IMHO.

Utility doesn’t mean bad. It’s an extremely good thing. Means you could use her probably 1-5 depending on the situation. She’s the only player on our roster with that potential.

Utility doesn’t mean bad. It’s an extremely good thing. Means you could use her probably 1-5 depending on the situation. She’s the only player on our roster with that potential.

Hadn't thought of it that way, VolBall09. But I still don't think she's quick or fast enough to defend the 1 or 2, and maybe not the 3.

If you start four stars and play 5 stars as utility players....you may need to rethink that

VN Store

Back