2024 SEC Tournament Bracket (Update after 3/6 games)

StarRaider

on double secret probation
1709832581405.png

SEC Standings

1. Tennessee (14 - 3)
2. Kentucky (12 - 5)
Above Alabama, Auburn, and S Carolina based on round-robin record (2-1).
3. Alabama (12 - 5) With Auburn, above S Carolina and below Kentucky based on round-robin record (2-2). Above Auburn based on winning percentage against #6 teams [Florida] (1-1).
4. Auburn (12 - 5) With Alabama, above S Carolina and below Kentucky based on round-robin record (2-2). Below Alabama based on winning percentage against #6 teams [Florida] (0-1).
5. S Carolina (12 - 5) Below Kentucky, Alabama, and Auburn based on round-robin record (1-2).
6. Florida (11 - 6)
7. Texas A&M (8 - 9)
Above Miss St and LSU based on round-robin record (2-1).
8. Miss St (8 - 9) Above LSU and below Texas A&M based on round-robin record (1-1).
9. LSU (8 - 9) Below Texas A&M and Miss St based on round-robin record (1-2).
10. Ole Miss (7 - 10)
11. Georgia (6 - 11)
Above Arkansas based on winning percentage against #5 teams [S Carolina] (1-1).
12. Arkansas (6 - 11) Below Georgia based on winning percentage against #5 teams [S Carolina] (0-1).
13. Vandy (3 - 14)
14. Missouri (0 - 17)

Last edited:
This is the current bracket…
Thanks...not digging in the weeds for the 5-14 bottom feeders... but I was under the impression that kensuky lost to the gayyydturds... both are 9-5 in the SEC (right now). Head to head must be an overrated thang

edit - never mind I see these clown programs are 1-1 against each other

Last edited:
I don't want Florida. The are quietly good. No flash to them but they are playing well.

In 2024, I'm struggling to see the benefit of the Vols competing for an SEC tournament championship other than the title. With this team, I say just play the bench and walkons. If we lose the first game, so be it. Gives us more time to prepare for the NCAA tourney.

In 2024, I'm struggling to see the benefit of the Vols competing for an SEC tournament championship other than the title. With this team, I say just play the bench and walkons. If we lose the first game, so be it. Gives us more time to prepare for the NCAA tourney.
I agree with you here. As a fan, I want to win every game, but realistically the extra games of the SEC tournament really don’t seem worth it. They certainly do nothing in terms of seeding, committee has proven that.

I’ll take a championship in any year. But I wouldn’t mind seeing Estrella, Dilione, Carr, and Phillips getting a lot of SECT minutes and not sweat if it’s an early exit or another finals game on Sunday.

I just don't want a quarterfinal game where Kentucky is in the other session, so I don't have to pay $300 for a ticket.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Feels weird to say, but I do kind of agree that I don't want to see us burn our team out right before the Big Dance. I'm not going to root for a loss, but I wouldn't mind the minutes being spread more evenly to some younger players. Besides, a loss to a good team in the Semis wouldn't be the worst case scenario. Gives us extra rest and can help reset the team mentally heading into the most important games. Sometimes a loss can provide some extra motivation and focus heading into the NCAAT as long as it's just one loss and you aren't riding a losing streak.

I agree 100%. We gain nothing by winning this tournament. Sit all key players and take the L. You get the rest and hopefully stay healthy. The seed is already determined by the committee before the championship game is played. As you all know this team will be judged how it performs in the big tournament. We have said we need to get past that sweet 16 hump and this is our best chance. But how we finish down this 4 game stretch will determine how we look at the SEC tournament. I’m hoping for a 3-1 finish and take the L in the first game and get ready to roll in the tournament. Kinda like players opting out for a meaningless bowl game.

And here we go again

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Feels weird to say, but I do kind of agree that I don't want to see us burn our team out right before the Big Dance. I'm not going to root for a loss, but I wouldn't mind the minutes being spread more evenly to some younger players. Besides, a loss to a good team in the Semis wouldn't be the worst case scenario. Gives us extra rest and can help reset the team mentally heading into the most important games. Sometimes a loss can provide some extra motivation and focus heading into the NCAAT as long as it's just one loss and you aren't riding a losing streak.
Extra rest? A day? Cmon now

Where’s @EasternVol? He’ll have a heart-attack reading this thread. The other day he said he’d rather win the SEC than play in the Elite Eight.

You play to win. You never concede. Playing the younger guys like Carr, Dillione, and Estrella more minutes is one thing but sitting your starters is not what you do. You can understand that a loss doesn’t necessarily hurt you all that much but if you can win a championship then you go win a championship. All these theories are exactly that… theories. If you’re good enough to make a run to the final four then you’re gonna do it regardless of if you had to play 2-3 games in the conference tournament. That’s not an excuse.

This tournament is such a waste of energy to no purpose since we know they have the NCAA brackets setup already. The only changes they make are for automatic bids. The top teams should agree to dog it and let the teams without NCAA bids fight it out for the automatic bid. Final maybe Ole Miss vs TAM. Top teams take the week off.

Reactions: OrangeInKy

VN Store

Back