2024 SEC Tournament

It feels like Junior's run his mouth about Tennessee this year more than he has his own team. For being a decade removed from the great picnic panic, he sure does have a chip on the ol' shoulder.
lol , what has he said ?

lol , what has he said ?

During Auburn's post-game show for their first SEC tournament game, Steven said -

"I was walking to the game today and some Tennessee fans asked me if I was going to a barbecue, trying to throw a little shade," Pearl said. "And that's what we watched, Mississippi State barbecued Tennessee."

He also said some things in an interview before Tennessee's game against Auburn where he alluded to just how much he hated Tennessee and wanted to beat them, and that the Tennessee game was always personal for both him and his dad. I'm paraphrasing but I think they asked him "is this game a big deal for you and for your father?" And he said "oh you better believe it is." Can't find them right now though, just remember hearing them on the radio driving over to TBA. It seemed clear to me that he still had a hangup about UT, and still held a huge grudge for everything that happened.

Last edited:
During Auburn's post-game show for their first SEC tournament game, he said -

"I was walking to the game today and some Tennessee fans asked me if I was going to a barbecue, trying to throw a little shade," Pearl said. "And that's what we watched, Mississippi State barbecued Tennessee."

He also said some things in an interview before Tennessee's game against Auburn where he alluded to just how much he hated Tennessee and wanted to beat them, and that the Tennessee game was always personal for both him and his dad. I'm paraphrasing but I think they asked him "is this game a big deal for you and for your father?" And he said "oh you better believe it is." Can't find them right now though, just remember hearing them on the radio driving over to TBA. It seemed clear to me that he still had a hangup about UT, and still held a huge grudge for everything that happened.

All these Pearl slurpers need to read this and stop sniffing his jock.

During Auburn's post-game show for their first SEC tournament game, he said -

He also said some things in an interview before Tennessee's game against Auburn where he alluded to just how much he hated Tennessee and wanted to beat them, and that the Tennessee game was always personal for both him and his dad. Can't find them right now though, just remember hearing them on the radio driving over to TBA. It seemed clear to me that he still had a hangup about UT, and still held a huge grudge for everything that happened.
Man my memory is terrible & me forgetting what a douche canoe that daddy’s boy is proves as much.

Reactions: BisonVol
Don't mind losing in the final, at all, as the Gators have overachieved this year and were tired in their fourth game in four days. Really a very strong season. But to lose a key player like that, which has clearly affected the team, just rotten luck as we head to the NCAAs. Fear they will pack it in, but let's see what Golden can do to get their heads back on right.

Don't mind losing in the final, at all, as the Gators have overachieved this year and were tired in their fourth game in four days. Really a very strong season. But to lose a key player like that, which has clearly affected the team, just rotten luck as we head to the NCAAs. Fear they will pack it in, but let's see what Golden can do to get their heads back on right.
Your guys have had a good year & I hate it for Handlogten. Florida has hired a coach as much as it pains me to say it .

But wait, I thought the SEC Tournament was meaningless?

So why are the Pearl Meat Riders celebrating?

Your guys have had a good year & I hate it for Handlogten. Florida has hired a coach as much as it pains me to say it .

On the Gator boards, someone made the point that we also lost Keyontae Johnson when he collapsed and almost died. Hard to think of a basketball team with worse recent calamitous injury history.

Apparently your memory is faulty. Pearl brought Tennessee basketball back from oblivion. I'll always be grateful to him. That said, I love Barnes even more.

They're talking about Stephen; he had very little to do with TN's success and if he wasn't Bruce's son, nobody would know who he was.

Reactions: Ratvol
They're talking about Stephen; he had very little to do with TN's success and if he wasn't Bruce's son, nobody would know who he was.
Thought he referred to the Bruce postgame interview as he talked about his father dying last fall. Haters for Pearl is sad. I appreciate his coaching skills, especially what he did for Tennessee.

Thought he referred to the Bruce postgame interview as he talked about his father dying last fall. Haters for Pearl is sad. I appreciate his coaching skills, especially what he did for Tennessee.

I appreciate what he did but I’m also not going to forgot how bad he screwed the University and his assistants over.

Auburn is a cocky confident bunch. And that can be a big help this time of year when there's some talent to go with it. I wish the Vols had more of that.

Beyond the negative effect it had on the team that postseason, it goes with the other point: I don't want him back for not only being a poor postseason coach (and honestly how did we end up 3rd and 5th in the East with our rosters those last two years?), but for making it impossible for our administration to trust him. Plus he's 63 years old, we don't want to hire somebody to coast into retirement.
Not to mention all the off the court issues he had then. CRB May have issues in the big dance, but the way he relates to the players and administration far outweighs what Pearl and Junior ever did here.
How can we just forget what we just accomplished by winning an outright SEC championship in the toughest league and his resume in the SEC tournament isn’t too shabby seeing we took it in the last couple of years. Regardless of what he does in the NCAA win or lose, TN can hang a banner this year and claim fact they are a top tier program

Apparently your memory is faulty. Pearl brought Tennessee basketball back from oblivion. I'll always be grateful to him. That said, I love Barnes even more.
We were discussing Stephen and I had said only a few posts back that i appreciated what CBP accomplished here so maybe my memory resembles your comprehension skills.

War Damn!!

Vols win reg season championship, and Auburn wins conference tourney championship! Can't complain about that!! Now lets get both of em to the final 4!

Reactions: Ratvol

VN Store

Back