2024 SEC Tournament

Nice..so we have never done it since expansion…big game tomorrow for that purpose then…will be almost impossible with two new teams coming in going forward as well so this is our chance

I haven’t checked for more recent ones. Possibly when TN went 31-5 a couple of years ago.

I guess that’s why the UT AD PR staff isn’t making a big deal out of it.

TN has only beaten every other SEC one time in 42/43 seasons.
I thought you said they did it in 82 and 90? We definitely did in 07-08…is that only time or did we those other two years…Did non of the Mears 60-70’s era team do it…I the the conference was smaller and the game structure was far different but some of those teams win 14-16 games in conference. He may have had a few that accomplished this goal.

I thought you said they did it in 82 and 90? We definitely did in 07-08…is that only time or did we those other two years…Did non of the Mears 60-70’s era team do it…I the the conference was smaller and the game structure was far different but some of those teams win 14-16 games in conference. He may have had a few that accomplished this goal.

I only looked back to the first year of the SECT. I was looking for the last one, not all of them.

1982 and 1979 - not 1990. That would have been Wade the Fade’s first year. It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t beat all 11 over his 5 years.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I only looked back to the first year of the SECT. I was looking for the last one, not all of them.

1982 and 1979 - not 1990. That would have been Wade the Fade’s first year. It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t beat all 11 over his 5 years.
He actually had a winning conference record of 10-8 that first season and beat Memphis in the first round of the NIT…lol…his high water mark outside of the run to Sec tourney finals

Last edited:
I’m guessing Pat Adams will be on the call for our game Friday. He last worked the MIZ vs. UGA game Wednesday night. Ugh!

If the correllation between rest and NCAA Tournament results are as strong as many in here think it is Duke may have just punched their ticket to the Final Four.

Reactions: EasternVol
SECT Champions:

KY (32)
Bama (8)
UT (5)
Florida (4)
MSU (3)
Auburn (2)
Miss (2)
Vandy (2)
GA (2)
LSU (1)
Arkansas (1)
GA Tech (1)
USC (0)
Missouri (0)
TxAM (0)
Tulane (0)

Kentucky fans still in the crowd. They are probably stuck with the tickets and the hotels.

The SECT title is falling into Bruce’s lap. Florida whooped Barn in the regular season. Barn beat TxAM.

TxAM: 31
FL: 20
8:46 in the 1st half

Barn’s path to the SECT title with their double bye is to go 3-0 versus 3x single bye opponents. Big advantage in the 2nd and 3rd games.

I think that Florida matches up better against Auburn than Texas A&M does.

68-63 Florida with 10 minutes left to play.

PxP guy just said that if TxAM loses, the 18 point lead would be their biggest collapse since 2010.

Go Gata.

FL: 68
TxAM: 65
9:43
TO by Buzz

VN Store

Back