2024 Tennessee Volunteer "Depth Chart"

TAF

Oh Yeah...I mean it!
GV7Cn_aaoAEccyZ

Interesting that Jakobe Thomas is slotted on the Safety side with Turrentine and not Brooks.
I think those safety spots are interchangeable, and they’re just trying to show they have 4 guys they’re comfortable with.

It’s actually a pretty decent group.
Turrentine looked like an All- Conference safety against IOWA.

Charles before his early injuries was about to push Tank out at starter. Then he needed to play CB, and he just never got the chance to really settle down at safety. He’s there now.

Thomas was really good for MTSU.

Brooks has the coaches trust.

This team looks very strong in almost every position group. If the secondary can just be average, this could be a very good season.
The offensive and defensive skill positions are what will swing it in my mind (I feel pretty confident that Nico will prove to be “him”). The wide receivers are a bit of an unknown outside of Squirrel and Bru. They could end up being middle of the pack or one of the best wr rooms in the conference. I’m hopeful it’s the latter.

On the other side, the secondary has lost a ton of experience but gained a lot of talent. There could be major growing pains, or they could play to potential and be a pretty solid compliment to the front seven (or six, as it were). I agree with you, could shape up to be a very good year. The question marks just make it more exciting, imo.

The offensive and defensive skill positions are what will swing it in my mind (I feel pretty confident that Nico will prove to be “him”). The wide receivers are a bit of an unknown outside of Squirrel and Bru. They could end up being middle of the pack or one of the best wr rooms in the conference. I’m hopeful it’s the latter.

On the other side, the secondary has lost a ton of experience but gained a lot of talent. There could be major growing pains, or they could play to potential and be a pretty solid compliment to the front seven (or six, as it were). I agree with you, could shape up to be a very good year. The question marks just make it more exciting, imo.
Hopefully, they work through their growing pains this weekend.

I think those safety spots are interchangeable, and they’re just trying to show they have 4 guys they’re comfortable with.

Charles before his early injuries was about to push Tank out at starter. Then he needed to play CB, and he just never got the chance to really settle down at safety. He’s there now.

I could see Charles coming on as the season progresses.

I think I’d look like an all conference safety against Iowa

Just like in years past, it might say OR, but whoever is listed first is actually the starter. Like no offense to Dayne Davis or Larry Johnson, but they're not starting over Campbell or heard. That does mean that Thornton is starting opposite Bru though, which is interesting.

Looks like we may see a 6 WR rotation.

I also wouldn't be surprised if LG was rotated between Karic,Lampley, and Sham to see who does better under the lights these first few games, esp since Karic really hasn't played much here.

LOL@theRBrotation

Safety is the weak link of this team.

Looks like we may see a 6 WR rotation.

I also wouldn't be surprised if LG was rotated between Karic,Lampley, and Sham to see who does better under the lights these first few games, esp since Karic really hasn't played much here.

LOL@theRBrotation
What? Who doesn’t have 5 first team running backs?

VN Store

Back