2024 Tennessee Volunteer "Depth Chart"

I don’t know if we’re as far apart as you think. Brazzell and Thornton are the two guys who can be really good to elite contributors along with Bru and Squirrel. I would almost say I expect them to be. I do disagree with you that the hay is in the barn already. One hasn’t taken a snap at this level of football and the other underwhelmed last year before showing some signs that the lightbulb was coming on. He (Thornton) has got to continue that momentum. I have a good feeling about both of those guys, but my feelings and a few dollars will buy you a cup of coffee.

Nimrod is another that needs to take a big step and give Squirrel a chance to rest when he needs it. I agree, some positive signs there. If Matthews contributes this season, that’s gravy imo.

I do wholeheartedly agree with you that this is the deepest the WR room has been in the Heupel era, and it probably isn’t close. Essentially what I’m saying is that I understand why our wide receiver corps may not be on the national radar, but I also think it will be by mid-season. The potential is there, but it has to be realized.
By. next year, Matthews will likely become the best receiver of the group.

Reactions: FBtime
A great roster has a super star at every level. There could be stars everywhere except in the secondary. The secondary may very well keep us from achieving the really big things this year. Hopefully... a super star emerges (Boo Carter maybe) from that group and off we go!!

VN Store

Back