2024 Transfer Portal Thread

He held up against Kalkbrenner/Edey defensively in the tournament but was atrocious offensively against them. Couldn’t handle length at all. Didn’t really have any moves except just going into the post defender and then when he got stuck he just threw up bad shots trying to get it over length. That was something that caught my attention. I just have too many questions for him to start personally
Many players had issues scoring over Kalkbrenner and Edey all year. They weren't your average college basketball players defensively, by the sheer size of Edey and Kalkbrenner who is just a very good defender with length (7'1). Aidoo didn't exactly torch them despite being 6'11 and 2nd team All-SEC, with his performance of 2-12 from the field, 0 FT attempts, 0 blocked shots and grand total of 4 pts.

No one was going to compete with Edey in the paint. DJ Burns who is extremely skilled offensively wasn't very efficient against Edey at 4-10 from field in the semi's and he was playing great prior to and during the tournament for the most part. Taking it to UNC and Duke as examples. Not sure what the standard of performance is supposed to be for a backup post player against a 7'4 player of the year, but at least Tobe didn't back down and even showed he was willing to shoot the ball on the block with Edey right behind him. Sample size of only 3 shots. Other guys weren't within 15-20 feet of Edey on the perimeter and wouldn't shoot the ball except Knecht and Zeigler. Aidoo shot an airball within 5 feet of the basket which was impressive.

Rylan Griffin? Damn. That one makes no sense. Guess he is looking for a bag as well. He would easily jump up my board to my top want, but we don’t seem to usually be in these high profile portal recruitments that demand high NIL dollars. So doubt we have a realistic shot. Everyone is going to be after him.

Many players had issues scoring over Kalkbrenner and Edey all year. They weren't your average college basketball players defensively, by the sheer size of Edey and Kalkbrenner who is just a very good defender with length (7'1). Aidoo didn't exactly torch them despite being 6'11 and 2nd team All-SEC, with his performance of 2-12 from the field, 0 FT attempts, 0 blocked shots and grand total of 4 pts.

No one was going to compete with Edey in the paint. DJ Burns who is extremely skilled offensively wasn't very efficient against Edey at 4-10 from field in the semi's and he was playing great prior to and during the tournament for the most part. Taking it to UNC and Duke as examples. Not sure what the standard of performance is supposed to be for a backup post player against a 7'4 player of the year, but at least Tobe didn't back down and even showed he was willing to shoot the ball on the block with Edey right behind him. Sample size of only 3 shots. Other guys weren't within 15-20 feet of Edey on the perimeter and wouldn't shoot the ball except Knecht and Zeigler. Aidoo shot an airball within 5 feet of the basket which was impressive.
He wasn’t “willing” to shoot it. He shot it several times bc he got stuck several times which was my point

Reactions: knoxvol52
Rylan Griffin? Damn. That one makes no sense. Guess he is looking for a bag as well. He would easily jump up my board to my top want, but we don’t seem to usually be in these high profile portal recruitments that demand high NIL dollars. So doubt we have a realistic shot. Everyone is going to be after him.
Think he wants to get closer to home and he’ll get his money obviously

View attachment 633841
As much as I hate to see aidoo and awaka go, I’d love for this guy to replace them. I love his game and I think jp could learn a lot from him.
Wonder what going on at the barn with 3 guys in their rotation portaling? This one is especially confusing as Pearl gave Broome free rein to shoot 3’s or operate in the post.

My goodness the height of this lineup (minus ZZ)

ZZ
Shack 6’4/ Carr 6’5
Tyson 6’7
Dubar 6’8
JP 6’11

Makes more sense to me.

I saw the twitter comments by Mashack’s mom and she said Dubar was a JJJ type, so I’m just spotting him at the 4. Then Tyson reminds me more of the typical 3.

I think having that length/height will help as well. Take a look at UCONNs starting lineup
6’4
6’5
6’6
6’8
7’2

VN Store

Back