2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably pretty good if we had had any NIL support besides tee shirt sales and a couple of car leases.

Lucy, some of that is on them. They didn’t want to play the game and chose to toe the line while everyone else just got to work.

The Boost Her Club and running everything through the local T-shirt shop was never going to be good for anyone but Orange Mountain Designs.

Not even arguing any of the facts cause they are all true. Still the point is hopefully she understands the fan base better than she seems to. She misses that NCAA for any reason meaning the last staff or failure to upgrade the roster she will get all the blame whether deserved or not. I will be watching her plan for the next few weeks see who is coaching and how it all turns out. It may be great or we might be going in with the status quo. Still time for some of these present players to bail. With every announcement everything changes for everyone.

Like I said, I’m curious too, but I’m not jumping to any conclusions right now. I’ll be a lot more worried if we’re in a bad spot come this time NEXT season.

I think the Lady Vol brand had fallen off a lot more than many of us would like to admit. Nobody likes to know they were betting on the lame horse in the race. Might have looked good walking out on the track, but when Kellie opened the gates we looked awful.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Okay, let’s see who she brings in as her recruiter. Will you be happy if it’s the Marshall recruiter who was at Grenville state 14 months ago?
I'm okay with her bringing in whoever she thinks will get it done and I think it'll be better than what we just had.

Okay, let’s see who she brings in as her recruiter. Will you be happy if it’s the Marshall recruiter who was at Grenville state 14 months ago?
I will be happy with anyone that gets results no matter where they have coached. To your point thought very low percentage that someone from Marshall can be successful right away.

Like I said, I’m curious too, but I’m not jumping to any conclusions right now. I’ll be a lot more worried if we’re in a bad spot come this time NEXT season.

I think the Lady Vol brand had fallen off a lot more than many of us would like to admit. Nobody likes to know they were betting on the lame horse in the race. Might have looked good walking out on the track, but when Kellie opened the gates we looked awful.
You keep saying Kellie was awful and that’s not true. Not a single thing about her tenure here was awful. All i hope is that we use the portal, too many good players to not go grab atleast one.

Lucy, some of that is on them. They didn’t want to play the game and chose to toe the line while everyone else just got to work.

The Boost Her Club this and running everything through the local T-shirt shop was never going to be good for anyone but Orange Mountain Designs.
Trying very hard to be positive and supportive of CKC. I have a lot more confidence in her x’s and o’s than her recruiting prowess. Sometimes experience matters. If it’s not Sam okay but she needs someone who has been there and done that.

What do u think gets us in a good sport next season, would that be at the top of the Sec and winning or missing the tournament or being one and done, which scenario will get us the players we need?

Reactions: brittannica
I'm okay with her bringing in whoever she thinks will get it done and I think it'll be better than what we just had.
an assistant coach from marshall would not be better than what we had. we NEED a coach who has experience. CKC needs someone who can introduce her to the relationships they already built.

Trying very hard to be positive and supportive of CKC. I have a lot more confidence in her x’s and o’s than her recruiting prowess. Sometimes experience matters. If it’s not Sam okay but she needs someone who has been there and done that.

I do agree with this, like I posted earlier, I don’t think it would be bad for Burdette to be her top assistant and to hire a very experienced Associate Head Coach for her for 1-2 seasons. Gail Goestenkors would be my top pick by far.

Burdette isn’t a nobody though, I remember her as a player and she knows what it’s like to be recruited at the D1 level.

I'm not either it will all play out before us in the next few weeks. We can make a decision or opinion on where we stand through the results we see. 2025 recruiting can wait and we didn't have but one player for 2024 and she is here right now hope she stays. I'm not at all judgemental of her bringing in a staff as long as in the next three weeks they show me something for me to believe they are competent to do the job. Portal will be part of the test, a big part. I won't even judge their future recruiting 2025 on that, but I will definitely be able to see where our roster stands versus every other team in the SEC and be able to base my own opinion whether it turns out right or wrong what were looking at next season.

NIL wasn't getting it done. DW said that wouldn't be a problem moving forward, but with no relationships and new coaches with none, where will we be?

Everyone is suddenly talking about relationships when all we heard for 3 years is that we couldn’t buy recruits and none of them cared about relationships anymore.

So which is it?

And based on today it sounds like the “relationship” Brooks and her uncle were going on about was really just “how much money can we squeeze out of a desperate program.”

Last edited:
NIL wasn't getting it done. DW said that wouldn't be a problem moving forward, but with no relationships and new coaches with none, where will we be?
I think we'll be okay. I think the majority of the NIL was basically used on 2 players, 1 that was legit and will be a top WNBA pick and the other...

Reactions: Ovol
This is a silly reply. We consistently finished in the top 4 of the SEC and made the tournament every year. We also had two sweet 16’s and went to the championship game of the SEC tournament. not saying that’s elite but yes, i’d say it’s good. Your theory that jackson recruited spear is just not true. I fully expect CKC to maintain the tournament streak at the minimum in her first year.
I've been hard on Kellie, but the fact is she averaged almost 22 wins a season in a very hard job. Her job performance at UT would have been just fine for all but a few programs, but, unfortunately for her, TN is one of those few.

I'm not ready to break out the worry beads for CKC just yet. I didn't expect her to keep any of the old assistants since that's not particularly common, and her system is very different. She's the coach, she knows what kind of player she needs and who she wants to coach 'em, and it's her job on the line. Next year will be interesting.

Everyone is suddenly talking about relationships when all we heard for 3 years is that we couldn’t buy recruits and none of them cared of relationships anymore.

So which is it?

And based on today it sounds like the “relationship” Brooks and her uncle were going on about was really just “how much money can we squeeze out of a desperate program.”
I guess everyone is going to talk negative about her now since she’s not coming here, it’s time to move on, she might go to Texas so I’m sure we will see what she’s made of.

Everyone is suddenly talking about relationships when all we heard for 3 years is that we couldn’t buy recruits and none of them cared of relationships anymore.

So which is it?

That's BS , you're just assuming that.

P

And we were good? Sorry but we just weren’t. No Jackson and we would have been sub .500 last season.

Horston recruited Jackson and Jackson recruited Spear. Without that Kellie would have been dead in the water 3 seasons ago.
Jackson did not recruit Jewel. Multiple articles talk about how Jewel took Kellie’s call because Jewel’s dad pointed out to her how Kellie developed Jordan Horston.

So which is it?

But the NIL is magically fixed now. We should be able to get elite players now. I'm cheering for CKC, but she sure made her job Much , Much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back