2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one would have. Tell me you don't know the portal and our roster wo telling me you don't know the portal and our roster.

Also, spoiler alert, one at a time is how rosters are built.

Still a good chance she could end up in Knoxville. We need a coach, and fast. Needs to be a really good one.

Praying for Danny and hoping he swings for the fences.

Still a good chance she could end up in Knoxville. We need a coach, and fast. Needs to be a really good one.

Praying for Danny and hoping he swings for the fences.
I’m also hopeful Danny is working the phone tree with these players/transfers who were interested in coming here. Unless someone is bringing a lot of talent, we are going to be in the same place we were with Kellie—needing to hit home runs (make slam dunks?) in the portal.

Also, I think not knowing this was coming is a failure on the staff who was just let go.

I don’t think there is ANY way this came as a total surprise to Harper. The way things work multiple conversations would have been had this season prior to her termination yesterday.

So the fact that she was planning a recruiting visit on the day she knew was likely to be terminated was not exactly the best decision. Sort of unkind to that player.

Not saying she should not have still been doing her job and recruiting, but shocked we had a visit scheduled for the day her buyout dropped and she met with the AD.

Part of me feels like she was being her usually stubborn self and sticking her head in the sand thinking she would get one more year to prove Danny wrong. Instead he pulled the plug.

Reactions: Ratvol
That one would have. Tell me you don't know the portal and our roster wo telling me you don't know the portal and our roster.

Also, spoiler alert, one at a time is how rosters are built.

We are terrible. One player isn’t helping this team.

Btw this is against top competition
12.8ppg / 4.6rpg / 1.25apg
2.8 Turnovers
39% FG, 34% 3PT

She’s a good FT shooter and plays pretty good defense, but again, one player isn’t helping this team.

You are right that teams are built one at a time. Hopefully we have more than one ;)

It’s funny reading this stuff out loud. Saying the core of the returning roster is terrible is ridiculous. No worse than acting like a recruit that was in the portal for two weeks prior to April 1st, coincidentally scheduled their visit on the exact same date that the former coach was relieved of their duties is comical. So many of these thoughts are just to be negative at this point. On the outside, coaches and players will never see Tennessee the way some people on here try to portray this program which is funny. No way I would constantly try to talk a fantasy into existence.

Reactions: Lucy
Also, I think not knowing this was coming is a failure on the staff who was just let go.

I don’t think there is ANY way this came as a total surprise to Harper. The way things work multiple conversations would have been had this season prior to her termination yesterday.

So the fact that she was planning a recruiting visit on the day she knew was likely to be terminated was not exactly the best decision. Sort of unkind to that player.

Not saying she should not have still been doing her job and recruiting, but shocked we had a visit scheduled for the day her buyout dropped and she met with the AD.

Part of me feels like she was being her usually stubborn self and sticking her head in the sand thinking she would get one more year to prove Danny wrong. Instead he pulled the plug.
Sun came up this morning. Jon and Kellie's fault! Esp Evil Jon. I'm sure he was behind it all.
No way I would constantly try to talk a fantasy into existence.
Oh the irony!

Reactions: Lucy and chuckiepoo
Sun came up this morning. Jon and Kellie's fault! Esp Evil Jon. I'm sure he was behind it all.

Oh the irony!

I’m not sure where you’re getting that I’m so angry lol.

I’m quite pleased, yes the sun did rise.

I was scorched earth angry last week after we lost because I felt Rickea deserved better. And was very ready to see the Harper’s get their walking papers. That has now happened.

Just in a holding pattern waiting to the new hire and defending the same positions I’ve held all season.

I’ve been saying this was it for her since the FSU game. After the MTSU game I thought White should have fired them in December and let the assistants finish the season. It was so obvious we weren’t heading a good direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
I’m not sure where you’re getting that I’m so angry lol.
Never said a word about angry. Just can't seem to stop blaming the Harpers (no apostrophe needed unless it's possesive) for everything.

Totally agree direction, frozen in time by the dropped head SC image, plus recruiting were the downfall.

Oh the irony!

Irony is thinking a possible core returning on a roster that beat Oklahoma is in need of every single player from losing teams in college, any high school recruit, etc.

Tennessee is two or three pieces away from contending for the SEC just as they have done the previous two season advancing to the SEC championship in 2023 and SEC semifinals in 2024 with a lead in the final 1.1 secs against the top team that was erased by a miracle.

But nothing beats prophecy fellow poster so we hear you.

Irony is thinking a possible core returning on a roster that beat Oklahoma is in need of every single player from losing teams in college, any high school recruit, etc.
No one thinks that
Tennessee is a two or three pieces away from contending for the SEC
Everyone thinks that.

But those pieces don't recruit themselves, and right now, times awasting.

Glad you could eventually bring yourself to agreement.

Never said a word about angry. Just can't seem to stop blaming the Harpers (no apostrophe needed unless it's possesive) for everything.

Totally agree direction, frozen in time by the dropped head SC image, plus recruiting were the downfall.

My phone loves to add that apostrophe and I get tired of deleting it. Further proof there shouldn’t be two of them.

No one thinks that

Everyone thinks that.

But those pieces don't recruit themselves, and right now, times awasting.

Glad you could eventually bring yourself to agreement.

And since you went back and edited the post to add another contraction, when did I ever say Tennessee would not add two or three players through the portal?

Show me this. You just type and press post. I don’t see what it amounts to but I’m sure you get a false sense of relevance which there’s no harm in it. Good for you.

Everyone crying about RWH aka Ruby Whitehorn visiting today as if we would have gotten chose after she dismissed us for clemson the first time and has already visited LSU on this transfer cycle are ridiculous lol its over now we rebuild from the ground where Kellie left us.

Everyone crying about RWH aka Ruby Whitehorn visiting today as if we would have gotten chose after she dismissed us for clemson the first time and has already visited LSU on this transfer cycle are ridiculous lol its over now we rebuild from the ground where Kellie left us.
No it’s just a reality that this needs to happen fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back