2024 Transfer Portal

Vols330

It's never too early to start a thread for this year's transfer class. I remember Tony faint we missed out on a transfer last year, because we couldn't host him on visit on Super Regional weekend. Kendall is already saying SC may lose a big name player.

Who are we pursuing and who could potentially be leaving?

It's never too early to start a thread for this year's transfer class. I remember Tony faint we missed out on a transfer last year, because we couldn't host him on visit on Super Regional weekend. Kendall is already saying SC may lose a big name player.

Who are we pursuing and who could potentially be leaving?
I’d say we need 3 stud position players from the portal 1st base .2nd base and a corner outfielder DH type with power and depending on AJ’s health a couple of front line weekend starters , I know recruiting never ends to stay competitive and we have the best in the business

I’d say we need 3 stud position players from the portal 1st base .2nd base and a corner outfielder DH type with power and depending on AJ’s health a couple of front line weekend starters , I know recruiting never ends to stay competitive and we have the best in the business
Might need a CF more than a corner OF, unless Chapman can be the CF. But yeah, I agree...those are the positions of need: 1B, 2B, and OF. Hopefully, the majority of Backus, Antigua, Lohry, Perry, Villaneuve, and Peebles will make a developmental jump. The latter two especially are guys with loads of ability who could be studs if the light comes on. I guess I could say the same for Bargo.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Might need a CF more than a corner OF, unless Chapman can be the CF. But yeah, I agree...those are the positions of need: 1B, 2B, and OF. Hopefully, the majority of Backus, Antigua, Lohry, Perry, Villaneuve, and Peebles will make a developmental jump. The latter two especially are guys with loads of ability who could be studs if the light comes on. I guess I could say the same for Bargo.
Ensley should return and lock down CF next year.

Yeah for some reason I thought he was a senior. That’s fantastic.
I kinda had Ensley penciled in at center but if he finishes strong he could get drafted , I think Bargo could play first but we’d take an All American caliber first baseman , I’d really like a second baseman lead off type with speed ,we have a solid group if they all return but they have a lot of swing and miss offensively

We need to replace 3rd base (Amick), left field (Dreiling), & right field (Tears) plus 1st & 2nd base.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Evan Chrest from Jacksonville University going to FSU. He was a guy I had my eye on. I'm sure there will be many more.

I don't think we have to compete NIL wise with everyone. TV and the staff have proven they can get guys seen and drafted high. That equates to more money in the end so guys are willing to go where they can get to the next level and win in college.

I agree with this. The opportunities are there. Whether it’s Weigel’s, Dick’s, Garza….there’s a track record and honestly it’s great for the players. I like the way your family handled with the jersey/shirts, etc…

I guess what I’m trying to say is…we can prove to a kid and his family that we can handle the NIL part, the coaching part, the get them to the draft part. We’re fine. We’re way better than fine.

VN Store

Back