2024 Transfer Portal

The timing of the Zane announcement seems weird to me. Is there a portal deadline upcoming or something? Why announce the week of supers? Seems like an intentional distraction to get his name in the news....but maybe not.
I’m guessing Zane did not announce it publicly but someone reviewing the list saw his name and made it public.

Players are already making announcements for their next college, so it is probably a timing issue to get your name in the portal while schools are looking for holes to plug.

JMO, but unless it's just a stud position player you can't say no to, our biggest needs will be pitching.

Reactions: CAVPUT
JMO, but unless it's just a stud position player you can't say no to, our biggest needs will be pitching.
Ehh I don’t know, we’re losing our entire infield except for Dean, both corner outfielders, and our catcher. I have no idea who CTV feels about the guys we have on the roster and coming in but I’d guess we’ll be going after some dudes.

The
I’m ok with Curley at 3rd but Antigua is really gonna have to improve offensively to be the every day SS , he may need to get rid of that high leg kick , he’s late on anything with velo
The hand injury really set Antigua back from a hitting standpoint. He will rake once healthy and getting his rhythm back at the plate.

Why do some players get praise like Zane when they enter the portal and others get criticized like Chase?
Since NIL era has begun, no player should be hated or disliked for leaving any school.

I'm sure all posters on here wouldn't have left for more money to play sport at another school.

Why do some players get praise like Zane when they enter the portal and others get criticized like Chase?

I think, just my opinion, Zane is just kind of mystery. Assuming Burns, I never criticized him because he wanted to be the guy, maybe he thought he was a starter. Maybe he didn’t mesh with Frank? Who knows…he hasn’t hurt himself in the draft by moving on. Happy for him.

UTL Blake Cyre (Miami)
RHP Cody Bowker (Georgetown)
INF Gavin Kilen (Louisville)
RHP Tommy Lapour (Wichita State)
From a poster on VQ:

Arguably three of the top 10 portal players will be on campus this weekend

Cyr - Freshman AA, probably a 1st or 2nd rounder in 2025

Bowker - talented arm, don't know a whole lot

Kilen - maybe the best portal infielder, 2025 1st rounder

Lapour - maybe the best pitcher in the portal, a 2026 1st rounder

VN Store

Back