2024 Transfer Portal

I think we need at least 3 big time position player transfers preferably 1st -2nd and a corner outfielder , we have a solid group that can return but not a lot star power like Moore and Burke , with AJ’s injury we need true number 1 starting pitcher just in case he can’t go in 25 , I’m sure Tony has an idea about our high school guys that could get drafted , I haven’t seen or read any portal guys we could possibly be looking at , Texas Tech first baseman would look good in Orange

I’m ok with Curley at 3rd but Antigua is really gonna have to improve offensively to be the every day SS , he may need to get rid of that high leg kick , he’s late on anything with velo
Not worried about him…he was trying to play catch up all year offensively all year. I’ve seen a lot of reports saying before he got hurt he was swinging it really well.

I’m not sure if Cal has a COVID year or not, but if he doesn’t this could be an ideal target to bring in and compete with Cannon for the job.

This is Cal’s last year. But im hoping Peebles finds the bat he had last year and who knows how good Stone Lawless might be next year.

This is Cal’s last year. But im hoping Peebles finds the bat he had last year and who knows how good Stone Lawless might be next year.

Good too now about cal. If that’s the case, I wouldn’t be shocked if Tony looked for another catcher to add to the competition. He may choose to just let Peebles, Lawless, and Bargo battle it out, but I think he’ll want to bring in someone else for depth and to make sure we have the right guy behind the plate. It’s such an important position.

Couple scenarios for infield positions are gonna be, Curley stays at short (depending on how much more that dude grows physically) AA to short and I think there could be a battle at 3rd with Bargo and incoming transfers/freshman : Curley slides to 3rd and AA to short and Bargo battles for a corner outfield or catcher spot and hope to grab a 2nd baseman in portal or draft caliber freshman.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I’d be shocked if we bring in a transfer catcher unless of the 3 mentioned transfers out , I’m hoping Peebles DH’s tomorrow against the lefty , his average isn’t great but he’s sees a lot of pitches and gets on base

I’m ok with Curley at 3rd but Antigua is really gonna have to improve offensively to be the every day SS , he may need to get rid of that high leg kick , he’s late on anything with velo
Depending on who makes It through the draft we have a boatload of SS prospects coming in. Competition will be steep in the middle IF.

AA is your SS.

I don't see any way around that. He can hit just fine, and his defense is off the charts.
I don’t know man we have some highly ranked SS coming in , I’d say the only 2 true retuning starters is Curley and maybe Ensley if he don’t get drafted or a highly touted transfer , everyone else will fight for positions, I agree AA is elite defensively

I’m not sure if Cal has a COVID year or not, but if he doesn’t this could be an ideal target to bring in and compete with Cannon for the job.

A lot of highly ranked catchers coming in the next couple of years and stone lawless is back there waiting too. We don’t need to take a catcher imo

The timing of the Zane announcement seems weird to me. Is there a portal deadline upcoming or something? Why announce the week of supers? Seems like an intentional distraction to get his name in the news....but maybe not.

Depending on who makes It through the draft we have a boatload of SS prospects coming in. Competition will be steep in the middle IF.
That's what CTV does. He recruits shortstops (usually the best guy on the team) and figures out a spot for them elsewhere on the infield or in the outfield. Almost all of his right handed position players will be former shortstops.

Reactions: spyfish007
I don’t know man we have some highly ranked SS coming in , I’d say the only 2 true retuning starters is Curley and maybe Ensley if he don’t get drafted or a highly touted transfer , everyone else will fight for positions, I agree AA is elite defensively
Alex Perry, Blake Grimmer and Hunter High could be in the mix at 2B next year.

VN Store

Back