2024 Transfer Portal

Disappointing, but not surprising. LaViollete probably does the same thing. Oh well. He would have feasted in LNS but I can appreciate the loyalty.
Gotta think portal guys will look at our roster turn over and see us in a rebuild mode next season and see a better shot at Omaha somewhere else. I think we'll be seen middle of the pack in the SEC going into next year.

Tanner Franklin has not had the big moments at Kennesaw but as a high velocity guy, he would get a lot of great coaching from Frank and our recent reputation with high velo guys

I checked on his cape states

Chatham Anglers

3 games
0 starts
4.2 innings
26 Batters Faced
117 pitches
25.07 pitches /inning
1 Game finished
6 hits
8 runs
0 ER ??????
5 Walks
7 SO 13.50 SO/9
2.36 WHIP
.300 avg
1.40 K/BB

Not great. Especially a wood bad league

In his last game (Sat) . Franklin pitched the final inning 2 hits 2 unearned runs. 1 walk 2 SP
SO
SO
Walk
Single LF
Inf Single (likely should have been an E3)
E4 (2 runs)
F7
0.00 ERA

Chatham lost 10-3 but it was 8-3 before that inning

In his prior game (prior Sat 6/22) Franklin was the first reliever out of pen. Starter went 5 complete
Franklin went 2 innings
4 hits
2 unearned runs
1 BB
3 SO
0.00 ERA

6th
Singe CF
Pickoff CS
E5 (2 base)
SO
Single CF (1 RBI unearned)
PB
SO

7th
SO Looking
Single LF
BB
5U (out 2) #5 Run scored (unearned)
Single CF- 8-2 Out 3

Considering, it does not appear that Franklin is on a team that is backing him up
He has yet to give up an earned run
4 unearned runs in last 2 games.

Chatham is 5-8 and 4th in the East Division. 2 games ahead of last place Orleans
Lost 3 straight.
3-7 in last 10
47 RS
61 RA
2-6 against teams above .500

Last edited:
Poster on VQ saying Kilen is down to UT and FL. LSU is out.
Seem to recall seeing that UF was off to a very good start in the portal. Even though he looks to be a great fit for our program, my money is on the gators with this one.

All in all.
Franklin has talent. His velocity likely got him the cape invite more than his results.
Tall (6'5) kid
Is a local kid who would love to wear orange.
Would be a bullpen guy, that would be a change of pace behind a lefty starter
I would not expect a huge season unless Frank finds a hidden turbo switch.
If he wants to be a starter, he likely needs to go somewhere else.

21 Appearances as a KSU Owl (solid program)
His appearances against P5 Schools

2/24 @ Clemson 0.1 inn 2H 0 runs
3/10 @ Kentucky 1.0 inn 2H 1R 1ER 2BB 1 SO
4/9 @ UGA 0.1 inn 2H 1R 1ER 2BB

His 2024 stats 5.60 ERA 4-1 1 start 5 saves 27.1 IP 17 ER 27 BB 43 SO .212 BAVG 7 WP 3 HBP 1 Balk

He has let on too many free runners with walks and wild pitches.

Last edited:
Gotta think portal guys will look at our roster turn over and see us in a rebuild mode next season and see a better shot at Omaha somewhere else. I think we'll be seen middle of the pack in the SEC going into next year.
Top third. A comfortable starting position that seems to fit the mold.

My thoughts with Kilen deciding between Tennessee and Florida:

If I’m not mistaken, Florida’s middle infield is full. I think Kurland is back at 2nd and they had Blake Cyr from Miami commit a few weeks ago who will probably go to SS.

Seems like an obvious answer from Kilen🤷‍♂️

I wonder if Gavin Gilen would consider Kentucky.

Would he feel comfortable not only with the head coach but also the choreography assistant.?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
My thoughts with Kilen deciding between Tennessee and Florida:

If I’m not mistaken, Florida’s middle infield is full. I think Kurland is back at 2nd and they had Blake Cyr from Miami commit a few weeks ago who will probably go to SS.

Seems like an obvious answer from Kilen🤷‍♂️
We're not exactly empty in the middle infield.

Dean could play 3rd, SS, 2b
Ariel was expected to be our starting SS and we really haven't had a chance to see him bat consistently due to energy. And I really like the kid.

Not sure Kilen's batting numbers are worth recruiting over those guys.

His fielding percentage is .953- not eye popping but is better than Dean's .935

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We're not exactly empty in the middle infield.

Dean could play 3rd, SS, 2b
Ariel was expected to be our starting SS and we really haven't had a chance to see him bat consistently due to energy. And I really like the kid.

Not sure Kilen's batting numbers are worth recruiting over those guys.
Our infield has a hole, which is probably 2B. Dean is going to 3B and AA is going to SS almost certainly. Kilen is a top 5 portal guy and Tony is strongly pursuing him. I’m not sure how he could be considered to be someone who is “not worth recruiting” over guys who already have spots in the left side of the infield.

VN Store

Back