2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

UConn doesn’t play in a tough enough league. They have the talent but they are not used to being challenged. When they get deep in the tournament anymore it shows. They have limited ability to play under duress in a tight game the last couple seasons.
never has been a problem for them over the years too weak a league in recent years their problems have been multi injuries and not strong enough at center position

But when the team has to match up against a traditional wide body post or Cardosa-like freak of nature, it won't be 6'1 (maybe 140 pound) Aoydele, barring an emergecy. It will be Latham and Hollingshead.

I don't think anyone is saying that she will be guarding the opponent center but she is one injury away from needing to guard their four position.

Looking at LSU, they will probably trot out ADR at the 5 and we will guard with Spearman/Hollingshead. Smith will be their other post and we'll counter with Latham/Puckett.

Prior to getting Aoydele, one injury, one player in full trouble and Tess would be guarding a player like Smith for significant minutes in this style of basketball. That is why I think getting Aoydele was so important after whiffing in Barker and Douda.

No disagreement. It does seem that CKC approach is not going to deploy traditional positions. The whole debate began with a claim from someone that this signing is essential for our post depth, where the team is only one injury away from disaster. Since, the LVs have many players who will be hitting the boards and scoring in the paint, it seemed that claim could only apply to Hollingshead who had been the teams (converted) traditional post player. But when the team has to match up against a traditional wide body post or Cardosa-like freak of nature, it won't be 6'1 (maybe 140 pound) Aoydele, barring an emergecy. It will be Latham and Hollingshead. Post defense is going to be the team's potential Achille's heel. They will have to use a lot of fronting and double teaming and then hope to get blazing fast close-outs on the open players (or never the opposing team get past half court with the press, which seems to be the utopian plan). But let us all agree that Rapuluchi Ayodele is one of the best, if not the best names in WCBB.

I don't think anyone is saying that she will be guarding the opponent center but she is one injury away from needing to guard their four position.

Looking at LSU, they will probably trot out ADR at the 5 and we will guard with Spearman/Hollingshead. Smith will be their other post and we'll counter with Latham/Puckett.

Prior to getting Aoydele, one injury, one player in full trouble and Tess would be guarding a player like Smith for significant minutes in this style of basketball. That is why I think getting Aoydele was so important after whiffing in Barker and Douda.

I think that CKC is banking entirely on speed andif she has the nerve to stay with it when its not working at that moment she may be able to get the girls to play through the barrier.

What will be key in this upcoming season will be who dictates the matchup.
If CKC lets the opponent dictate the matchups it will be difficult
If she can dictate the matchup by overwhelming the opponent it will be a breeze.

It is when she cannot dictate the pace and matchup that it will become a coach-chess match...This is where the last two coaches failed miserably. Once a team had us on our backs it was defeat-city. Only on the rare occasion did we fight out of it.

This is the scenario I am so looking forward to...4 min to go, back and forth all game, 3 pt game,,,two timeouts left,,,This is the scenario that will tell me the most about our new coach

In that scenario, we would likely see Puckett who is pretty strong and defends down low reasonably well. It’s on the perimeter where she gets exposed.

Reactions: VOLSanon

VN Store

Back