2024 Vols will have the best d-line in the country....BY FAR

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Just watched some of the early footage from day 1 of fall camp and it looks like we have a loaded roster. Talent all over the field. But the group that stands out above the rest is the d-line. It's insane how much talent and depth we have at that position. We literally can go 3-deep at every defensive line position with guys who are quality SEC starters and potential future pros. I don't think there's a team in the country that comes close to our talent level on the defensive line.

2 guys who stood out to me that could have breakout seasons were #97 Jayson Jenkins and #29 Jordan Ross. Both look like grown men. Ross being a true freshman and already looking like the most impressive physical specimen on the d-line is crazy. I think he ends up being better than James Pearce when it's all said and done.

Just watched some of the early footage from day 1 of fall camp and it looks like we have a loaded roster. Talent all over the field. But the group that stands out above the rest is the d-line. It's insane how much talent and depth we have at that position. We literally can go 3-deep at every defensive line position with guys who are quality SEC starters and potential future pros. I don't think there's a team in the country that comes close to our talent level on the defensive line.

2 guys who stood out to me that could have breakout seasons were #97 Jayson Jenkins and #29 Jordan Ross. Both look like grown men. Ross being a true freshman and already looking like the most impressive physical specimen on the d-line is crazy. I think he ends up being better than James Pearce when it's all said and done.
Seriously...have you been in prison? Rehab? where did you disappear to for so long?

giphy.gif

You watched a few minutes of video and make these kinds of conclusions. You just can't change... can you?

As much as I like Dobbs, he's been a career back up ever since you declared he would unseat an all-pro. You have been wrong about the vast majority of things you've said. Why keep looking like a fool?

FTR, UT has a very good DL. Part of the reason is that they have some guys who came back because they were not going to be drafted. Some are talented. UT does have quality DLs 3 deep. So why not just be satisfied with something that is frankly very satisfying?

so..."Pearce Jr 4 Heisman"?

There's every reason to believe we will have some very competitive D-Line play. Having said that you launching into the whole

"I don't think there's a team in the country that comes close to our talent level on the defensive line."

fairly reeks of the tsunami of hyperbole you've washed over this board before with less than stellar results. FWIW I hope you're right. Hell, we ALL do. Just maybe measure this approach you're taking against historical precedent. (especially since the team has barely even touched grass for the season at this point)

Did you happen to get a chance to time the long snapper to see where we stand nationally?

You know….

This isn’t even in the top ten craziest things he’s posted.

You got a guy that’s a top five pick likely if he’s stay healthy in Pearce. Big O and ONL probably also are drafted and play on Sunday’s. You’ve got quite a bit of talent and depth at every position with one of the best dline coaches in the country; coach chop who’s the heir apparent aint too shabby either imho. Idk bout by far but I would say Tennessee is definitely in the discussions of most everyone for best dline in the nation

Seriously...have you been in prison? Rehab? where did you disappear to for so long?

I told yall a long time ago. I follow elite talent. Since 2016 we've not been a talented football program. Even 2022 was more scheme based success than us being a talented team with future NFL players all over the field. This squad is back to the level of talent we had in 2015 and 2016. Hence the reason I'm more active on this board.

Reactions: Rejo
You watched a few minutes of video and make these kinds of conclusions. You just can't change... can you?

It doesn't take long to spot elite talent. If you read the practice reports that came out AFTER I made my post even the guys who cover the team said Jordan Ross looked like the most impressive physical specimen out there despite being a true freshman.

You don't need to see a guy like Ross for long to know he'll be great. Supreme talent is pretty evident early on.

Reactions: Volanta

I love it! Keep it comin!

VN Store

Back