2024 Vols will have the best d-line in the country....BY FAR

It doesn't take long to spot elite talent.
Oh, that's why NFL scouts watch 10 second clips then decide who to draft, right? Or maybe you're just that much better than the guys doing those evals?
You are a marvel... a veritable unicorn. Somehow you find a way to be vain and a fool at the same time.
If you read the practice reports that came out AFTER I made my post even the guys who cover the team said Jordan Ross looked like the most impressive physical specimen out there despite being a true freshman.
And? You don't think that UGA, Bama, Texas, OSU, et al have some impressive physical specimens? You don't think the guys covering UT's practices "feed" the fans with those practice reports? That may be MORE foolish than your claims of expertise.
You don't need to see a guy like Ross for long to know he'll be great. Supreme talent is pretty evident early on.
First, you haven't "seen" him. The coaches have seen more than you and probably wouldn't jump to the conclusions you have.

Again, you've been wrong about almost everything. Why keep looking like a fool? Why can't you express excitement and optimism without such extreme hyperbole?

I told yall a long time ago. I follow elite talent. Since 2016 we've not been a talented football program. Even 2022 was more scheme based success than us being a talented team with future NFL players all over the field. This squad is back to the level of talent we had in 2015 and 2016. Hence the reason I'm more active on this board.
Ok. So who have you been following since 2016?

Ok, so maybe it’s a bit far fetched to think TN has the best D-line in the country this season. However, it’s not so crazy to think that the D-line will be much improved. I’m not sure on depth, but there are a few really good players there.

I’ll say also that IMO TN has a much better chance to make the Playoff than many think. If the Vols win the games that they should and then just win 1 between OK, GA, and Bama, I think they will very likely be in.

I know, easier said than done. Most teams usually lose one that they shouldn’t. That’s often the separation between very good teams and championship contenders. Still though, it feels like a realistic possibility, and trust me I know the difference between hoping for the best and being excited for the best. You guys are potentially getting back to being true contenders, and 2022 likely wasn’t an anomaly.🤮 Excuse me😂 that one stuck in my throat. Seriously though, I say all this sincerely.

I told yall a long time ago. I follow elite talent. Since 2016 we've not been a talented football program. Even 2022 was more scheme based success than us being a talented team with future NFL players all over the field. This squad is back to the level of talent we had in 2015 and 2016. Hence the reason I'm more active on this board.
lol. The 2015 and 2016 team didn’t have a Bilitnekoff winner and Heisman front runner at QB. The talent of the 2022 team was superior to the 2015 and 2016 teams.

Oh, that's why NFL scouts watch 10 second clips then decide who to draft, right? Or maybe you're just that much better than the guys doing those evals?
You are a marvel... a veritable unicorn. Somehow you find a way to be vain and a fool at the same time.

And? You don't think that UGA, Bama, Texas, OSU, et al have some impressive physical specimens? You don't think the guys covering UT's practices "feed" the fans with those practice reports? That may be MORE foolish than your claims of expertise.

First, you haven't "seen" him. The coaches have seen more than you and probably wouldn't jump to the conclusions you have.

Again, you've been wrong about almost everything. Why keep looking like a fool? Why can't you express excitement and optimism without such extreme hyperbole?

Ever heard the saying "he's the first guy off the bus." Obviously we have to see the guys play. But generally speaking if a guy looks like Tarzan he's not gonna play like Jane. The best physical specimens tend to be the best players.

And FYI Jordan Ross was the #1 rated edge by most of the recruiting services. So no Alabama and Georgia didn't land a guy like him. We got the best guy.

Ok. So who have you been following since 2016?

Nobody. College football has been devoid of large amounts of elite talent since the 2017-2018 seasons.

I think this year will be different. The true freshman class nationwide looks like it could be elite. And the rising sophomore class looks like they could develop to be elite as well. I'm excited to see the likes of Cam Coleman, Jeremiah Smith, Dylan Raiola, and Arch Manning. These classes are significantly better than 2019-2022 which were subpar.

lol. The 2015 and 2016 team didn’t have a Bilitnekoff winner and Heisman front runner at QB. The talent of the 2022 team was superior to the 2015 and 2016 teams.

No it wasn't. They were just better coached and had more favorable bounces. NFL success will tell us how good those teams were. As of now no player from the 2022 team has been as impactful as Alvin Kamara was in 2017 as a rookie. Also there are a ton of guys from the 2015 and 2016 teams still collecting NFL checks nearly 8 years later. How many guys from the 2022 team do you think will still be in the league in 2030?

For reference sake, Alabama's most talented team under Nick Saban according to most knowledgeable observers was the 2010 team that went 9-3. The fact they had a poor season by Alabama's standards doesn't change the fact that team was loaded from a talent perspective. Same could be said for 2015 Ohio State. That team was more talented than other teams they had in later seasons that made the playoffs.

The most talented teams don't necessarily always win the most games.

No it wasn't. They were just better coached and had more favorable bounces. NFL success will tell us how good those teams were. As of now no player from the 2022 team has been as impactful as Alvin Kamara was in 2017 as a rookie. Also there are a ton of guys from the 2015 and 2016 teams still collecting NFL checks nearly 8 years later. How many guys from the 2022 team do you think will still be in the league in 2030?

For reference sake, Alabama's most talented team under Nick Saban according to most knowledgeable observers was the 2010 team that went 9-3. The fact they had a poor season by Alabama's standards doesn't change the fact that team was loaded from a talent perspective. Same could be said for 2015 Ohio State. That team was more talented than other teams they had in later seasons that made the playoffs.

The most talented teams don't necessarily always win the most games.
Wrong as usual. Talent wins out way more often than not. Can’t blame 2016 solely on coaching. The team simply did not live up to what it should have. Our 2022 team was the most talented we have had since 2001. I realize you weren’t watching back then so you have no clue.

This prediction isn’t that good this Time… This has been a talking point for awhile now. I need something more random and outlandish.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Well, I would say that Tennessee has a great shot at being a top 5 defensive line nationally. The can't do it alone though, the new secondary has to pick it up. With this much depth I think that finding a quality pass rusher opposite of Pierce is likely to happen. Health is obviously key too. Could they be number 1? Sure. Time will tell.

Ever heard the saying "he's the first guy off the bus." Obviously we have to see the guys play. But generally speaking if a guy looks like Tarzan he's not gonna play like Jane. The best physical specimens tend to be the best players.

And FYI Jordan Ross was the #1 rated edge by most of the recruiting services. So no Alabama and Georgia didn't land a guy like him. We got the best guy.
If I remember correctly, Dee Beckwith was referred to as a "physical specimen".

Nobody. College football has been devoid of large amounts of elite talent since the 2017-2018 seasons.

I think this year will be different. The true freshman class nationwide looks like it could be elite. And the rising sophomore class looks like they could develop to be elite as well. I'm excited to see the likes of Cam Coleman, Jeremiah Smith, Dylan Raiola, and Arch Manning. These classes are significantly better than 2019-2022 which were subpar.
You are the absolute worst kind of fan.

I know D4H has overblown some players and I Don't know if Our Vols will have have the best DL in country but I will say this Vols will have One of the Best for sure. Even Cole Cublic who understands Line of Scrimmage Play said The Vols have the best DL in SEC which means you are One of the Best in Country. He also said our OL was 3rd best in league. So Going into this season Tennessee Vols in His Opinion has One of the best LOS in the Country. In CHRIST Alone

Wrong as usual. Talent wins out way more often than not. Can’t blame 2016 solely on coaching. The team simply did not live up to what it should have. Our 2022 team was the most talented we have had since 2001. I realize you weren’t watching back then so you have no clue.

If this is true then shouldn't it translate to the NFL? I see reports of Hendon Hooker struggling in Lions camp and potentially being 3rd on the depth chart. Jalin Hyatt had 0 TDs last year. And so on. If the 2022 team was more talented than the 2015 and 2016 teams then we should see that in the NFL.

I'm willing to bet in 8 years there will be less Vols from the 2022 team collecting NFL checks than guys from the 2016 team who are collecting NFL checks right now.

Well, I would say that Tennessee has a great shot at being a top 5 defensive line nationally. The can't do it alone though, the new secondary has to pick it up. With this much depth I think that finding a quality pass rusher opposite of Pierce is likely to happen. Health is obviously key too. Could they be number 1? Sure. Time will tell.

Joshua Josephs, Caleb Herring, and Jordan Ross all look like NFL caliber pass rushers. I think the edge rusher position is the strongest position group on the entire team. I expect all 4 of these guys to be drafted in the first 3-4 rounds with Pearce and Ross being surefire 1st rounders.

VN Store

Back