2024 win projections

HooahVol

https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg...4-season#gid=ci02d5e4f3300025c5&pid=tennessee

Projected wins: 8.5

Our pick: Over. Games against Georgia and Alabama are always tough for the Vols, as is the Florida game, but a choice roster led by quarterback Nico Iamaleava should keep this team within striking distance all season, with 8 wins the bare minimum here. A date at OU early on is critical.

I know a lot could happen with injuries and possibly Nico underperforms but I am really struggling to see more than 3 losses. Honestly, we have a pretty favorable schedule overall (look at Florida's for comparison, yikes!). Do I think we can beat Georgia, Bama and Oklahoma? Not all three but I could easily see us picking one of those up especially with the changes in Tuscaloosa. Remember, Bama, Kentucky and Florida are all at Neyland so massive advantage there. We do not play Missouri this year. Again, I am not saying we will be perfect but I am about to put my money where my mouth is and pick the over on 8.5.

8-9 wins sounds about right. We always struggle with Florida no matter how bad their team is perceived to be, Georgia will be tough as usual, Bama will probably still be very good, and Oklahoma is a toss up.

Last edited:
Reactions: njvols
I'm never going to pass up some Gator suffering, but I freely acknowledge their 2024 is the worst schedule I've ever seen in a football season.

Much like Tennessee's annual tilt with Alabama has put the Vols behind the eight ball during the Saban era, Florida's annual tilt with FSU has them a huge disadvantage right now. Then you add Miami and the sudden addition of Texas and OU, and it's the perfect storm of scheduling disaster for them.

On the other hand, if UF claws its way to 6-7 wins, I would have to think that's a huge win in their book. All considering. The wonders of a murderer's row SEC.

Florida is a must win for us to make the CFP. I don’t know that there’s a scenario, other than going 11-1 where we go to the CFP w/ a Gator loss on the resume. Their schedule is brutal and they could easily be under .500 again.

Beat Florida and going some combo of 1-2 vs OU, Bama and UGA probably gets us in the CFP.

Regarding Tennessee, the dog and I had an early discussion and prediction. But that was before the transfer and NFL lure was cast. We haven't sat down to reevaluate our new take yet. Mainly because the cracked crystal isn't responding. It currently displays weird occasional lightning flashes. My theory is the ball is conferring with the Vorlons and Cylon Council, a rather unusual alliance.

Attachments

• Ballgif1.gif
    Ballgif1.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
We will in my opinion only lose to Bama,Dawgs and Sooners but could possibly beat 1 or 2 of them!We should win the rest,Im saying 10-2 record!!People are under estimating the Vols!
Alabama? Seriously? At home with a first year coach that already can’t keep assistants? You may be right but I think Tennessee gets some serious azz whipping on Alabama this season.

Offhand, I got us going 9-3.

We will beat one of OU, Bama, or Georgia

Loss to somebody we should beat like a red headed step child keeps us outta the playoffs-probably Florida.

Is 9-3 a disappointment? I'm beginning to think so. I hate to hype nico up but my goodness everyone says he's going to immediately be a star. Do the WRs live up to the hype? Will the rushing attack take a step back? Will the secondary be the same or better or will everyone be new somehow be even more of a disaster?

VN Store

Back