2024 win projections

I honestly think it's most probable that we go 10-2, give or take a game. I think we will win the Oklahoma game as Jackson Arnold looked underwhelming in thier bowl game, and we will likely will be favored in the Alabama game as we play them in Neyland. Even if things go bad, I think 9-3 is the floor. Seems like easy money to me to take the over.

8-4 with losses to OU, Bama , Georgia and Arkansas, I think we beat Florida at home but as we have tended to do under Heupel we lay a egg on the road and that will be to Arkansas in Sam Pittman’s last stand in Fayetteville.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
I think 9-3 is definitely the most likely outcome. There won't be any undefeated teams except UGA if we cant pull off the upset and of course the Buckeyes because as always they play nobody that could even beat Kentucky in their entire season except perhaps Michigan. Ever.

If we catch some breaks and avoid serious injuries we could go 10-2 which is an AUTOMATIC playoff berth in the SEC now that its 12 teams. Making the tournament is ALL that ANYONE from any fanbase can ask for in the foreseeable future without being ridiculous. Regardless of what a small braindead portion of our fanbase thinks (whose memories apparently began new 3 years ago) theres no " hotseat" for Coach Hype or any other coach not named Ryan Day with a playoff appearance in any given season. Hell if Coach Hype can get us in that 12 team playoff even half the time he will be the best and most successful Tennessee coach not named Neyland the very 1st time he brings home a Championship.

We have a great coach guys, and there isnt a better one out there available post Saban. We are lucky to have him, and regardless of how ridiculous some of the expectations are around here he isnt going anywhere any time soon. Dont mind my opinion though....listen to what Coach Cutcliffe had to say about him unprompted on Dave Hookers show. Our offense keeps setting records every year under him. Did yall know that this is the 1st Tennessee team to EVER average 200 yards or more rushing for 3 years in a row since they have been keeping yardage stats? Fulmer never pulled that off. With those MONSTER classes we had in the 90s. He has reset just about all of the stats for scoring, yardage, you name it. In his 1st three years at UT. The defense has also improved markedly every season he has been here as our talent there has increased. We got a good one. GO VOLS

Then Heupel isn't the guy. 8-4 in year 4 is a failure.
I disagree our schedule is pretty tough along with breaking in a new QB and losing alot from last season at key positions. 8-4 or 9-3 sound about right to me. I think 2025 and 2026 is where we seriously challenge for a playoff spot.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg...4-season#gid=ci02d5e4f3300025c5&pid=tennessee

I know a lot could happen with injuries and possibly Nico underperforms but I am really struggling to see more than 3 losses. Honestly, we have a pretty favorable schedule overall (look at Florida's for comparison, yikes!). Do I think we can beat Georgia, Bama and Oklahoma? Not all three but I could easily see us picking one of those up especially with the changes in Tuscaloosa. Remember, Bama, Kentucky and Florida are all at Neyland so massive advantage there. We do not play Missouri this year. Again, I am not saying we will be perfect but I am about to put my money where my mouth is and pick the over on 8.5.

8 wins is the floor while 11 wins is the ceiling.

This is tough to do with a new QB.

But if Nico is as good as advertised then 10-2 should be in play. That’s enough to get us into the playoff but not in the SEC championship.

From there who knows. A good draw and a favorable environment and anything could happen.

When them all till we don’t. I care not to concede any game before it is played. The play on the field will decide it all. Most projections by folks are wrong more than right it’s what Vegas banks on. GBO!

This is tough to do with a new QB.

But if Nico is as good as advertised then 10-2 should be in play. That’s enough to get us into the playoff but not in the SEC championship.

From there who knows. A good draw and a favorable environment and anything could happen.
Been wondering about this. It seems almost more advantageous to NOT make the SEC champ game as a 10-2 if you are looking solid for the playoffs. If you lose, you have 3 losses and and probably fall out/get jumped by another 10-2 team. If you win, you are guaranteed in. Risk vs reward I guess.

8-4 with losses to OU, Bama , Georgia and Arkansas, I think we beat Florida at home but as we have tended to do under Heupel we lay a egg on the road and that will be to Arkansas in Sam Pittman’s last stand in Fayetteville.
Agree, we lay a egg every year for sure.

Reactions: DarkVolder
If we lose to Arkansas this year then Josh Heupel is not the guy moving forward.

I disagree our schedule is pretty tough along with breaking in a new QB and losing alot from last season at key positions. 8-4 or 9-3 sound about right to me. I think 2025 and 2026 is where we seriously challenge for a playoff spot.
For a playoff stop??? He better be at least be in the final 4.

As in every preseason, 12-0 til they ain’t. The Vols play every game to win it, and as long as there’s time on the clock, I’m cheering them on! Corny? Probably. Unrealistic? Maybe, but college football is hope eternal, and as a Vols fan for 50+ years, I’ve earned my optimism.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Ask the producers for the Simpsons to do an episode on the Vols that predicts our 2024 season. They just might be crazy enough to do it.

Reactions: UTblood4life
Been wondering about this. It seems almost more advantageous to NOT make the SEC champ game as a 10-2 if you are looking solid for the playoffs. If you lose, you have 3 losses and and probably fall out/get jumped by another 10-2 team. If you win, you are guaranteed in. Risk vs reward I guess.
What about the wear on the athletes playing the extra game vs what will be a physical game knowing 4 more possible games in a playoff. Only 3 if you win and get a bye. Hate losing traditions but more SEC seasons had just a regular season winner.

Too much money to be made to go back to that but losing in the SEC championship game makes for a tough road. Would rather have a first round home game.

I think we may have a better team in 25 but I think we may never get an easier overall schedule than 24. Time to bust down the door, go 10-2 and make the playoffs.

If we lose to Alabama and Florida, we gotta reevaluate what we are doing. Alabama and Florida should not win in Knoxville this year. We drop Georgia and maybe OU because they are away? Ok but not to Bama and Florida.

If we lose to Alabama and Florida, we gotta reevaluate what we are doing. Alabama and Florida should not win in Knoxville this year. We drop Georgia and maybe OU because they are away? Ok but not to Bama and Florida.

I agree about Florida but i see some folks around here are really confused about Bama...if we win that 1 it will be a hard fought game against a team that still has a more talented roster than we do according to the recruiting services. Saban didnt get fired and that team didnt self destruct ....they made the 4 team playoff and were a play or 2 from beating the eventual Champion. Bama isnt "down" like a lot of folks around here seem to think. The Vegas line on that game will probably be a "pick em" and thats with us getting 3 points for home field advantage.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol

VN Store

Back