2025 Recruiting

Still makes no sense to me. That is a real hooper. I feel like her timid/introverted personality worked against her. She’s not into all the BS in the W, just wants to ball.
Was Rennia injured her first year of the WNBA?
Rennia was drafted by the Lynx but missed her rookie season w a stress fracture in her foot. She played in just one game for the Lynx the next year before they waived her. She was picked up by the Fever but lasted only 7 games before being waived again. She's been invited to training camps by a couple of teams, including the Sun, but has never stuck. She's probably outside the window of opportunity at this point.

Don't think it had anything to do w politics or her personality. That many teams wouldn't have passed on her if she could have contributed. I don't think people realize how truly elite players have to be to make teams, stick w them, and play regularly or start.

Rennia was drafted by the Lynx but missed her rookie season w a stress fracture in her foot. She played in just one game for the Lynx the next year before they waived her. She was picked up by the Fever but lasted only 7 games before being waived again. She's been invited to training camps by a couple of teams, including the Sun, but has never stuck. She's probably outside the window of opportunity at this point.

Don't think it had anything to do w politics or her personality. That many teams wouldn't have passed on her if she could have contributed. I don't think people realize how truly elite players have to be to make teams, stick w them, and play regularly or start.

Everything in the W has to do with politics and personality.

Have you been watching? Christ lol

I largely agree but I do think a little bit of situational luck comes into play. I would bet that Rennia could be an equal contributor to a number of players who are sitting in deep in a WNBA team's rotation.

A player needs a coach who "sees" something in them. Coaches often look for players who are really good at a specific skill-- you may be my #9 player but I know you can get me a steal, or a rebound, etc when I put you in.

Rennia was a good all-round player but was not really great at any one aspect of the game.

Last edited:
I largely agree but I do think a little bit of situational luck comes into play. I would bet that Rennia could be an equal contributor to a number of players who are sitting in deep in a WNBA team's rotation.

A player needs a coach who "sees" something in them. Coaches often look for players who are really good at a specific skill-- you may be my #9 player but I know you can get me a steal, or a rebound, etc when I put you in.

Rennia was a good all-round player but was not really great at any one aspect of the game.
She always rebound at a high level(@ UT) for her position

She always rebound at a high level(@ UT) for her position
Fair. I was just speculating as to why she has had trouble sticking in the W despite being a first round pick.

She played for Gydnia in the Polish league in the 2023-24 season and averaged 18 pts and 8 rebounds per game which are nice numbers but the level of competition is probably a few notches below the WNBA.

I was just speculating as to why she has had trouble sticking in the W despite being a first round pick.
There’s a thread for that…

and it ain’t 2025 Recruiting

😉🤙🏼

Edit: I went back to see where “we” wandered off, cause I was part of the problem my own self. We had drifted into strength of rosters based on longevity in WNBA

Last edited:
2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#11 Dee Alexander to Cincinati
#30 Aubrey Beckham to Georgia
#5 Divine Bourrage to LSU
#14 Nyla Brooks To NC
#1 Aaliyah Chavez not top 6
#40 Jaida Civil
#3 Jasmine Davidson
#27 Madison Francis
#79 Lena Girardi not in her top 5
#41 Holland Harris To Clemson
#63 Layla Hayes not top 8
#21 Taliyah Henderson To N.Carolina
#35 Lauren Hurst
#45 Adelaide Jernigan not in top 3
#7 Zakiyah Johnson not in her top 6
#8 Grace Knox
Alyssa Koerkenmeier to St. Louis U.
#57 Destiny Lunan
#12 Leah Macy to ND
#17 Brynn McGaughy To Washington
#50 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#23 Keeley Parks
#13 Mia Pauldo To Tennessee!
#49 Mya Pauldo To Tennessee!
#15 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#31 Lara Somfai not in top 3
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#56 Janiyah Williams To Oregon

2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#11 Dee Alexander to Cincinati
#30 Aubrey Beckham to Georgia
#5 Divine Bourrage to LSU
#14 Nyla Brooks To NC
#1 Aaliyah Chavez not top 6
#40 Jaida Civil
#3 Jasmine Davidson
#27 Madison Francis
#79 Lena Girardi to Oklahoma State
#41 Holland Harris To Clemson
#63 Layla Hayes not top 8
#21 Taliyah Henderson To N.Carolina
#35 Lauren Hurst
#45 Adelaide Jernigan not in top 3
#7 Zakiyah Johnson not in her top 6
#8 Grace Knox
Alyssa Koerkenmeier to St. Louis U.
#57 Destiny Lunan
#12 Leah Macy to ND
#17 Brynn McGaughy To Washington
#50 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#23 Keeley Parks
#13 Mia Pauldo To Tennessee!
#49 Mya Pauldo To Tennessee!
#15 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#31 Lara Somfai not in top 3
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#56 Janiyah Williams To Oregon

W

We can still get The Twins and Niya! Who I think is a top 5 player in this class!
We’d need to flip Nyla as she’s verbally committed to UNC. We’ll see. I can’t see Kim expending the resources to affect a flip. She wants sisters that want to be SheVols. Send them to Danny…

I’m hoping for at least a couple more to go along with the twins (who I think make us elite at PG in the near future). I’m a big fan of Hurst. If you like Puckett, and I do, you’ll love Hurst! Puckett is so skilled, smart, and a matchup nightmare, but Hurst is all that but a better shooter, better athlete, with the skills/IQ to match.

I’ll add they both are tough as nails and work extremely hard too!

From mcannon1's list, but formatted differently:

# 3 Jasmine Davidson
# 8 Grace Knox
# 9 Emilee Skinner
#13 Mia Pauldo to Tennessee!
#15 Deniya Prawl
#23 Keeley Parks
#27 Madison Francis
#35 Lauren Hurst
#40 Jaida Civil
#49 Mya Pauldo to Tennessee!
#57 Destiny Lunan

(culled from the great, unwashed herd)
I just watched Jazzy Davidson & Sienna Betts (Knights) go against The Twins (Double Dynasty) and I must say I was impressed with Jazzy Davidson and Sienna Betts! They are elite for sure. They can score from anywhere on the court and they will be a problem as a freshman in college.

I think the best player on the court was Kate Harping. She can flat out do it all. You name it...she can do it.

Once again though, The Pauldo Twins were the catalyst. They got everything going for their team. I was one of those ones who was like these girls are too short for the SEC or the SEC will eat them alive...well they have won me over because they aren't afraid of anything or anyone.

The pace these girls play is exactly what Coach Caldwell wants. Mya Pauldo was draining threes early on but Mia Pauldo just steals the spotlight from everybody. Her quickness and elite handle can get her by anyone with ease.

These girls are TOUGH!

Double Dynasty moves to 3-0 and they are headed to the Championship game. They'll play tomorrow. Catch the game on YouTube. Overtime Select channel.

VN Store

Back