2025 Recruiting

And none were committed.. I seriously think some people have an unhealthy obsession with creating a false narrative about this basketball program. It is just out of touch with reality. Really unnecessary.

Reactions: Orange007
And none were committed.. I seriously think some people have an unhealthy obsession with creating a false narrative about this basketball program. It is just out of touch with reality. Really unnecessary.
I agree with you on:
"I seriously think some people have an unhealthy obsession with creating a false narrative about this basketball program. It is just out of touch with reality."
Now, what posters could this possibly apply to ?
Self-awareness, a lost art in the now defunct WinnerCircle.

Maybe Nyla will still come to the LVs. She seems very loyal so she's hurting bigtime for KJH right now. But if she'll give Kim a chance to talk to her she could possibly win her back over. Nyla seems to have lots of love for the program itself.

I'm being crazy optimistic here bc Brooks is so important. I get decommits happen w coaching changes and you can't stop the world for one kid. But like everything around this hire, this one is super risky. Nyla is exactly the highly rated hs recruit we need.
Her uncle is upset that they haven’t heard from Kim yet, although it’s only been a couple of days

Reactions: happy9305 and glv98
Lets go! Coach Caldwell hit a home-run with her introductory press-conference. “Every recruit that she texts has responded!”

It’s time.. GBO!

Her uncle is upset that they haven’t heard from Kim yet, although it’s only been a couple of days
Don't blame him. I know it's only been a few days but things move very quickly at this level. That's why not having a recruiting coordinator in place is harmful. That needs to happen today. I recall Jordan Horston's Mom saying Kellie called them they day after she was hired.

Don't blame him. I know it's only been a few days but things move very quickly at this level. That's why not having a recruiting coordinator in place is harmful. That needs to happen today. I recall Jordan Horston's Mom saying Kellie called them they day after she was hired.
I have so many thoughts, but at the risk of being called a negavol by anonymous posters on the internet i will refrain 🤐.

We’ll know a lot if Jewel hops into that portal as well.

I have so many thoughts, but at the risk of being called a negavol by anonymous posters on the internet i will refrain 🤐.

We’ll know a lot if Jewel hops into that portal as well.
I wish we weren't so heavily emphasizing such a specific "style", espec one that features minute limitations, in this hire. Yes uptempo is exciting, but adding all those details gives players one more decision. Not only do I like the new coach, etc., but do I fit in this specialized "style" and am I ok with 25 mins.

Also I wonder if some of our players might be holding out to see if Kellie gets a job somewhere . . .

I wish we weren't emphasizing such a specific "style" espec one that features minute limitation in this hire. Yes uptempo is exciting, but adding all those details gives players one more decision. Not only do I like the new coach, etc., but do I fit in this specialized "style".

Also I wonder if some of our players might be holding out to see if Kellie gets a job somewhere . . .
I also wondered that. Partner was like, why would they want to go to Marquette? But if they think this style of play will be unsuccessful and/or they don’t want to play it plus they have an existing relationship with Kellie, Sam, and/or Joy they may opt to spend their last year with someone they know and like just having fun. Most of our players don’t have a future in the WNBA so this is just for fun and for networking. All three of the coaches on our former staff have more extensive D1 and Lady Vols ties than our new coach.

Horston was a bit different. She was an incoming freshman and expected on campus in a few months. Nyla still hadn’t signed her NIL.

I wish we weren't so heavily emphasizing such a specific "style", espec one that features minute limitations, in this hire. Yes uptempo is exciting, but adding all those details gives players one more decision. Not only do I like the new coach, etc., but do I fit in this specialized "style" and am I ok with 25 mins.

I also want to know more about her philosophy on student and player development. I firmly believe if you work in a higher education setting your number one priority is development of young adults so they reach whatever their goal is. Dawn is successful because she realizes that and treats her players as whole people, connecting players with the Honors College for example. Y’all should be proud of how I am tempering my thoughts right now 🤣🤣

announced as new coach yesterday and no new commitments today? Gosh, what is wrong with our new coach; or is it our fans who are not rational.

Reactions: PRG and Mafiaboss
Horston was a bit different. She was an incoming freshman and expected on campus in a few months. Nyla still hadn’t signed her NIL.
Agree to disagree. Horston and Brooks are similar in being vital elite recruits who can lay a foundation. And Nyla was 100% going to sign that NIL. Wasn't Horston free to disregard the NIL due to the coaching change? Was that in effect then?

LOL at the irony of Brenda Frese being the first one in on Nyla.

Agree to disagree. Horston and Brooks are similar in being vital elite recruits who can lay a foundation. And Nyla was 100% going to sign that NIL. Wasn't Horston free to disregard the NIL due to the coaching change? Was that in effect then?

LOL at the irony of Brenda Frese being the first one in on Nyla.
It makes sense that a player that the last staff had made their highest priority(we had no one else) would want to be treated as the highest priority by the new staff. Not saying it’s right to expect a call already, but it makes sense.

Isn't it just fans on a message board emphasizing that style though? Is CKC actually telling recruits that? Like, if you come here you'll never get more than 25 minutes no matter what? She doesn't even know what her roster will look like yet, and I'm sure she can and will adapt according to roster, opponent, in game situations, etc. I wouldn't get too hung up on that. There is plenty of time before next season.

Last edited:
If Brooks and her uncle are this needy I’m not sure that’s the direction we need to go. The girl has an entire year of HS left. She could be patient and give an adult who just took a major job a few days to get things lined out.

Instead her uncles Twitter fingers are running wild. No thanks.

Last edited:
If Brooks and her uncle at this needy I’m not sure that’s the direction we need to go. The girl has an entire year of HS left. She could be patient and give and adult who just took a major job a few days to get things lined out.

Instead her uncles Twitter fingers are running wild. No thanks.
Eh. Given our lack of elite recruits, I would fall all over myself trying to land them, particularly with how eager Nyla is to recruit her peers. Kids are needy, perhaps even more so now, and this is likely why you’re seeing some coaches retire. They don’t want to deal with it, but coaches like Brenda Frese realize it’s the new reality. Money, attention, and playing time.

Isn't it just fans on a message board emphasizing that style though? Is CKC actually telling recruits that? Like, if you come here you'll never get more than 25 minutes no matter what? She doesn't even know what her roster will look like yet, and I'm sure she can and will adapt according to roster, opponent, in game situations, etc. I wouldn't get too hung up on that. There is plenty of time before next season.
Nah, UTAD has made that style the headline of the hire. All their social media output has featured it and it was the first thing AD talked about in the presser yesterday. Basically hanging their hat on it, which is why several of the reporters asked about it.

As far as minutes, if anyone thinks that's not high on any recruit's google list regarding this coach I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
Nah, UTAD has made that style the headline of the hire. All their social media output has featured it and it was the first thing AD talked about in the presser yesterday. Basically hanging their hat on it, which is why several of the reporters asked about it.

As far as minutes, if anyone thinks that's not high on any recruit's google list regarding this coach I don't know what to tells you.
They even asked Jewel if she thought this was the future of women’s basketball and she was like, uh yeah sure 😭

I also wondered that. Partner was like, why would they want to go to Marquette? But if they think this style of play will be unsuccessful and/or they don’t want to play it plus they have an existing relationship with Kellie, Sam, and/or Joy they may opt to spend their last year with someone they know and like just having fun. Most of our players don’t have a future in the WNBA so this is just for fun and for networking. All three of the coaches on our former staff have more extensive D1 and Lady Vols ties than our new coach.
A big motivator might also be to stay together. Strip, Wynn and Puckett have been very close and I can see them leaning toward wherever they can stay togeher their final year.

VN Store

Back