2025 Recruiting

So, I posit from these posts that your're not knocking the individual, just their ranking. Correct?

It's a little confusing when you include personal attributes when stating your completely "not personal" opinions.

"Say what you mean and mean what you say.'

The fact Geno and Dawn offered these lower ranked players and NOT Mia, much higher ranked on paper, is revealing. And of course with their loaded rosters these programs can afford a feel good recruit or two.

But I have no intention of "aiming" at the player or the recruitment achievement which is why I said nothing until directly asked if I considered her elite, as in a game changer. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't.

Five years later, the song remains the same. The LVs must sign a top player that will make the other top players notice and make the top programs jealous. So far, except Rickea, that hasn't happened.

What are you talking about? The effort you put into disregarding factual information that you disagree with is really unnecessary.
No point in misconstruing a different perspective just to give your same opinion on the topic to continue stating off base and misleading dialogue.
Nothing you post will take away from what these players have accomplished in high school and the offers they received. Nobody cares about Geno or Dawn offering every player in the Top 20 but you to this degree. Nothing is revealing about a coach offering a commitable offer to a player in the 60s and attempting to spin it to this level to prove a point that is still flawed. He accepted the verbal commit because it was one of his top options. An option that ranks far below both Pauldo twins. An option that just as you seem to think only Geno and Dawn have the capacity to do.. several coaches passed over #68.
Good talk, in my opinion the Pauldo twins are elite in High School.

So, I posit from these posts that your're not knocking the individual, just their ranking. Correct?

It's a little confusing when you include personal attributes when stating your completely "not personal" opinions.

"Say what you mean and mean what you say.'
Not sure if you're responding to me or Will83. But none of my opinions include personal attributes unless you consider height one. BC I don't really care their personal individual attributes outside their games. If their personal stuff passes the Kim Caldwell test, which it obviously does, I'm fine with it and don't take it in consideration.

And, it's my opinion that your opinion is ridiculous.

Makes no sense at all! And the “few” who feel it’s everything they would have said still have yet to share one piece of factual information from a basketball standpoint to support how the 2025 commits are not elite High School prospects.
There is a bullet list of material that shows they are elite.
I guess we have to wait and read for the revealing of facts.

Makes no sense at all! And the “few” who feel it’s everything they would have said still have yet to share one piece of factual information from a basketball standpoint to support how the 2025 commits are not elite High School prospects.
There is a bullet list of material that shows they are elite.
I guess we have to wait and read for the revealing of facts.
Wrong question. It's not whether they were "elite" in hs. The question is whether they'll be foundational game changers for the LVs in college. So we only have opinion on that question. Both can give "evidence" to back our opinions, but they remain opinions. Which is great since this is a fan opinion board.

TN has had players came from these types of high schools teams in the past that don’t become elite in college. Jazmine Massengill and I’m sure others can name a few. Again, not knocking Mia but Kim will need higher ranked players to commit to compete so let’s see what she can do and if Mia becomes elite or a role player like Jazmine…

Not sure if you're responding to me or Will83. But none of my opinions include personal attributes unless you consider height one. BC I don't really care their personal individual attributes outside their games. If their personal stuff passes the Kim Caldwell test, which it obviously does, I'm fine with it and don't take it in consideration.

Question: If Nyla Brooks had committed and not the twins...would you have posted the same messages?

Reactions: KnoxLikeUs
Question: If Nyla Brooks had committed and not the twins...would you have posted the same messages?
Mine would have been different bc IMO Nyla would have had a betteer chance to be the game changer, even tho technically ranked equal or lower to Mia. Also with Nyla, if they had been able to re-recruit her after her keen disappointment over Kellie, that would have been huge.

Again, it's an opinion board where people share opinions.

Mine would have been different bc IMO Nyla would have had a betteer chance to be the game changer, even tho technically ranked equal or lower to Mia. Also with Nyla, if they had been able to re-recruit her after her keen disappointment over Kellie, that would have been huge.

Again, it's an opinion board where people share opinions

Click picture below.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    715.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: KnoxLikeUs
Winning will make them notice.

Making other top programs jealous has only yielded negative recruiting.

I agree. Winning and the 100,000 reactions on Instagram and over 1 million views from their YouTube Overtime Series that TwinBackCourt garnered surrounding their recruitment/commitment suggests that the top players already notice Tennessee before/after the signing.

Which to me was why Tennessee had little interest in Nyla. Uncle comments that Tennessee reached out to her once in two months. Either the demand went higher or personal stuff would be a problem.

Read through this thread and, the missing element is CKC. She has a "system" and a player profile that she recruits to.

So far, she has been able to get the players she wants. At this point, we can only say that things are working according to plan,. which is far better than the alternative.

As a relatively inexperienced D1 coach, she and her staff have exceeded expectations to date.

Those are the "knowns."

There are 2 main unknowns.

1. How successfully will this system transfer to the SEC (in effect, preferring speed over size).

2. Does CKC have players who can play well and adapt out of the system? On that point, good teams, armed with scouting reports, will find holes in any system to exploit and/or ways to force one team out of their system for stretches of the game.

When that happens, what will be the LVs plan B (and will have the quality of players to make plays).

I will also add that, from what I can tell, CKC's system is designed to throw opponents off their preferred game. So, we may have some interesting chess match dynamics going on in LV games when they get to tougher competition.

So far, she has been able to get the players she wants.
Not sure we should make this assumption. There may be a few they’ve whiffed on that they really wanted, but for whatever reason, the staff failed to secure a commitment.

From my perspective, they have done beyond an adequate job, to include avoiding an en masse exodus, filling a few class gaps in the roster and creating that “fam” culture long honored.

Which to me was why Tennessee had little interest in Nyla. Uncle comments that Tennessee reached out to her once in two months. Either the demand went higher or personal stuff would be a problem.
I just think that whole situation was too fraught and too far gone once Kellie was fired. I trust that the current staff read it all correctly. I don't really blame them for this one.
CKC's system is designed to throw opponents off their preferred game. So, we may have some interesting chess match dynamics going on in LV games when they get to tougher competition.
We've talked about this before and I disagree about surprising anyone or throwing opponents off. This will be nothing they haven't known we were going to do since last spring, they've all seen it before, probably considered implementing it themselves. I don't think it will be chess against top opponents, I think it will be a talent show. Whoever has enough talent to control tempo wins. Period.

Which brings us back to the thread topic - landing truly elite recruits. Until we do, no system is matching the big dogs on a regular basis.
Rankings schmankings. Case in point of many. Justine Pissott.
Yes and don't forget to bring up Shannon Bobbitt for the height one off. Everyone's got that one exception ready to roll. But that's all they are. Odds are the rankings and offers are your clue.

Reactions: lfvol and Mafiaboss
I just think that whole situation was too fraught and too far gone once Kellie was fired. I trust that the current staff read it all correctly. I don't really blame them for this one.
I can easily envision a set of circumstances where Uncle Chauncey may have cost Nyla a few dollars.

VN Store

Back