2025 Schedule Bizarre

I hope that Florida game is in October again.
Was curious about this. Assuming September 13 is our SEC opener, it looks like it will be Florida, Georgia, or Arkansas, as they are the only teams that also have open dates on their schedules 9/13 (didn’t check Vandy or Bama, but we know those dates).

Given we play UGA later in the year now, I’d assume our SEC opener will be at home against Arkansas or on the road @Florida.

Was curious about this. Assuming September 13 is our SEC opener, it looks like it will be Florida, Georgia, or Arkansas, as they are the only teams that also have open dates on their schedules 9/13 (didn’t check Vandy or Bama, but we know those dates).

Given we play UGA later in the year now, I’d assume our SEC opener will be at home against Arkansas or on the road @Florida.
Hope it's Arkansas, but it'll probably be Florida. Because the SEC loves sending us to the Swamp in September. :rolleyes:

If the SEC could give Mizzou, Arkansas, MissSt and SC to the Big Ten, I think we would all let them go…. And the Big Ten likely would take them.
Why? Because we always played those teams?

No, a few reasons:

1. I liked the divisional format so we could play our traditional, geographical rivals like Georgia every season.
2. It would be addition (of strength) by subtraction.

Yeah, but three of those are gonna be cakewalks…. Kentucky might be a little challenging… but those other three? Vols by Fiddy

I would like to have a rotating Power 4 challenge similar to the ACC/SEC challenge in basketball, except every year you matchup with a new conference. One year it’s the SEC/B1G, the next Big 12 and so on . I think you do something similar to that and then have every P4 school play a 9 game conference schedule, that equals 10/11 Power 4 games for each school.

That's a great suggestion. It would also strengthen the claims to getting more at-large bids in the playoffs by the conference that wins more of those matchups.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
That's a great suggestion. It would also strengthen the claims to getting more at-large bids in the playoffs by the conference that wins more of those matchups.
It’s almost like a very scaled down college version of the NFC East Teams playing the AFC West teams and then rotating to the AFC South the next year.

VN Store

Back