2025 Schedule Bizarre

Why do we schedule like a third rate program? Syracuse? That's a our premiere out of conference matchup? Really? Our athletic department needs to do better. Why can't we schedule teams like Ohio State or Southern Cal for home and home series? Texas and Georgia plays teams like Michigan and Clemson out of conference while we schedule the likes of NC State and Syracuse.

Can we really call ourselves a blue blood when we schedule like this?
We keep getting huge gates when we schedule the neutral site games. 3rd in 3 seasons with a mid-low level ACC Squad in a heavily recruited area. I agree that I would like a tougher opponent, but let’s not pretend like Michigan, Ohio State and UGA haven’t had weak OOC schedules the past few years.

I would like to have a rotating Power 4 challenge similar to the ACC/SEC challenge in basketball, except every year you matchup with a new conference. One year it’s the SEC/B1G, the next Big 12 and so on . I think you do something similar to that and then have every P4 school play a 9 game conference schedule, that equals 10/11 Power 4 games for each school.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
We keep getting huge gates when we schedule the neutral site games. 3rd in 3 seasons with a mid-low level ACC Squad in a heavily recruited area. I agree that I would like a tougher opponent, but let’s not pretend like Michigan, Ohio State and UGA haven’t had weak OOC schedules the past few years.

I would like to have a rotating Power 4 challenge similar to the ACC/SEC challenge in basketball, except every year you matchup with a new conference. One year it’s the SEC/B1G, the next Big 12 and so on . I think you do something similar to that and then have every P4 school play a 9 game conference schedule, that equals 10/11 Power 4 games for each school.
Sankey nixs that deal unless we get a new contract. Keep wishing, though.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Sankey nixs that deal unless we get a new contract. Keep wishing, though.
I agree. I think we’re going to revisit that once the 14 team CFP comes into play in ‘26. This weekends Bama vs UGA game is a huge step into getting that 9th game. Our game vs Ou had a big #. Those big time matchups are going to entice Disney or possibly even another sub group to come in on that 9th game. I’m in favor of everyone having a uniform 9 game conference season and having at least 1 Power 4 OOC opponent.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Why do we schedule like a third rate program? Syracuse? That's a our premiere out of conference matchup? Really? Our athletic department needs to do better. Why can't we schedule teams like Ohio State or Southern Cal for home and home series? Texas and Georgia plays teams like Michigan and Clemson out of conference while we schedule the likes of NC State and Syracuse.

Can we really call ourselves a blue blood when we schedule like this?
How do you know those making the schedule didn’t try to schedule a big name? Both parties have to agree to the game

SEC really screwed up these schedules for 2025. Playing Oklahoma, Arkansas and Miss State 2 years in a row is terrible. Would be better to mix things up better and spread out who everyone plays each year.
The ADs agreed to have the same schedule in 2024/2025 as a stopgap before voting on a long-term scheduling model this coming summer. They will begin a set rotation after the 2025 season.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The craziest part of the 25 schedule is we play all the same SEC teams just in reverse or where we played them this year so stupid! Why we have to play Georgia and Bama AGAIN when will it end!😂

VN Store

Back